Author Topic: Love increases from gifts  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Love increases from gifts
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
Well, anything with a badness of 20 or higher is automatically disliked by the girl, and the happiness amount formula isn't run in that case. In fact, it just gives the item to her and equips it if it's equippable, and tells you she didn't appreciate it. It doesn't even actually reduce her happiness or love or anything like that. It would probably be better to have it do so if the item is bad enough to warrant it, and maybe add in a possibility for her to refuse it (based on slave/non-slave status, aggressive traits, etc.).

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »
would something with 19 points in badness give 5% of what it would if it had 0 points is what i meant or would it give more than because of a compound decrease.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
Ahhmm... Point taken, didn't know how refuse mechanics worked.

What about results for badness zero ('C' column)? You have to give a girl three 'superb' 10 000 gifts if you want to gain her heart. (well, maybe if you buy her a car... or three) or +30 of the 'cheaper' 1000 gifts (lots of fancy clothes, nice shoes, jewelry...). Obviously, it's better to give +love items (diamond ring's time) or just chat with her -show her you care, call me old fashioned. I think that could be the idea.

On the other hand, linking refuse / badness reactions to girls traits sounds good to me. Iron will, fearless, agressive and such are cannon fodder for 'gift saturation bombing' wich raises love easily (that was the problem, right?). And it just can't be the same giving gifts to free girls (they would likely think you really mean it) than giving gifts to slave ones ('don't give me more things, I want freedom') The question is: it would be a relatively easy thing to implement or will give lots of headaches to devs?

Offline Ravensdark

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 05:55:52 AM »
The main problem that I see is that currently if you get yourself a high value low badness item and then buy yourself some 25g cheap perfume then you can give the high value item to her then take it right back and then give it again and take it back.  This will max her love and 0 her happiness but then you just do the same thing with the 25g cheap perfume and you can max obedience and happiness and end up having her with maxed love obedience and happiness and no items.  I do not mind the current item value verses love system and obedience as well but there needs essentially be an undo type relationship for giving and taking.

I would recommend having a floating effect for happiness for gifts so that if you accidentally give an item that you did not want to give then you can take it back without penalty.  I know that most of the stats have a floating effect where they end up being over 100 or under 0 they only read between 0-100 but their actual values can be in a much broader range.  My suggestion would be to add that effect to happiness but then have it cut off any extra when the turn is advanced.  So if you had 150 happiness you would only get the benefit of 100 but you could take away a 50 happiness item without going down to 50.  But then all of the effects from the turn effect from the 100 happiness point.  Of course this should only be implemented if you fix the problem of having items that you give to a girl and then take them away leaving their love and obedience behind.

Offline sgb

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 10:40:14 PM »
I never tried that, but if love is not being removed by taking away an item you should probably mention that in the bug thread so the devs are more likely to see it.