devolution

Author Topic: Slaves vs. Free Girls  (Read 19394 times)

Offline 11Z11

Re: Slaves vs. Free Girls
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
That's the other thing, I am not making them do stuff they don't like,you don't want to whore?ok you are a singer etc. ,yet still they won't work....and with my negative gold i can't but them stuff
It is getting better though, more of them are working,and thanks to my lead girl i am almost out of th red

Offline adrian24

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:52 AM »
Here is idea: slave should be generally less rebellious than free girls, who should in turn be pain in the ass. Reduce percentage, they rebel significantly up (free girls), they refuse to work on lot more occasions. As to why not brand every girl a slave, answer is simple: put in taxes. Taxes for slaves: say for every 20 slaves town/courts or police take 1% of your earnings, this can go up to 90%. So you can have 1800 slaves, but you would get amount of money the same as if you have 180 slaves and don't pay taxes at all. My math could be wrong, but now it becomes arithmethical problem instead of existental one.

As for "free girls", those you capture (customers daugters) shouldn't be automatically branded as slaves, but as "working under contract" - they legally couldn't go free because of debt, but they would earn some percentage of the money (less than wandering free girls, but still significant and as far as refusals go they would still be as bad as free girls).

As for captured monster girls, there should be some similar catch as for customers daughters above.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:11:36 AM by adrian24 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »
Ah... we could have done with your input back before we decided to shut down active WM development.

Eminently sensible, and probably not going to happen, I'm afraid.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
Ah... we could have done with your input back before we decided to shut down active WM development.

Eminently sensible, and probably not going to happen, I'm afraid.

So that means 1.30 beta is last version of WM?!  ???

At least is there a way to make catacomb girls non-slaves from the start?

If there is just a few lines in code that needs to be changed for that could you write it down, so everybody could change it at his own volition?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »
So that means 1.30 beta is last version of WM?!  ???

More or less. There was quite a lot of controversy a little while back - the debates and polls are still on the forum. The upshot was that necno said he'd like game development halted, and at the end of the day, it's necno's project. I expect there'll still be bug fix releases, mods and the like, but there's no more major features planned outside the stuff we have half done already.

Personally, I'm planning to pick up where I left off in WM with a new project called CloneMaster. But I have some maintenance work to do on WM first.

At least is there a way to make catacomb girls non-slaves from the start?

If there is just a few lines in code that needs to be changed for that could you write it down, so everybody could change it at his own volition?

Should be possible to add a config option so that girls from the catacombs aren't auto-enslaved. I'll keep it in mind.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 01:43:03 PM »
This of course doesn't stop a Whoremaster 2 from coming out down the road. And clonemaster is looking to be a superb spiritual successor to Whoremaster.  ;D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline adrian24

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »

Should be possible to add a config option so that girls from the catacombs aren't auto-enslaved. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks. It would be nice if that option could be set pre-game for all girls except those in slave market.

Offline fixet

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 06:47:04 PM »
catacomb girls don't default to slaves, only the kidnapped/taken from family girls do that

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »
Most of my kidnapped girls are free. Then again I'm on 1.30 which allows kidnapping of uniques. And it's  50/50ish on slave vs free if I grab a customers family for non payment. These all go in the Dungeon though.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline adrian24

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 07:30:50 PM »
catacomb girls don't default to slaves, only the kidnapped/taken from family girls do that

It's much more fun to brand the kidnapped/taken from family girls after they spent a lot of quality time in your dungeon than get them already branded.

It's funny though. You can automatically brand girls before they get in your dungeon, but if you try after they might escape...

Offline sgb

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:25 PM »
Actually, you could always kidnap free girls IFAIK.  In 1.30, the gangs will sometimes persuade them instead of kidnap them which results in their starting rebeliousness being the same as if you met them on a walk.  Once you have a gang with near-max stats, this method is actually preferable to walks unless you jacked up the walk encounter%.