Author Topic: BUGS 1.27  (Read 24160 times)

Offline Madmachine

Re: BUGS 1.27
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »
If seems with my game (using 1.27 and 1.27b, fresh installs), that when the time in my game enters the fourth month, the game freezes hard and I have to crash it out.  I am not sure if this is an envent issue or something else, but it always seems to happen at just that time.  I hit the next week button and then I get a loading icon, before being told the program is not responding.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 07:13:15 PM by Madmachine »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »
Ah! That would make sense.

So, the question is "are the items really being used?" I'm getting something like +2 happiness for cheap chocs, as opposed to the +20/+25 I was expecting.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 07:55:38 PM »
hmmm, so to fix that all i need to do is update the display. silly bug on my part.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline sgb

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
Items effects are working as intended.  You might want to check your items file and see if anything got changed there.  Although misc items don't seem to be UNequippable anymore, though that may be intended since there's really no reason to. 

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »
current update I have is current (1.27b). I am having an issue where it is locking up when I hit next day.

on what I did to cause this: started a new game, save, went to shop to pick up an item, save, slave market (pick up 2~3 slaves) save, wander town, save, if girl picked up visit dungeon, use girl management, save, next day, lock up, profanity (from me), shutdown program, restart, load, next day, lock up again.

update: did a install 1.27 and  1.27b, the same result on both for me so far.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:52:55 AM by Kalebon »

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 01:20:00 AM »
Be wary of clicking too fast through 'Next Week'; it causes hang-ups.

Seems the game does not like mass training of girls....which is unfortunate, given that mass training is the only way to go thanks to the way the training system works.  It seems to especially object at high skill/con levels.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:48:36 AM by Bloodly »

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 01:49:51 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or if it was intentional, but free girls receive a much higher price for their services than slave girls.  The price for a slave girl looks to be about 60% of the price of a free girl, which would make the house take for slaves and free girls equal.  However, since we can now adjust the house take for free girls, we can make substantially more money with them than with slaves - which makes no sense at all.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »
Just wondering, have you tracked down the source of the rival crash bug yet?

Offline ker

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »

Seems the game does not like mass training of girls....which is unfortunate, given that mass training is the only way to go thanks to the way the training system works.  It seems to especially object at high skill/con levels.

I seem to be having the same issues.. If I have more than 4 girls or so in training, the game freezes when I press next week.

Offline fg109

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 12:58:43 PM »
This probably has something to do with your reply in the other bug thread:
Well, there is a new bug thread for the new version. there is a lot i didn't fix but I'm focused on those fixes for next version.

A side note is that my breaking down of the function used for updating girls (its all one function, jobs and all) is coming along nicely.

Also, i just had a bug where apparently it was trying to draw a girl image on the girl management screen that had been already released and not set to null. this is weird cause I'm quite religious about setting things to null. But it is probably the cause of some of the random crashes.... i suspect crashes when entering any screen may be related and think possible any screen that "remembers" your last selection has this problem.

When you access girl's details in either the girl management screen or dungeon, then you press quit later (saving before is optional) and reload the game, it will crash when you try to access the girl management screen or girl's details in the dungeon.

The game also crashes if you check the slave market, reload, and try to check the slave market again.

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 05:32:44 PM »

I seem to be having the same issues.. If I have more than 4 girls or so in training, the game freezes when I press next week.

would be nice to be able to go into the next day/week. but like I said earlier I lock up when I try every time.

Offline sgb

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 05:42:23 PM »
I found a workaround for the crash on 'next week'.  Move a girl to another brothel or into the dungeon (selling a girl off also works, but is obviously not recommended).  It should allow you to pass the turn now.  Oddly enough, you can move the girl back next turn and the crash won't happen.  Once this crash is in place, this seems to be the ONLY remedy.  It doesn't matter how many times you retry 'next week', it will crash until you move a girl.

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:40 PM »
I found a workaround for the crash on 'next week'.  Move a girl to another brothel or into the dungeon (selling a girl off also works, but is obviously not recommended).  It should allow you to pass the turn now.  Oddly enough, you can move the girl back next turn and the crash won't happen.  Once this crash is in place, this seems to be the ONLY remedy.  It doesn't matter how many times you retry 'next week', it will crash until you move a girl.

Did that hit the button for the next week and the game locked up when I put the girls back in and hit next week. I did not have this when it was calculating to the next day.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:44:49 PM by Kalebon »

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »

Did that hit the button for the next week and the game locked up when I put the girls back in and hit next week. I did not have this when it was calculating to the next day.

Did change the actions for everyone in the brother (them all off training) seems the crash happens with the training with 3 girls for some reason.

Offline sgb

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 10:11:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure the girl I moved was doing training too, so that might be the real fix.