Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 153290 times)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »
I just had a quick look. The weekly report for the first girl in the list keeps saying that she finished the customers that like her despite the fact that afterward she works.
Last day example:
finished customers
met customer
finished
met
finished
met
met
report says she met 4 customers

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 03:58:34 PM »
it does crash with a clean copy as well.

Crashes during graphics initialisation from the look of it.

Code: [Select]
configration variables from '.\Resources\Data\config.xml'^M
calling init^M
Initializing Graphics^M
SDL_RWFromFile(): No file or no mode specified

That's the full file, right there. Googling doesn't help much.

Any other Vista users? With or without this problem?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 03:59:57 PM »
EDIT: Doc sort of beat me to it, but:
it does crash with a clean copy as well.
So the error you're getting in gamelog.txt is this:
Code: [Select]
SDL_RWFromFile(): No file or no mode specifiedI toyed around with removing necessary files on a clean copy myself, and was able to duplicate that error only in one particular instance: when I removed the \Resources\Interface\Font.txt file. Is that file intact on your copy?

I just had a quick look. The weekly report for the first girl in the list keeps saying that she finished the customers that like her despite the fact that afterward she works.
I noticed that myself, but haven't looked into it. It's one of the job-related issues which will need to be fixed.

EDIT: thinking about it, why is it even using Font.txt for anything now? It should be using whatever font is defined in config.xml instead. I'll see about fixing that.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:16:28 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 05:28:08 PM »
More fixes committed:
* girl images were being stretched to fit the area, losing aspect ratio (made image class default to maintaining aspect ratio)
* unique girls were incorrectly starting with 100% normal sex skill (stored in XML as "NormalSex", game was looking for "normalSex")
* some unique girls had odd starting "house percentage" values, such as 0 and 100; normalized to all starting at the default of 60

- also, Font.txt is no longer needed or checked; instead, font definition in config.xml is used for everything

I've gone ahead and released an update with all the fixes so far.

exodia91

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
font.txt is intact on my copy. Game still crashes even updated, trying an updated clean copy now, heres the info dump windows gives if it helps

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Whore Master.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    4be33243
  Fault Module Name:    SDL.dll
  Fault Module Version:    1.2.13.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4778182e
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00028ab6
  OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0211
  Additional Information 2:    04e1e558b6d8e874e7e0984368daaa7d
  Additional Information 3:    516a
  Additional Information 4:    64afe5328e4aa9df51fe01ff1e5db93e

Doesn't work on clean updated copy either. attached new gamelog

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
Hmm. When I was testing earlier, I did get a crash log with the same contents of your latest gamelog.txt if the \Resources\Images\ folder was moved or had files removed.
So, it seems like it's not able to properly locate files in \Resources\ for some reason on your system. As to why that might be, I admit I'm at a loss. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: out of curiosity, did you install it to a permission restrictive location like in you Program Files directory?

exodia91

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
Nope, I just threw it on my desktop.

wait.. old whoremaster doesn't work anymore either.. odd it used to work   perfectly. It must be a problem with my computer....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:07:59 PM by exodia91 »

Offline sgb

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
Great, I can finally add Charasmatic, Charming, and Dependent back onto my characters for fluff purposes!  Some more feedback for you:

-The new advertisting method is a bit flawed.  Before, you had a straight forward slider.  Pay more, get more.  Now you have to set someone to build up your advertising, which is fine.  However, you cannot decrease your advertising level anymore.  If you set a girl to advertising and forget about it for a while, you could end up paying 1000 gold a month for the rest of the game.  This could lead to problems early game if someone runs into financial trouble, as you cannot stop this investment.  Consider changing it back to a sliding bar, but with the maximum limit 'locked' until you've had someone run your advertising campaign to the needed level.

-You cannot transfer items directly from the store to a girl.  You have to give them to yourself, then move them to the girl.

-Not a bug, but a little guide as to what the new jobs (at least the ones that are working) are doing for you would help.  Cleaning and Advertising might be straightforward, but what does setting a girl to Matron duty or Security exactly do for me?  Would help testers know what to look for and help test/balance jobs that are considered 'completed'.

Otherwise this is great work from the devs!  My interest in this game has been totally renewed with 1.30.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 06:47:21 PM »
From what I've been seeing with security and matron, the security job allows you to hire a slave/non-slave girl to do the job that the gangs used to take up and the matron job allows you to use one of your non-slave girls to watch out for the other girls.  When choosing a girl for the matron job, I've always picked a girl with attributes that I would want a caretaker to have when watching over my girls and their health.  I love putting the warrior girls on security duty because they're usually packed with bouncer traits: tough, manly, merciless, aggressive, strong, etc.  I could be wrong, but so far I haven't had any trouble with the girls as security or as the matron.  Guessing security decreases chances of rape and matron is the same as before you could assign a non-slave to the job: watch the girls health and take them off duty when their health gets too low.  ;)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
-You cannot transfer items directly from the store to a girl.  You have to give them to yourself, then move them to the girl.
Confirmed, working on fixing it now.

exodia91

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
does this need like a specific .net framework version to run or something? the only thing I can think of that might have broken it for me is like I upgraded to a beta or uninstalled or something like that

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
does this need like a specific .net framework version to run or something? the only thing I can think of that might have broken it for me is like I upgraded to a beta or uninstalled or something like that

It could well be something like that, try these from the 1.29 release post:
If you get the error message "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Then you need to Download these files
If you have further problems starting then install these and these files

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
nope, there's no managed component at all

you might try re-running the VC redistributable installers linked from the "official" download thread. It's possible your C++ runtime got corrupted somehow

[edit]

What HE said...

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »
If you currently have negative money (In my case -10k or so  from advertising with my first few characters) you can hit deposit all in the bank giving you 0 money witch is kinda cool =p
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline sgb

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:25 PM »
If you currently have negative money (In my case -10k or so  from advertising with my first few characters) you can hit deposit all in the bank giving you 0 money witch is kinda cool =p
Not a bug, as this is apparently how it works with big businesses in the real world   :D