devolution

Author Topic: Crashing Issue  (Read 20086 times)

Offline Graen

Re: Crashing Issue
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »
If you can find out which pack causes the crash, let us know too!  It'd be very helpful. ;)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 10:54:01 PM »
Well, something definitely is screwed up in your save files - many of the girls are missing their names or other critical information which is causing the game to hang or crash on load.  Post the .girls/.girlsx files you are using, there might be something corrupted in there.  On another note, are you using the fully patched download, or did you apply the patches yourself?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 08:42:01 PM »
Well, something definitely is screwed up in your save files - many of the girls are missing their names or other critical information which is causing the game to hang or crash on load.  Post the .girls/.girlsx files you are using, there might be something corrupted in there.  On another note, are you using the fully patched download, or did you apply the patches yourself?

I downloaded the full installation of 1.29.4.6 and I think the crash + the error with the picture attached was caused by overlapping of different packs using the same girls, some girls had them included in one big packages, others were seperate packages. Now that the main problems are fixed I still get the strange "blank" girls, the ones with no name, no stats and using default pictures... Though it is a minor problem and is no issue, I think this problem is fixed.  ::) Which was caused by the glorious me.  :-X Just need to be careful in the future, that's all. :) Thanks for trying to help me out. :)
冬陸

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »
Duplicate girls shouldn't cause crashes (at least, they used to work fine - you'd just get multiple copies of a girl in game) - if I remember, I'll test to see if that is the case.  The blank girl problem is either a bug we haven't encountered before (seems unlikely), a problem in the distribution (possible, but again unlikely as no one else has reported it), or there is something corrupt in the .girls/.girlsx files.  If you post the ones you use, I can take a look at them and see if that is indeed the case.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Samu

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=5.0
the "WM Girls1.rar" pack in this tread is bugged

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:37 PM »
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=5.0
the "WM Girls1.rar" pack in this tread is bugged

Could you give more information about that? Beside that it has some dublicate characters that might screw up with other packs. Though I haven't seen all the girls that I downloaded, which I condribute to my lack of time at the current moment.
Also, as for you zodiac44, I'm currently working on something, no idea if it might work, if it does, it might get rid of my problems (beside the default girl, which comes from a package of some sort or just from adding the girls, but it's not my current problem).
冬陸

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 05:09:42 PM »
Which girl file format are you using, the orginal or the xml version.

I may have figured out the issue :)

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 05:29:30 PM »
Which girl file format are you using, the orginal or the xml version.

I may have figured out the issue :)

If that was directed to me, then I use the downloaded version, that's .girl ones... Atleast most of them are .girls and some of them are .girlsx... (and the WM1 girl packages uses .girls)
冬陸

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »
Why I did not think of this sooner I have no idea.  The cause of your problems is that the WM girls1.rar girl file has a newline at the end of the file which screws up the loading process.  You can manually remove it by opening the file in notepad and going to the very last line in the file and hitting backspace then saving.  You will need to start a new game but this should fix the issues you have been having.

Offline mranderson81

• 冬陸
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
Yep, works now. :)
Thanks!  :D
冬陸

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »
You are welcome and I am kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner.

Offline Graen

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Why I did not think of this sooner I have no idea.  The cause of your problems is that the WM girls1.rar girl file has a newline at the end of the file which screws up the loading process.  You can manually remove it by opening the file in notepad and going to the very last line in the file and hitting backspace then saving.  You will need to start a new game but this should fix the issues you have been having.

Wow, that sounds like a very obscure error.  ???   Has this come up before, where and why?

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:40 PM »
Yeah, that would do it.  I'll post a composite .girlsx file for all the girls in that pack to replace the multitude of .girls files shipped with it.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »
As for the error being obscure, not really when dealing with files and c++ in general.

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 01:51:55 AM »
Maybe not obscure, but certainly easily avoidable.  I mean no disrespect, but this isn't the 60s and text processing isn't exactly rocket science anymore.