devolution

Author Topic: Load fail on consecutive days  (Read 8858 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Load fail on consecutive days
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
I can confirm your crash on next week.  Taking the guards off sabotage duty stops the crash from happening.  After some testing, I *think* the crash is happening when you have more guards sabotaging than are necessary to defeat all remaining rivals.  As an example:

Rival 1 has 5000g
Rival 2 has 4000g

Gang 1 steals 3000g from Rival 1
Gang 2 steals 2000g from Rival 1 - Rival 1 is defeated
Gang 3 steals 4000g from Rival 2 - Rival 2 is defeated
Gang 4 is on sabotage duty, but all rivals that were around at the start of the turn are defeated - crash

It is notable that the crash does not happen if there are no rivals at the start of the turn, regardless of how many gangs are on sabotage duty.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 04:34:25 AM »
So, just to summarise, we're losing the names of the brothels after a while?

That'll be a bugger to track down, but at least we know what to look for.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
Yes, we are losing the names of *some* of the brothels after some event occurs.  Usually it is the last brothel you own that gets borked.  I've seen cases where it affects the last two, but that could be a double dose of the problem (it borks the last brothel, then you buy another one and that one gets borked).

There's the second, separate issue of a crash when gangs are sabotaging.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Uriel

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »
More reports about the naming issue here. But i never had a crash in my game. Despite it was a very long one.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
actually to clarify, you get to keep the first name of your brothels, if you manually remane the next brothels you wil see all the names, THEN if you buy a new brothel and name it, you will overwrite the name of brothel number two instead of naming the latest bought brothel.'

example: brothel 1, brothel 2, brothel 3, brothel 4

you buy brothel 5 and now the line reads

brothel 1, brothel 5, brothel 3, brothel 4, <blank space>

is there a counter who says how many brothels you have and keeps track of which one you name?

are  there two different ways  of  naming brothels?
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline renzor

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »
Thanks alot for the help Zodiac, I did what you advised and the game continues normally now. That said I uasually keeps my gangs on sabotage mode regardless of who is in the city and i've pre-emptively kicked out 5-6 challengers that way so why it acts like this after awhile i dont know.