devolution

Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 110613 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 10:06:01 PM »
Damn - I didn't put the new config file in the archive, did I?

Try making sure the Pregnancy section looks like this. It should default to these same values if the file is missing or the fields are absent but clearly this isn't happening.

Code: [Select]
        <Pregnancy
                PlayerChance    = "8%"
                CustomerChance  = "8%"
                MonsterChance   = "8%"
                GoodSexFactor   = "2.0"
                ChanceOfGirl    = "50%"
                WeeksPregnant   = "38"
                WeeksTillGrown  = "60"
                CoolDown        = "4"
        />

I'll look at fixing it tomorrow - I need to get some sleep right now :)

likewise the booze

Offline sgb

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:27 PM »
If you use those new variables in the config file you mentioned, they're all working correctly.

Now that I can actually test daughters quickly, a few bugs with them:
-Daughters start with a seemingly random level.
-Daughters start with very low happiness (<20 usually).
-Daughters start with very low Constitution (<25 usually).
-Daughters start with lowish looks (<40 usually).  Confirmed this isn't simply bad dice rolls; I have a random girl that should start with 60-100 CHR, 60-100 Beauty, and several possible bonus traits.  She was generated with under 40 looks.
-Player daughters are not getting the 'Your Daughter' trait added.
-Daughters always start as slaves (not a bug).  Perhaps this state should be changed to 'inherited'?  ie free mother = free daughter?

Edit: another possible bug: While using Test Mode walks to get some girls to test with, it gave me girls flagged as catacombs only.  Is this a Test Mode override, or a bug?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:23:14 PM by sgb »

Offline Alugere

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33:27 PM »
@Doc: For the girl stat thing: could you check to see if the girls are recieving the base stats for their template? It seems they are only gaining stuff from their mother and not from the source.

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »
Still seems heavy on crashing.

Attached is a file in the post-game which is always crashing.  Don't know why.

Version is 129.4.4
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:47:41 PM by Bloodly »

Offline kalador

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »
Running v1.29.4.3
In Town at the House icon
CURRENT OBJECTIVE:    Gather 3400 gold, g_Gold.ival()<< gathered so far.

That should have been 0 gold gathered so far, since I just got this objective.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2009, 12:01:19 AM »
Perhaps it's because I updated and still continued an old save, but birth is no longer adding the MILF tag.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2009, 05:04:33 AM »
-Daughters start with a seemingly random level.
-Daughters start with very low happiness (<20 usually).
-Daughters start with very low Constitution (<25 usually).
-Daughters start with lowish looks (<40 usually).  Confirmed this isn't simply bad dice rolls; I have a random girl that should start with 60-100 CHR, 60-100 Beauty, and several possible bonus traits.  She was generated with under 40 looks.
-Player daughters are not getting the 'Your Daughter' trait added.
-Daughters always start as slaves (not a bug).  Perhaps this state should be changed to 'inherited'?  ie free mother = free daughter?

Edit: another possible bug: While using Test Mode walks to get some girls to test with, it gave me girls flagged as catacombs only.  Is this a Test Mode override, or a bug?
The catacombs only thing is an XML bug. Never did get around to fixing it, probably should make time for it now. Noticed the happiness/constitution thing myself.

I know what you mean about the inherited slavery.

@Doc: For the girl stat thing: could you check to see if the girls are recieving the base stats for their template? It seems they are only gaining stuff from their mother and not from the source.

Yeah, that fits with what I saw in the code...

Attached is a file in the post-game which is always crashing.  Don't know why.

Version is 129.4.4

Thanks, I'll have a look

Running v1.29.4.3
In Town at the House icon
CURRENT OBJECTIVE:    Gather 3400 gold, g_Gold.ival()<< gathered so far.

That should have been 0 gold gathered so far, since I just got this objective.

I was sure I fixed that last night. Must be in more than one place.

Perhaps it's because I updated and still continued an old save, but birth is no longer adding the MILF tag.

I'll look at it :)

[edit]

@Bloodly: why two saves and one masterfile? Is one from the game's root directory?

nvm - yes it is. There was a bug a few versions back where the master files were being created in the root folder, but named as save files. You should be able to move these away without causing problems now.

@kalador: I did fix it! Try that again with 1.29.4.4 :)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:47:13 AM by DocClox »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2009, 09:16:52 PM »
A few things I noticed:

1) with 3 girls training, the first two say they trained with 4 other girls (instead of 2, as it should have been), and the last still has the "last girl only trains with 1 other" bug.

2) the auto-buy options on the staff page deselect themselves when you navigate away from the page.

As a side note, the screen mode stuff should be merged into the config file.  There is no point in having two separate config files.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:56:42 PM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2009, 09:24:39 PM »
1) with 3 girls training, the first two say they trained with 4 other girls (instead of 2, as it should have been), and the last still has the "last girl only trains with 1 other" bug.
One of these days, I'll get around to looking at training :)
2) the auto-buy options on the staff page deselect themselves when you navigate away from the page.
That would explain it. Thanks. I'll get on that once I get the mess in cGirls.cpp sorted out

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
Here's a bug I don't think I've seen reported before, although I've had it since 1.29.3 (I think). 

Some girls end up with the default image set, and clicking on their gallery causes a crash.  The girls look custom, but I can't find their names in any of the girlsx files.

Also, sometimes a normal girl will show up as "custom" colored in the slave market, even though I can't find her in any of the girlsx files.  This may be intended, but I have a feeling it's not.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
Also, sometimes a normal girl will show up as "custom" colored in the slave market, even though I can't find her in any of the girlsx files.  This may be intended, but I have a feeling it's not.

That's mentioned in another topic. I think Doc said chances are the game runs out of Unique girls and ends up making its own.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
Just found a girl on the streets, recruited her, and she shows up dead in my brothel.  It would make for a nice intro if this were a mystery novel starring a grizzled pimp-cum-PI, but this isn't, so it sucks.

[edit]

I can confirm that the game is ignoring the pregnancy timing settings in the config file.  All pregnant girls seem to give birth the next week, regardless of what the config file is set to.  It is also ignoring the growing time and cool down time (I haven't played long enough to see when the kids come of age, though I set it to 1 week, so I know it isn't working right.  The cool down period is gone).

[edit 2]

Ok, this is really strange.  I knocked up another girl, and the pregnancy timing stuff worked.

Also, the player's daughters are not getting the "Your Daughter" trait.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:51:36 PM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline kalador

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2009, 02:46:56 AM »
Auto Buy is ignored on the Booze.
Auto Buy on Pregnancy Prevention works.

My apologies for that last report.  I had not realized that a new version had been released.  A fun little game.  Thanks.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2009, 04:26:14 AM »
Not to worry - you put a version number in with the report, I was just too sleepy headed to notice it the first time :)

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2009, 09:35:10 AM »
It's not so much Auto Buy is ignored as that the Auto-buy for all three are on the same system-which just changed to 'every four turns'(I.e. monthly).

This is not only problematic for the secondary items, it also means we're back to buying potions every week again.  Sometimes you appreiciate the extra work to do.  Other times you don't.

...I swear it's gotten harder to run 'Good' games.  I can't explain it.  Where before I would break even fairly quickly(Though profits were small but usually consistant), now I'm taking losses almost constantly, and far greater to boot.  Nothing's changed in costings.