devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154417 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »
Just a quick question, because I keep seeing a common error appearing in the command line, but has anyone else been getting the "Error: line 0, col 0: Failed to open file...can't load .\Resources\Characters\(character's name here)\triggers.txt"? I always seem to get my game to crash because apparently I need triggers for certain girls or my game blows up and I have to hope I can get to the next week w/o it blowing up again.
That's normal. It checks every girl's folder to see if she has special triggers; only Cammy does at the moment. It would be better if it just quietly ignored the trigger file not being there, I suppose.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »
More changes committed to SVN.
Fixed:
* Script functionality was completely borked in several ways; all scripts are now working
* When sabotaging, if rival had no gangs it could cause a crash
* work report for brothel girls kept saying she "ran out of customers who like her"; disabled that erroneous message for now
* GetRandomShopItem could return out-of-bounds (+1 over) item num, leading to crash
* Girls were losing "Incest" and "Your Daughter" trait after a while, as they were incorrectly set as temporary
--  this fix courtesy of tlib, thanks!
* There were a few further trait handling problems, and "unknown" age girls could have their age messed up
--  these fixes courtesy of WonderDog, thanks!
* Random girl name generation could go out of bounds
* customer display in dungeon was slightly off
* a specific semi-random image on the release build would fail to load for a bizarre reason; fixed by commenting out a hopefully unnecessary extra bit of animated image sanity checking

Modified:
* job enjoyment text (shown in Girl Details by More button): fixed and added in support for showing enjoyment level for all current major task types, but "indifferent" ones are omitted
* when a girl captures beasts, it now indicates how many
* number of owned beasts is now shown on brothel screen
* rearranged job and job type lists on girl management screen a tad bit
* Girls with "Dependant" trait or "Mind Fucked" trait no longer have guaranteed -100 rebelliousness, it's now guaranteed -40 and -50 respectively
--  thanks to tlib for finding the root of this one

Since I just uploaded the r349 update, I'll repeat the earlier changes which show up in it:
Fixed:
* You could not generally transfer items directly from the store to a girl.
--    the item transferring code was a bit wonky and was separate for transferring either way; I consolidated and cleane up the code, fixing it in the process

New:
* Item lists on Item Management screen are now sorted alphabetically
* When viewing player or girl inventory item, it shows "Value: x  Sell For: y" instead of "Cost: x"
* Items listed on the item management screen now have differing font colors according to rarity. Items purchaseable in the shops are blue, the brighter the rarer. Green items are only found on the catacombs (dark green) or by scripts or objective rewards (a bit lighter green). "Common" items should be plain black, but there seems to be very little in that category currently. The rarity colors are configurable in config.xml.
Fixed:
* If you had negative money you could hit "deposit all" in the bank, which would reset you to 0 money
* Girls could be inseminated when using fake beasts
* Random girl traits were not properly applying skill changes... ex. pigtail girl started with lesbian trait, 0% lesbian skill
--  This fix was courtesy of WonderDog - thanks!
* Big Boobs and Abnormally Large Boobs weren't properly improving customer happiness
--  This fix also courtesy of WonderDog

The r349 update with the above changes is available here.

Offline sgb

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »
Very nice.  Tried out the Cammy script and it's working again.  Item colours and sorting are awesome.  And apparently I need to adjust my custom random girls now that traits are working right, as there's a lot of supermodels in the market now  :D .

But seriously, thanks for everyone's work as I'm sure you had more fun things to do than bugfix code on the weekend.

So apparently Depedent fixes rebeliousness at -40 regardless of other stats.  I can work with that, though removing the fixing completely and just having it give the +50 obedience makes sense too.  There's nothing wrong with doing it this way, I just don't like something completely overriding two stats unless it's more serious, like Mind Fucked and Broken Will (Unless I'm mistaken, obedience and spirit no longer matter for anything once one of these three traits are applied.  If they still influence other actions, then it's all good.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:52:08 PM by sgb »

Offline RyRain

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:31 AM »
I've run into something kind of odd. Whenever I start a new game and name my character, the dos prompt gives a message that it failed to load a bunch of the girl's script files. I'd think it's because none of the ones it tried to load HAVE any script files since I have allot of extras from the add-on packs, but should it be TRYING to load them?

