devolution

Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 110568 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
Are unique girls more expensive? I made slaves have the same worth as non-slaves, but I shouldn't have done anything to make unique girls more expensive.

Also they seem about the same as ever in my game, but that doesn't mean much :)

Offline Alugere

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »
Girls get insinenated instead of inseminated currently.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »
Not any more :) Well, not after the next release.

I wouldn't mind, but I remember fixing that one. Ah, the joys of software :)

Offline sgb

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »
1.28.4.2 test
-Pregnancy controls working great now.
-Income summary for unique girls working now.
-Player recieving 'mystery income' every turn.  I started a new game, did nothing, hit next turn, and somehow made 812 gold.  It gets worse if you have working girls.  I bought 4 random girls, set all to work both shifts.  Even though the individual summaries were barely above 100 gold a girl, I said I made 5000+ gold.  It's not merely a visual error either, I actually gained thousands of gold.  Worse, this seems to go up and up AND DOESN'T RESET WHEN STARTING A NEW GAME!  After the 5000+ gold thing, I quit and made a new game.  Did nothing, next turn.  Earned 5000+ gold!  Something's still not getting calculated right.
-Slave Market still getting reset every time you hit 'buy'.  This resetting occurs even if you don't have a girl selected.

Are unique girls more expensive? I made slaves have the sameworth as non-slaves, but I shouldn't have done anything to make uniquegirls more expensive.

Also they seem about the same as ever in my game, but that doesn't mean much
My brain shut off there for a second; I deleted that post.  Everything is working as you say on that front.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:02:48 PM by sgb »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 06:02:19 PM »
Currently, after a bit more playing, it seems that money gained is something along the lines of:

Money gained per turn = money from slaves + total money gained the previous turn

Therefore, each turn, the amount of money you gain goes up.

I can confirm SGB's statement about money gain rates not reseting between games. Also, the thing that decides whether or not gangs can attack you doesn't reset either so they can attack you on turn one.

Edit:
Also, my money grew to the point where it wrapped around to be negative and now I am running out of money when using a "Test" brothel which should have unlimited money...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:13:27 PM by Alugere »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »
Humm... sounds like the zero() method isn't zeroing income then. Should be simple enough.

I'll look at the safe period not being reset.

[edit]

Yep, that looks like the problem :) Let me see if I can squish that safe period bug and I'll do another release tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:21:42 PM by DocClox »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2009, 06:16:08 PM »
Also, I have enemy gangs stealing several hundred thousand gold from me at the beginning of the game.

Balmung60

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2009, 09:38:08 PM »
I've got an odd one, I went to the slave market and selected Shirley Fenette and Fiora , in that order and pushed "buy selected slave", and the game said "Fiora has been sent to your current brothel" twice instead of the separate dialogue boxes, and in the girls list, it indeed showed two Fioras and the game crashed out when I selected "Girl Details" the one that should have been Shirley (sorry, forgot to get the game log, but it is consistently repeatable).

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:02 AM »
Myself, I have an opposite issue.  Even though money reported is profit, I'm still losing money.  Even though income is more than enough to cover outgoings.  Yes, this is 1.29.4.2.

Offline Draka

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »
Using 1.29.4.2 right now.. and I noticed something with a custom item of mine, not sure about any others as I just barely started.. it's not adding the stats and skills to the girl's totals... I have boots that add to a few of the sex skills, but giving the boots to the girl, and equipping them doesn't do anything.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009, 01:14:54 AM »
Money is still wonky with 1.29.4.2, but then, I think that's been mentioned. Only thing that springs to my mind that I haven't seen already is: is it intentional that customers sent to your dungeon can no longer be sold into slavery and/or starved?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2009, 05:24:54 AM »
Money is still wonky with 1.29.4.2, but then, I think that's been mentioned. Only thing that springs to my mind that I haven't seen already is: is it intentional that customers sent to your dungeon can no longer be sold into slavery and/or starved?

No, it isn't. I'll have a look.

* DocClox mutters darkly about ISPs dropping sites from their DNS server for no apparent reason....

[edit]

Got the bug where rivals were not respawning

[edit]

Matrons appear to be increasing in level just fine. There is only a 1% chance each turn of this happening. This certainly seems less than I remember, but the code appears correct. I wonder if a previous bug made the odds crop up more than they should?

Since I was there, I've tweaked matron wages so they rise by a modest amount as she gains in skill.

[edit]

OK, next release is compiling now.

• Mystery Money" bug fixed.
  • Rivals should now respawn
  • Matrons should level properly - with a 20% chance per turn.
  • Matron wages go up according to skill level
  • May have solved the intermittent "Next Week" crash, although more likely it will just move.
  • Added a little more information to the player home screen
[edit]

Released, and posted to the download thread. I think I'm going to go and shoot some pixels for a bit now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:21:34 PM by DocClox »

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:09 PM »
For v1.28.4.3:

The money still appears to be doubling on the first week, but seems to be working after that.

If you buy a girl but don't actually have her do anything the first week, the profit reported is wildly inaccurate, although doesn't seem to post wrong to the actual amount.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »
Booze doesn't seem to autobuy in this version.

Offline dcb42

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »
1.29.4.4 - found girl wandering around town. Recruited her. Sent her to dungeon. Made her slave. Put her back in the brothel. Got her pregnant. Hit "Next Week."

...and she gave birth immediately. I mean, that's a hell of a gestation period!

EDIT - yeah, poking around: all girls, when pregnant (at least made pregnant by the player) report 'due to give birth in 0 weeks.' Also, after birth they don't have the 4-week infertile period.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:54:33 PM by dcb42 »