devolution

Author Topic: Crash in launch try  (Read 9283 times)

Offline nsf001

• Anger is a Gif
Crash in launch try
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:23 AM »
Hello to all,

i must first say sorry for my bad english somtimes!  i have problem with the game when i try to start the game it will not work, it only crashes.  i tried the game with version 1.16 (i think) which i found and it did not work, so i came to the website for version 1.29.4.6 beta.  this also has the same problem, i try to open WhoreMaster.exe and it will not work.  i see a command window open and then a normal window open and it crashes.
i am using windows 7 ultimate 64bit (english).  i have full administrator unlocked onto my account and i have tried compatability modes for XP serivce pack 3.  i have also tried to run as administrator.

Anger is a Gif~

Offline Zeus

Re: Crash in launch try
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »

If  you get the error message "This application has failed to start because  the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may  fix this problem." Then you need to  Download  these files
If you have  further problems starting then install  these  and these  files

installled netframework 3.5 (i think that was the program you need...)?
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline nsf001

• Anger is a Gif
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
i did try install all of those and also .net framework 3.5 and it did not fix my problem.  i knew that i did already have them anyway because i am a programmer and i have full suite for C++ and C# and DirectX 9 libraries and XNA.  I have .net framework 4 also.

Anger is a Gif~

exodia91

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
Sounds like the exact same problem I have, does windows claim SDL.dll or SDL_tff.dll as the fault module in the debug info?

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
Well see... I'm running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit as well and I have no problems running either version.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline nsf001

• Anger is a Gif
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »
okay  well i must eat dinner but afterwards i will try debug and see the cause.  thankyou for the helping!

Anger is a Gif~

Offline nsf001

• Anger is a Gif
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »
here is debug information, you can see the stack is into SDL_ttf.dll library.  but i am not good at reading at this level of machine code sorry  :-[
did you have a solution exodia91  ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:42:25 PM by nsf001 »

Anger is a Gif~

exodia91

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »
No, unfortunately I have not discovered a fix to this yet, but we're getting the exact same error, and I used to be able to play it fine, so there is a solution. At least now I know the problem isn't isolated to vista... although functionally vista and 7 are almost identical...

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
If you've got VS2010 installed, you could download the source from SVN and run it in debug mode to pinpoint where in the code it's actually crashing.

Besides that, you might check the contents of the gamelog.txt just to see what it says; it sometimes will indicate specific problems.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
is there any solution out now? ^^ cause, i know a few people they had the same problem.
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

exodia91

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
This should have been fixed by one of the patches by now. If its the same error I had.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 07:12:03 PM »
its the same... and now we try to figured out if he downloaded the Main Pack (the first 1.30 Alpha...) nd not just the Updates XD

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »
For anyone still having it crash on launch, it might be helpful to have the output of gamelog.txt.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
Error: unable to open file '.\Resources\Data\RandomGirlNames.txt'
Error: unable to open file '.\Resources\Data\RivalGangLastNames.txt'
Error: unable to open file '.\Resources\Data\RivalGangFirstNames.txt'
Loading configration variables from '.\Resources\Data\config.xml'
can't load .\Resources\Data\config.xml
Error: line 0, col 0: Failed to open file
*** Game will run with default pricing factors.
*** This may seem a little easy. To fix this
*** get a config.xml file from pinkpetal.uni.me
calling init
Initializing Graphics
SDL_RWFromFile(): No file or no mode specified

here is the log, hope you can help.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 08:46:29 AM »
Forgive my asking the obvious question, but do the files in fact exist? Can you open them in notepad, if so?