Sample from the prompt:

Error: line 0, col 0: Failed to open file
can't load .\Resources\Characters\Masaki Ayeka Jurai\triggers.xml

Offline sgb

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2010, 11:50:46 AM »
Pretty sure it has to check each character file to see if the triggers.xml is there for any of them to work.  You can actually make a unique Meetgirl.script for every character using the script editor, it's just that there's so many characters at this point it would take many tedious hours for most people to do so.  I've played around and made a few using this version and they worked fine.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2010, 12:29:46 PM »

Quote   from: Nalkyr Maloth on May 08, 2010, 11:51:52 AM<blockquote>For me the game crashes when I quit, or   rather after the game window closes the debug window doesn't close and   crashes after a few seconds. It happened sometimes with 1.29 too.
</blockquote>Does it   consistently crash every time, or just occasionally?

It crashes every time, but I haven't tried version 349 yet

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
I've created an item in WM that tests the mind-fucked trait, but when I use it the girls suddenly become sterile.  I'll check my items file, but I didn't see anything in the item's effects line that should have caused this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:46:04 PM by FurryFanatic »

Offline jacq2e

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
I just dowloaded and played 1.3 349.

I found that when a girl trained in the morning and was working in the street during the night, she KEEP training during her night shift. But takes client if she work in the brothel. However, this bug seems to happen only for the first girl in the list and if you have 1 or 2 girls. With more girls, the bug seems to appear at random. The summary screen also seems to give the description of the day shift twice when the bug occurs.

-- After check-up : The first bug don't always happen, but the girl trains twice during the day shift.

When a girl is training alone, the summary is blank and don't say anything.

You can have a girl working in the gambling hall or bar even if you don't have one [probably just not implemented yet]

When you manage your brothel and prohibit certains job (beastiality), the girls keeps doing it.
That bug was already reported, just wanted to be sure that it was not forgotten.

From time to time, the game crash when getting a girl after taking a walk. (First action in the game, first girl. Haven't noted which one triggered the bug)

When restarting a new game, the picture of tha last selected girl appear in the girl management window.

Gambling Hall : What is the difference between a Whore working there and a whore in the brothel? What is the diffecence between the whore and the XXX Entertainer?

Bar : What is the difference with a girl whoring there, in the gambling hall or in the brothel? (Mainly, what advantages does it offer for the bar or the gambling hall.)

When whoring somewhere, the girls description shows what she does, not where. (Same in the summary)

Offline James

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2010, 08:36:31 PM »
not sure how exacly i made the bug, but i started a new game since i downlaoded a few packs, and when i made a new game, it carried over the number of beasts.

Offline sgb

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
Not really a bug, but more of an unwanted feautre; When you sell/fire a girl they can be acquired again on walks, even random ones. Generally speaking, if the player gets rid of girl like this they probably don't ever want them back. The only way to truely get rid of them is the kill them in the dungeon.  It would be nice if selling/firing deleted the girl, as once the player has businesses you get a stready steam of free random girls from deadbeat customers that you likely won't want after a certain point.  Searching the catacombs also gives you a lot of generally unwanted random monsters girls that I'd like removed from the game after selling.

-On a similar topic, now that scripts are working again the 'deadbeat customer' script seems to trigger a bit too often.  It's not at all unusual to see it every other week.
-If a girl dies in the dungeon, it 'kills' her twice.  Once on the day she dies, and again next week when she is removed.
-Odd bug in my game; all random girls are generating with all 30's in every stat (adjusted for trait bonuses).  Starting a new game is normal; not sure what went wrong. EDIT: Even stranger: if I load my game, quit to the main menu, then load it again things are back to normal. I can provide my save if you want to have a look at it, but I suspect something just went FUBAR with the save file.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:11:13 PM by sgb »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
I've thought of that before (someone else might have suggested this), but one option for getting rid of unwanted girls would be to sell them to foreign traders/merchants to take with them.

Offline morbriner

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2010, 10:48:27 PM »
May not be a bug but the girl working as matron still gives a percent of her 300 gold fee to you the house even though the house is paying her.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
I can get the game to crash every time if I send winclose signal (Alt-F4) click the X or use a script to sent the signal.  I get no exception if I close through the in game quit button.

The change in the jobs manager for whore work has stuffed up the working girls.  The old code generated all the customers in a linked list and each girl removed their  customers from list and rejected customers would be available to the next girl. I think that there was a small chance for a serviced customer to stay on the list and have another go.

The new code just seems to run off the number of customers and generate customers on the fly for the girls and counts the number of serviced customers and the number rejected customers.  The rejected customers are NOT available for any other girl.

