devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.3  (Read 75916 times)

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: Bugs 1.29.3
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »
Its all cool I was just making sure everyone knew what I was trying to say

(time to kill some DEMOMEN in TF2 for the patriots)
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline redle

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »
Thanks DocClox.  I had tried spreading various save folders about but was missing the trailing s from saves.  Never the less, I will comment that adding the folder to the distribution or having the code create the non-existent directory would be a nice addition...

Oh, and yep that seems to have fixed it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
It should be there - I'll add it to our new bug tracking system.

Offline Draka

« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2009, 07:41:56 PM »
sgb...thanks a bunch. I dled the newest WM editor and coverted things over to xml and it works fine now.  ;D

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2009, 05:21:33 AM »
Is anyone else finding that the gambling chance isn't reported on the upgrades screen? I've been assuming it's just me, but I don't seem to have tinkered with that bit of code yet, so maybe not ...

Never mind, I got it. The interface ID isn't being set - could well be down to me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 05:24:31 AM by DocClox »

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
I think I have a partial clue into my disappearing inventory problem... On my current game the inventory disappears whenever I sell a slave or fire a girl. However, starting up a new game doesn't produce the same results right away, so there must be still some other factor(s) involved.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2009, 06:17:38 PM »
were any of the missing items at one time in the girl's possession? It sounds like the game is trying to clear down her inventory and getting it wrong. If they'd been owned by the girl, there's a chance the girl still has a pointer to the item, and consequently the destruction process is deleting the items.

mmm... let me see if I can replicate that.

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2009, 06:44:04 PM »
On the game that the bug is happening on, I can have stuff that I've never given to anyone at anytime disappear. What you suggested was actually one of my first thoughts as well, but, again, I couldn't replicate the process on a brand new game right away. It always spites me a bit when the game clears out my inventory after getting a Super Cream of Healing, Venus necklace, or some other rare item that I'm trying to save for some specific girl.

Sometimes when I unequip a girl I get back multiple items of the item I'm trying to unequipp. Even stranger yet, last night I saw a Pearl Necklace I unequipped turn into a "Hand mirror" , added separately from the 4 "Hand Mirror" that were already in inventory. Note the difference in capitalization. I sold the abberrant item to the store right away because I was afraid it was going to bug my inventory again, and the item promptly vanished into the ether somewhere. (I've customized my items list to make "A hand mirror" to be "Hand Mirror". I can't begin to imagine where the game pulled that "Hand mirror" description from.)

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems I have quite a bit more inventory problems after I've started raiding the catacombs. Whatever is the actual catalyst, once the problem starts it keeps on going.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2009, 03:42:12 AM »
Which girl packs are you using? If there's not too many of them, and you've got a save where this is happening, that could be very useful. Doubly so if you can replicate it with just the standard girls.

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2009, 02:55:32 PM »
Which girl packs are you using? If there's not too many of them, and you've got a save where this is happening, that could be very useful. Doubly so if you can replicate it with just the standard girls.

The game I was currently having problems with used EternalEquinox packs 1-5+Tenchi Muyo,Vandread pack, Supah SF. I plan to use more packs in the future, but wanted to look closer at the characters before adding them. I'll try to see if I can replicate the problem using just the normal girls.

On a different note, I started a game where I ran 8 gangs kidnapping girls from the very start and am noticing that at least half of my girls are being added with house percentage set to 0. And once in awhile one is added with percentage of 100, despite not being a slave. Most of the non standard ones are 0 though.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2009, 03:44:56 PM »
Added that to the tracker. We have a last 1.29 release coming up. Once that gets done, I'll be able to take a little time for bug fixing

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
On a different note, I started a game where I ran 8 gangs kidnapping girls from the very start and am noticing that at least half of my girls are being added with house percentage set to 0. And once in awhile one is added with percentage of 100, despite not being a slave. Most of the non standard ones are 0 though.

I was looking at something else in the girls.girlsx file and suddenly realized that these girls with 0% were set like this in the config file. I had thought that the game itself set the default value for this so I guess I misunderstood how the game was suppose to work here.  Although having to check the value everytime a girl is added is a bit cumbersome in my lone opinion.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2009, 07:30:20 PM »
Interesting. So we can probably fix the issue by setting the House percentages to 100% or 60% depending on whether the girl is a slave or not.

Question is: what should the game do with that field? Possibilities are to use it as the girl's default house percentage when free (which apparently it does at the moment) or to ignore it and set all girls to 100% if slaves or 60% if free. Ignoring it seems to make more sense.

Anyone have any arguments to the contrary?

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »
I think the default values should be configurable in the config file, with 60% and 100% being a good starting place.  We could possibly have it ignore the defaults if the house percentage in the .girlsx file is non-zero, though I think that would be more of a nuisance than anything (I typically set all my girls to the same house percentage and would be rather irritated to discover some of them were using values other than the default).

If we ever implement either a system where the girls negotiate their percentage take, then the value in the .girlsx file could represent the minimum commission rate they are willing to accept.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."