Author Topic: BUGS 1.27  (Read 24156 times)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
BUGS 1.27
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »
Know bugs (debugging the new item management took a long time, so here is the stuff i didn't get around to doing). Next version other then trying to get the new scripts done, will be focused on fixing these.

game sometimes freezes when taking money from girls

The crash when dealing with a beaten rival still happens.

-100% chance trying to brand a girl with the merciless trait.
-Very small chance when accessing the slave market regardless of the files being formatted correctly.
-Small chance on defeated rival regardless of choice.
-100% chance if deadbeat customer and defeated rival on same turn

- Also, construct girls seems to get a major happiness loss when working in the brothel.  Even High Class accomidation doesn't completely negate it.

- Another bug
Astoreth (and mostlikely Etna) as named Catacomb girls:
Will, when starting to work, not give any of their earnings to you.
I let the % - cut be on 60%, Astoreth kept all and I got 0.

- when a girl is doing training, and there's no girl adjacent to her it appears as 'she trained by herself' even if there's other girl also in training. Only when there's another adjacent girl who is training does it appear 'she trains with X girls'.

- I guess this isn't really a bug, but it doesn't help either. On transfer screen girls are represented by their "archetype" name, not their actual in game name. So we get 2-3 Demon G2s, 2-3 ArinKoohGirls and so on... It doesn't really help with organization.

- Trying to 'Take' back a Haircomb from a girl that has both the regular Haircomb and the Golden Haircomb equipped crashes the game.

- I've had several instances where a pregnant character can get pregnant again with the player's child.

- I had another crash which happened when I bought a new brothel after getting a mission to do so, therefore completing the mission. The crash wasn't consistent and seemed to be something like 50/50 odds of it going through successfully.
I meant to keep a copy of the save but I messed up and overwrote it, sorry.

- Girls don't automatically equip Armbands or Armor they buy themselves.

- Is anyone else having a problem with the Matron in 1.26?  She is taking girls off duty properly almost all the time (I think I had 1 or 2 where she didn't, but since I noticed it after reloading a save, it might have been a save issue), but she isn't putting any of the girls back on duty when they have fully rested. The matron did put them back on duty (at least for me) in 1.25.  I played through the entire game without having to check every single turn to see who is tired and who needs to go back to duty - it was awesome.  With 1.26, I only get half the goodness.

- Changing the subject: I just found a Virgin MILF in my dungeon. On the bright side, I don't think the religious right are going to like us anyway...

- Girls who are born and come of age in the same turn get the same name and are the same "Random" type.

- This isn't really a bug, but does anyone else think it's weird to have girls with 3 or 4 kids before they turn 19?

-  One more thought:  perhaps there should be a trait or something for the "born" girls, so that they're easily identifiable?  And perhaps another one for the ones that have the PC as a father?

- make girls buy from their own market (ie not from the players market)

- I've never noticed a brothel's popularity really increase

- I think there's an exploit with items that raise beauty. Give her two items and cycle between them four or five times on the inventory screen. She seems to get the bonus, but not have it removed again, so you can quickly crank anyone up to 100% looks.

- Also, just had a weird one: bough a new brothel and it gave me a new game. So I quit that, and it went back to the old game screen, although with new game data. So I reloaded and it crashes (no surprise by this time).

- Now, I found out if you let one of the girls die in your dungeon the corpse will be removed at the next day. No Problem with that, but if shes allready dead you can still torture and/or talk or even rape her. It's not really a bug, but I think you should change this in some way ;-)

- I assume the cropped-at-the-neck shot of the girl with her shirt almost falling off is a place holder for girls that don't have a profile pic? Anyway, if you find a girl like that and choose "gallery" it hangs the game. I appreciate this is a problem with the girl mod [1] but the game re3ally ought to be robust enough that errors in mod files can't crash the game itself. [1] In this case Sophita Alexandra - can't remember who's pack she came from, sorry. [2]
[2] Looked it up: EEpack2. Not sure why it happens, since the preview pics are actually there. Haven't looked much deeper than that...

- unhappyness->unhappiness

- Make Custom girls appear more before randomized girls in the catacombs

- make "Incorporeal" girls infertile.

- I think the code that boosts the price for groups is still buggy, sometimes I get groups at the normal price and sometimes at the increased price. I've also noticed that in a shift with an under-billed group session there was a monsters and animals session with an increased price.

- I once set the chance at 51 with a pool of 10,000 and went to -68,000 the next day (where it stayed until I payed it back).  Until I payed it back, I would randomly lose when going to the next day, even if my net cash - gambling debt was less than 5,000.

