devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 75905 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
I think perhaps rather than having fixed some of the these bugs, the switch to XML is simply resolving a lot of older issues on its own.

As for the new version, item prices and unique character ages are working right again.  However random girls still have a minimum age of 18 no matter what values the editor is set to.  Maximum age is working as intended.  Brothel icones are still missing, though the fix DoxClox said to use on page 1 fixes it.

An older bug you may be able to fix easily is that the Dependent trait is still causing rebelliousness to drop to -100.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:54:39 PM by sgb »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »
Eh, I may have made the path wrong or something because I thought I included the images with the orginonal version of 1.29.3.  The dependent issue is not a bug, but is changeable.  I do agree that the xml resolved a old issues that we never saw.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 10:46:12 PM »
Edit: It looks like it's exactly the average of Charisma and Beauty.  Before I think it was weighing mainly on Beauty alone, as +charisma items weren't seeing as much of a looks gain as a +beauty item.  This is something I'll take into account for balancing item prices.

It has always been an average of charisma and beauty (at least since I started playing anyway, back circa 1.25).  You probably weren't seeing much of a change from +charisma items, because charisma is trainable.  If you train it to 100, +charisma items won't have any effect at all.

Currently, it seems as though there is no way to use items which have been created in the item creator to affect all girls temporarily. I give one to a girl, tell her to use it, and nothing happens. The item doesn't even go away.

The "affect all girls temporarily" items have never worked to my knowledge.  I don't know if Necno implemented the system and it just doesn't work or if it's a "to do" thing.

[edit]

Another "not really a bug but should be fixed eventually" report: Some of the locations where money appears in the game are missing the currency unit (in this case, gold).  Locations I've found so far are:
  • The main screen, brothel's profit and player's cash.
  • Staff screen, total cost of gangs, matron is missing cost information completely.
  • Town, new brothels purchase dialogue box
  • Supplies/upgrades: daily cost of advertising
[edit 2]

I have a screwed up save, which occurred just after my first daughter matured.  Save attached.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:34:46 AM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 03:49:59 AM »
Here's one for the record: torturing a girl doesn't set the "tortured" flag.

Offline Rose

« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »
I think I fixed it. try the attached file

Note preg can still screw up the saves.

The fixed file worked for a few weeks, after which it promply died again in exactly the same manner as before.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Need to check a few things with preg.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2009, 08:44:20 AM »
I'm beginning to wonder if I should XMLify the saved games:

Pro: It seems more reliable,
Pro: It's much easier to spot errors

Con: It's a lot of work spread over a lot of files
Con: I'm worried about breaking it further.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
Eh, I'd rather change the internals a bit than xml the save file for now.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2009, 10:03:58 AM »
Fine by me :) I'm still in bugfix mode on the release code anyway. Think I got the torture one I reported.

You working on the pregnancy issues?

Offline Alugere

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »
There is still a major bug involved where the game crashes when someone is about to give birth as well.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »
Will work on the preg issue.  When I have time

Offline sgb

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
It has always been an average of charisma and beauty (at least since Istarted playing anyway, back circa 1.25).  You probably weren't seeingmuch of a change from +charisma items, because charisma is trainable. If you train it to 100, +charisma items won't have any effect at all.
Actually, I've found the issue with starting looks being so much lower now: Traits that are supposed to boost charisma/beauty/looks aren't working right.  I tested it with a character with 30 charisma, 50 beauty and the Big Boobs trait.  Her looks were getting reported as exactly 40, but Big Boobs should be increasing that value.  It's not.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
I found the age 18 issue. Young girls were being set to age 17, and then set to 18 by the virginity check.

Also found the trait issue: there's an ApplyTraits call hidden in the middle of the legacy girl loader that I missed.

Fixed in the next release :)

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »
Here are a few issues I didn't remember seeing in the 1.29.2 version:

Random girls are sometimes being tagged in red at the slave market.

A girl who has seen a number of customers still receives a "This girl is doing nothing" message after the other status messages for that shift.

Somtimes unequpping an item from a girl gives me back multiple numbers of the item I'm getting back, when I didn't have any of that item before, i.e. unequipping nipple rings and receiving 5 back instead of just 1.

For the 1.29.3.2 version, if the items.itemsx file isn't present the program no longer loads the old file properly. There will be one and only one item that ever displays.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
I can definitely confirm that "affects all" does in fact to nothing.

Anyone know how it was supposed to work? Make the modifications for a turn, and then take them off again the at the end of it?