Author Topic: Trait bonus balance suggestions  (Read 6785 times)

Offline sgb

Trait bonus balance suggestions
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:47:35 PM »
Some of the traits are a little out of whack at the moment, which makes assigning traits based on 'fluff' (ie Charming characters) problematic as it can result in easy 100% looks characters.  Some suggestions for changes:

Charismatic - this is currently giving a +100 bonus to Charisma and +10 to beauty.  That seems less like Charismatic, and more like 'Goddess level awe'.  Perhaps lower it ~+25-30 Charisma?

Charming - almost as bad as Charismatic, at +60 to CHR and +15 beauty.  Lower to ~+20 CHR and +10 beauty?

Dependent - this is currently increasing obedience by +90 and lowering spirit by 30.  Though this doesn't matter as it outright lowers rebelliousness to -100% no matter what.  That effect should really go, as the stat changes are a sufficient effect.

Manly - nothing terribly wrong here, but it's not giving any penalty to looks.  For most costumers, 'Manly' looks should be a turn-off.

Fake Orgasm Expert - +2 to all sex skills; this is almost pointless.  Increase to +5-10?

Horrific Scars - gives a -5 to Beauty currently.  That doesn't sound very horrific to me.  Bump it to -10-15?

Slow Orgasms - -2 to all sex stats.  Same problem as Fake Orgasm Expert; bump to -5-10?

Lolita - Gives some hefty bonuses to Beauty and Charisma.  Why?  Not all customers are interested in underage teenagers.  This should really just be a 'fetish only' trait.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:21:46 AM by sgb »

Offline dcb42

Re: Trait bonus balance suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 10:51:16 PM »
I like most of these suggestions, save for Manly, which I always interpreted as being more a matter of attitude and possibly clothing/makeup use than 'She's a MAN, baby, yeah!' style looks. 'Butch' might be a better name for the Trait, IMHO.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:14:31 PM »
Rebellion is a cluster fuck that needs to be cleaned up.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 11:28:04 PM »
I totally agree with you sgb. I'm sure theres others that give pretty crazy bonuses as well.
I think "Manly" should just be a fetish only trait as well as lolita. 
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 11:44:52 PM »
I've clean up rebellion and here is how it is calculated.

Note everything is rounded down.
Code: [Select]
reduce rebellion by 15 if there is a matron in the brothel

if the girl is retarded reduce rebellion by 30

add the difference of PCFear and PCHate

subtract the one fifth of PCLove

add one half spirit

subtract one fifth obedience

if a gang is on guard duty reduce rebellion by 10

add one tenth of tiredness

if happiness is less than 50 add one fifth of happiness
else subtract one tenth of happiness

if she is a slave subtract 15
else add 15

if the girl is not a slave then
    if you are taking all increase rebellion by 30
    else if you are taking more than 70 increase by one half the house percent minus 60
    else if you are taking less than 50 decrease rebellion by one half the house percent

This is if the girl is not dependent,mind fucked or broken willed.  IF they are rebellion is -100

edit - I cannot seem to spell tonight.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:53:27 PM by delta224 »

Offline sgb

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »
Thanks for that.  No wonder I couldn't figure it out myself.

Offline letmein

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
sgb's suggestions all seem pretty reasonable, and in most cases, obvious.

As for the rebellion changes, δ:
I'm not sure that tiredness should affect the stat at all;  if it does, it should actually lower it once the girl gets tired enough.
If/when the matron mechanic is changed, I'm assuming this computation will have to be tweaked as well.
Should multiple guarding gangs' effect add up?
I'd increase the effect of PCLove in decreasing the stat;  there should be a way for a high-spirit girl to be amenable, and I think love is a good way to do that.
Should there be a scaling factor for the PCFear/PCHate calculation?  You can have two relatively low values for each, but that won't matter if they're different enough.
Still lurking.

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »
I'm not sure that tiredness should affect the stat at all;  if it does, it should actually lower it once the girl gets tired enough.

Who wants to work if they're dead on their feet?  Imagine you've been running up hill and down dale all day, then some authority figure tries to get you out to do the same crap AGAIN.  You're gonna say 'no' or make excuses, or something, so you can actually rest.

Offline sgb

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 10:22:45 AM »
Most of the rebelliousness factors make sense at the moment.  I always thought confidence had an impact on it though, but I guess not.  Does this stat actually do anything at all at the moment, or is it purely a 'fluff' stat at the moment?

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
It does do a few things but not much.

Offline letmein

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 12:00:37 PM »
High rebelliousness can make a girl not work, or try to escape from the dungeon.  That's pretty much it.

As for tiredness, a moderate value would certainly make a girl not want to keep working, but a high one would make them too weary to even try to rebel.  Think 'work to death'.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 01:11:59 AM »
It probably doesn't harm things to treat them the same for the sake of simplicity, but I don't see a girl refusing to work because she's tired as the same thing as a girl refusing to work just to spite me.  A girl working so long that her health deteriorates probably should have a day or two off; it's the matron's fault if she doesn't get one (assuming the player is using a matron).  I don't think that refusing to work gives them the benefit of time off, though, so it doesn't work out to the same thing in the end.

I'm fine with keeping things the way they are in the name of simplicity, but if we separate tiredness and have a "This girl collapsed due to being overworked" or something like that, I would be OK with that too.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline thetwo

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 05:13:41 PM »
[for calculating rebellion]
if happiness is less than 50 add one fifth of happiness
else subtract one tenth of happiness

Just to verify, here are your boundary conditions:
  • if happiness is 0, you add 0 to rebellion.
  • if happiness is 50, you add 10 to rebellion.
  • if happiness is 51, you subtract 5 from rebellion.
  • if happiness is 100, you subtract 10 from rebellion.
This seems... quite wrong. Really unhappy girls don't add to rebellion at all, and moving from 50 to 51 happiness subtracts 15 from rebellion. I would suggest the following instead: "add 10 minus (one fifth of happiness, rounded down) to rebellion". This would give you:
  • if happiness is 0, you add 10 to rebellion.
  • if happiness is 50 you add 0 to rebellion.
  • if happiness is 51 you subtract 0 from rebellion.
  • if happiness is 100, you subtract 10 from rebellion.

Offline Vorpal

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 05:47:23 PM »
add the difference of PCFear and PCHate
Did you mean subtract rather than add? Add (PCFear-PCHate) would mean rebellion goes down with hatefulness and up with fear, which is the reverse of what makes sense.

if the girl is not a slave then
    if you are taking all increase rebellion by 30
    else if you are taking more than 70 increase by one half the house percent minus 60
    else if you are taking less than 50 decrease rebellion by one half the house percent
So taking 0% wouldn't reduce it at all? Or is it decrease by (60-House)/2, to be symmetric with the >70 case?

Offline thetwo

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Since someone pointed out another piecewise rebellion adjustment...

If the girl is not a slave then:
  • If you are taking 100%, increase rebellion by 30
  • If you are taking more then 70%, increase rebellion by 1/2 the house percent minus 60
  • If you are taking less then 50, decrease rebellion by 1/2 the house percent
This gives:
  • 100%, +30 rebellion
  • 99%, +19 rebellion
  • 71%, +5 rebellion
  • 70%, +0 rebellion
  • 50%, +0 rebellion
  • 49%, -24 rebellion
  • 0%, -0 rebellion
Something like "(HousePercent - 60)/2 + (HousePercent == 100?10:0)", would give you...
  • 100%, +30 rebellion
  • 99%, +19 rebellion
  • 71%, +5 rebellion
  • 70%, +5 rebellion
  • 50%, -5 rebellion
  • 49%, -5 rebellion
  • 0%, -30 rebellion