That was also why there was so many rejected messages in the previous alpha build it was showing all the customers being added  to the customer count.

Great whores (lots of fetishes, 100% looks) will only reject 10% - 30% while poor girls will reject 90%

This means if there are a few low stat girl to working before a stunner she will probably get only 1 or 2 customers

To make a reasonable game I use the transfer screen to put my best girls who are my working girls at the top of the list as they will only reject 4 or 5 great girls and a few in training (earning exp.) will service all the customers world famous 20 girl brothel.

Is the street work worth it as I don't seem to get any more customers but its hard to tell with the randomness of customer generation.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:04:42 PM by WonderDog »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
I've created an item in WM that tests the mind-fucked trait, but when I use it the girls suddenly become sterile.  I'll check my items file, but I didn't see anything in the item's effects line that should have caused this.
It seems there are some remaining trait issues. WonderDog has sent me another patch which may take care of this. I haven't checked it yet.

I found that when a girl trained in the morning and was working in the street during the night, she KEEP training during her night shift. But takes client if she work in the brothel. However, this bug seems to happen only for the first girl in the list and if you have 1 or 2 girls. With more girls, the bug seems to appear at random. The summary screen also seems to give the description of the day shift twice when the bug occurs.
-- After check-up : The first bug don't always happen, but the girl trains twice during the day shift.

When a girl is training alone, the summary is blank and don't say anything.
  I'll try to check into this one.

You can have a girl working in the gambling hall or bar even if you don't have one [probably just not implemented yet]

Gambling Hall : What is the difference between a Whore working there and   a whore in the brothel? What is the diffecence between the whore and   the XXX Entertainer?

Bar : What is the difference with a girl whoring there, in the gambling   hall or in the brothel? (Mainly, what advantages does it offer for the   bar or the gambling hall.)

When you manage your brothel and prohibit certains job (beastiality),   the girls keeps doing it.
  That bug was already reported, just wanted to be sure that it was not   forgotten.

It is assumed currently that you just have the bar and gambling hall. It's planned to require you to buy certain rooms for those and other tasks once the building management aspect is fully implemented, but that's not in yet. Whoring is pretty much the same under any category, it's just listed for various categories (which will be restricted once room management is in).
The current actual difference in different whoring tasks is that any such task other than "whore in brothel" does not properly follow the sex type restrictions you have set. I think it's intention for whoring on the street, but not the others; I plan to take care of the others at some point.

From time to time, the game crash when getting a girl after taking a walk. (First action in the game, first girl. Haven't noted which one triggered the bug)
  If you have this happen again, please note exactly where it crashes and any other such details, and check the gamelog.txt.

When restarting a new game, the picture of tha last selected girl appear in the girl management window.
  I'll update it to have it clear that out each time.

When whoring somewhere, the girls description shows what she does, not where. (Same in the summary)
What do you mean, "where"? Like "on the street" vs. "in the brothel" or something?

-On a similar topic, now that scripts are working again the 'deadbeat customer' script seems to trigger a bit too often.  It's not at all unusual to see it every other week.
  How many girls do you have whoring? I haven't checked on this one, but I think it fully depends on that. With just a few girls whoring, I agree it shouldn't show up as often as once every other week.

-If a girl dies in the dungeon, it 'kills' her twice.  Once on the day she dies, and again next week when she is removed.
  I'll try to check on this one.

-Odd bug in my game; all random girls are generating with all 30's in every stat (adjusted for trait bonuses).  Starting a new game is normal; not sure what went wrong. EDIT: Even stranger: if I load my game, quit to the main menu, then load it again things are back to normal. I can provide my save if you want to have a look at it, but I suspect something just went FUBAR with the save file.
Already reported a couple of times, and I have it fixed as of yesterday. Haven't committed the code yet.

May not be a bug but the girl working as matron still gives a percent of her 300 gold fee to you the house even though the house is paying her.
Yeah, the way the matron and other jobs are paid and have you take your percentage does seem odd. I hadn't marked it down to look into though, so I'll add that to the list.

WonderDog: yeah, from the sound of it, the customer tracking could do with another overhaul. I've never even looked at it except in passing.
Last I saw, street work is indeed not worth it. I think it might even draw from the same customers for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 02:21:50 AM by Dagoth »

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2010, 04:37:29 AM »
Not sure if this just an error in my girls.girlsx file or not. Runs for a bit then crashes after hitting next week. Though oddly I can load the autosave game and continue until I hit next week. This is also with the r349 of the alpha...