- pregnant images may not be showing up
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: BUGS 1.27
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
Also, i just had a bug where apparently it was trying to draw a girl image on the girl management screen that had been already released and not set to null. this is weird cause I'm quite religious about setting things to null. But it is probably the cause of some of the random crashes.... i suspect crashes when entering any screen may be related and think possible any screen that "remembers" your last selection has this problem.

Can anyone confirm that the crash when entering certain screens only occurs on screens that remember your last selection... cause that means its easy to fix.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:

Offline jacq2e

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
Well, the market look better, but every time I try to buy an item, for the player or a girl, the game crash.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 08:48:30 PM »
I'm not exactly certain this is what you are talking about, but when you start a new game, your background is blank.  If you quit a game and start a new game without restarting the whole program, the brothel image is in the background when it would normally be blank.  If you quit from anywhere but the starting brothel in your first game before starting a new one, the game crashes.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »
a new quickfix version should be up latter today
Click here to donate

Working on:

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »
might be a stupid question but where do I DL new version cant seem to find it ='(

edit:ok forget it had the "feedback" tab minimized ='(
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:21:27 PM by Fstop »
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline sgb

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
The main brothel screen still says 'days' instead of 'weeks'.

Offline goofydude

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »
My Game crashes whenever I buy something from the store.

(Click item I want to buy then click arrow pointing left towards my name).

It doesn't matter what im trying to buy either.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 02:40:07 AM »
Ok, A hot-fix version is uploaded, just re-download the 1.27 patch to fix problems with the item management/shop screen. Sorry about that, guess i should have tested a bit more.

It still counts the days that go by and show on the brothel managemetn screen, but you will notice it goes up by 7 rather then 1.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:44:00 AM by necno »
Click here to donate

Working on:

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 05:37:05 AM »
Girls don't appear to have inventories. Give them a gift, it vanishes.

Go back, and the items are there, but if I try and use some perfume or a bag of sweets, it crashes again.

[edit]

Tried it again, and it worked as expected. Odd...

[edit edit]

using a bag of sweets still crashes the game however.

[edit]

Addiction cures crash the game as well. I am going to have a house full of sad addicts :(

[edit]

... and another crash when when hitting "next day" with no apparent cause.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:37:29 AM by DocClox »

Offline trex

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »
How does the update impact on saves?

With the girlpacks, quite a few girls have cut off heads in their profiles, and if you hit the gallery button -> Freeze. (1.26, Raven, Soire (sp))

Girls that run away in dungeons also have issues. Mainly, they duplicate, and if you use the next, prev button cycler, you jump to those girls in the brothel.

I've also seen the entire dungeon of girls vanish if I try the same option (take gold, brand slave) that made the original girl run away on the exact duplicate. (miku and some customs do this, I think miku is a standard though?)

These issues were on 1.26.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
If a girl puts up a fight, you can't take her gold away. I've damn near killed Jessica Albert, twice, trying to confiscate her cash.

The message says "she puts up a fight, but you take her gold anyway". When the dust clears, however, she still has the loot.

Offline sgb

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 12:58:42 PM »
Not encountering the same inventory bugs DocClox ran into.  Bought a bunch of different items, gave them as gifts and equiped/used them.  Worked as intended.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 01:33:18 PM »
mmm... tried with a bag of sweets, no problem. Repeated with cheap chocolates and BOOM.

It may be an intermittent, or it may be just me. No add-ons other than my Steampunk UI in this one. Could be  the UI, I suppose. Or it could be wine. Let's try this under vbox...

nope - "unhandled just in time error..." under XP.  That using the bag of sweets, too, so it's not the item.  I'll try with a pristine WM and see if I can narrow it down to my UI addon.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:37:34 PM by DocClox »

Offline sgb

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »
Minor typo, but when a gang is training or recruiting thier mission is listed as blank. EDIT: Only when you first set it.  Came back the next day and it's there.

More annoying issue, age restrictions for random girls are not being used.  I made a random character that is clearly older, and set her age limit to be 28-40 but she comes up as an 18 year with lolita at times.  Same goes for the reverse (loli looking random girls being generated at age 28...with the lolita trait since I set the profile to give it at 100% as I intended age to be fixed at 18.)

Also, the 1.24 changelog states the minimum age got lowered to 17.  It still seems like 18 is the lowest value being used, at least for random generation.

Lastly, I can confirm the game is randomly crashing when hitting 'next week'.

EDIT: Found out the problem DocClox is having.  Consumable items don't disappear right away when used.  If you try to interact with the item again, it will crash (since it doesn't exist).  Once you use a consumable item, DON'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING MORE WITH IT.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:03:37 PM by sgb »