devolution

Author Topic: Equipping items  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Uriel

Equipping items
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:45 AM »
I think something's wrong with this in current version. For example i gave a girl a Royal gown and mistress boots. I equip gown, then boots, then discover that a gown has been unequipped. I equip it again and have boots unequipped. I checked the item files and found that gown is marked as dress and boots as shoes. So nothing seems wrong.
Also that's not only the problem. I gave her a leash(that's supposed to be a necklace type) and got boots unequipped.

Offline hewhoispale

Re: Equipping items
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »
There's a known bug in the current version that only allows you to equip one, maybe two, items on each girl regardless of the type. 'Misc' type items seem to work fine though.

Offline Uriel

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Yep, i think that's because they don't need to be equipped.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
As far as I've tested, the last version that didn't have this bug was 1.29.3.2, which you can get in this thread if it matters enough to you to give up the config file and whatever enhancements/bugfixes have been done since then.

Personally if I'm not testing anything and just playing for fun, I'm on 1.29.2.  :D It's kind of a pain, especially since it doesn't even support the xml files, but somehow this is the version whose behavior I'm most used to.

exodia91

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »
I'm at ver 3.5. Almost all the improvements, none of the annoying bugs

Offline LordShame

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
Wait, do you mean 1.29.3.5? Is there a link for that one on the forums? I tried all the versions I could find some time ago (specifically to see what was the latest version that didn't have the equipment bug) and I didn't even know that existed; maybe I'm just dense and outright missed it.

Plus, as far as I could find, the equip bug happened sometime between 1.29.3.2 (which doesn't have it) and 1.29.3.4 (which does have it), so if it's not in this 1.29.3.5 then my curiosity is piqued to say the least.

exodia91

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 03:47:02 PM »
it no longer exists on the forums... I just "forgot" to update to .6.