devolution

Author Topic: Sterile girl got pregnant  (Read 11400 times)

Offline Sigfried666

Sterile girl got pregnant
« on: December 12, 2009, 10:00:01 PM »
Like said in the title. I had a sterile girl getting pregnant from sex with a costumer.
The girl was Aegis, from persona 3. She is a sterile costruct. No big deal.
She couldn't get pregnant from coming with the sterile trait. So I had her have sex without protection, she got inseminated twice, then she got pregnant.
Maybe the MILF trait she got from giving birth to a monster made the script ignore her sterile trait?

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Sterile girl got pregnant
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 10:07:04 PM »
 >:( That is it.  Time to recode the pregnancy stuff.

exodia91

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:31:50 AM »
Just a suggestion, but I don't think giving birth to a monster should give the milf trait. It just seems... off for some reason. And it would be nice if you could quit and reload previous day to re-roll babie's genders, Randomness is great and all but when I'm trying to staff an entire brothel with my daughters 10 boys in a row can be frustrating.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:32:46 AM »
Just a suggestion, but I don't think giving birth to a monster should give the milf trait.

Sounds fair: I'll add it to the bug tracker.

And it would be nice if you could quit and reload previous day to re-roll babie's genders, Randomness is great and all but when I'm trying to staff an entire brothel with my daughters 10 boys in a row can be frustrating.

Can you not do that already? Or are the results always the same?

If people want, I can add the %chance for a boy or girl to the config file, so you can set any gender proportions you like. Maybe add the base chance to get a girl pregnant as well.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 06:11:27 AM »
If people want, I can add the %chance for a boy or girl to the config file, so you can set any gender proportions you like. Maybe add the base chance to get a girl pregnant as well.

I would love this. At least in the current version, the benefits to having a daughter far outweigh those of having a son, so... until we can put our sons in gangs, i'd like to be able to skew towards useful kids.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »
No problem. I'll release this as soon as the rest of the config stuff is properly tested. Maybe another week if the festive season doesn't intrude too much... :)

There's a 25% reduction in preg chance for BDSM, but I've not included that since then I need to add mods for all the other sex acts, and you have to draw a line somewhere.
Code: [Select]
<!--
 !
 !      Player-, Customer- and MonsterChance
 !      give the odds on her getting knocked up
 !      by the PC, a customer and a monster, respectvely
 !
 !      GoodSexFactor is the multiplier for the pregnancy chance
 !      if both parties were happy afterward.
 !
 !      ChanceOfGirl is the %chance of any baby being female.
 !
 !-->
        <Pregnancy
                PlayerChance    = "8%"
                CustomerChance  = "8%"
                MonsterChance   = "8%"
                GoodSexFactor   = "2"
                ChanceOfGirl    = "50%"
        />

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 11:10:57 AM »
>:( That is it.  Time to recode the pregnancy stuff.

Incidentally, are you just re-doing the time of pregnancy and giving birth bits? Or are you changing the way she gets pregnant as well?

I've just added a load of changes to get getting pregnant code is all :)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:20:42 AM »
I will need to see that code, since that was part of what I wanted to do, now to work on the giving birth portion of it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 11:58:08 AM »
Posted details to the developer subforum.

Offline letmein

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »
Hey, I don't suppose I could see that forum if I asked politely, could I?   ;)   I wouldn't really have much to say, but it'd be nice to see a little more of what's going on...
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »
I would also like at least read access to the developer's forum and bug tracker, if you would be so kind.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 03:04:29 AM »
I guess I just broke the first rule of Fight Club :D

I can't see any reason why people shouldn't have access to the bug tracker. If nothing else, it might save me having to enter the bugs :)

For the dev forum: we did talk about giving  read only access to the wider community at one stage. I'm reluctant to have non-devs posting there, if only because I don't want discussions of "how are we going to implement X" getting sidetracked into "I'm still not sure X is a good idea in the first place". That's no reflection on either of you, but if we get a lot of non-devs with write access, it's pretty much bound to happen.

In any event, it's not in my gift. We'll talk about it, is the best I can do right now.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 05:06:04 AM »
I'm fine with read-only access - I'd just like to get an idea of how things are going on the back end.  It's not a big deal if you guys decide not to do it, though.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »
Or you can just limit read/write access once ppl get a certain amount of post or personal "trust/usefulness"
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 10:30:09 AM »
I would not mind people having the ability to post bugs to the bug tracker after a while, prevent the new users posting bugs as urgent that we all ready have on the tracker and are working on.