Author Topic: Matrons  (Read 10017 times)

Offline TF

Matrons
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:38 PM »
I've had matrons at my all my brothels for awhile now, but I haven't had a chance to use them much, since I tend to micromanage quite a bit. However, into the 3rd month with 4 full brothels, it's starting to get more than a bit tedious, so I decided to let the matrons fulfill their function. The impression I had was that matrons wait until girls get tired, take them off work, then return them to their assigned tasks once they've rested. My matrons seem to have been a bit more ambitious and took every single girl off work (even the ones with super high constitutions whose tiredness never rises above 0), and they're not being put back on work. Even if I missed something, and matrons are scripted to put girls back to work, something tells me they shouldn't be taking *all* my girls off work just because one or two get tired.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: Matrons
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
They matron are bugged so they dont ever put girls back on there working shift and only remove (sometimes depending on lvl) girls that either have low HP or high Tiredness.
Anyway they going to be removed in favor of girls working as caretakers
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »
Hear hear... but I'll still try to fix anyway cause won't be implementing the new systems for at least 2 updates/weeks.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
Matrons are being completely removed?

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
Yep, going to be able to assign one of your girls as a matron.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:32:09 PM »
well that makes some of the traits mentioned in the todo file more reasonable.

Offline PHR

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 08:49:15 PM »
I think the best way to do it would be to give orders to the matrons like this:

"Set girls to rest when tiredness goes above X% or health goes below Y%. Else, set girls to work [job]."

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »
That would be quite useful...

Offline Command

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 07:45:57 PM »
That would be nice.

It would also be good if they were programmed to put them not just in the brothel once tired but also in the previous job they had unless they are recuperating from the dungion.

It would also be useful if the matron's sent girls who refused to work for more than two turns straight to the Dungion for punishment.  That would help greatly instead of having to week them out among all the other girls with Japanese names that are fairly forgettable.

Offline letmein

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:53:03 PM »
I wouldn't want that.  Everyone else seems to play the "to the DUNGEON!!!" style; I don't...  you can lower rebellion without needing to use the D-word, and I wouldn't want matrons randomly tossing girls around.  It's not too hard to find the girls that are rebellous.  They're highlighted!  Once necno gets multiple girl selection incorporated, which should be the next release, this won't be an issue at all.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:07:06 PM »
Makes sence.  I guess it would also be easier if girls who didn't do their jobs also had their names highlighted in the Brothel selection as well and not just the summeries.

Offline letmein

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:19 PM »
They are...  or at least, I thought they were.  necno hasn't quite finished the highlighting thing yet - it's intended that different levels of "this is IMPORTANT!" will be given different colors, so there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason at what gets highlighted where right now.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 10:34:45 PM »
I wouldn't want matrons throwing girls in the dungeon either.  I'm personally not into the whole torture thing, so I find other ways of dealing with rebellious girls - none of which ever involve the dungeon.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
Like how about another menu for lighter punishments that doesn't involve the Dungion or torture.

Like restrictions in where they can go.  Loosing certain privilages, not being alowed to leave their rooms, fining certain girls and such.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 11:42:41 PM »
That can probably be handled by adding some new options to the talk script, but it wouldn't be something the matrons could handle automatically.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."