devolution

Author Topic: GD Document?  (Read 2679 times)

Offline fraxtion

GD Document?
« on: July 10, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
Do you guys have Game Design or Development doc for this game?
I think I could have helped with balancing Economy Model and Customers Model... 

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: GD Document?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
None that I know of.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »
Yeah, it's all a bit ad hoc, unfortunately

I'm trying to build some sort of developer documentation on my wave if you want to look at that. Failing that, the source code is the major source of info.

You can adjust relative prices in the config file as well

Offline fraxtion

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:48:31 PM »
I'm trying to build some sort of developer documentation on my wave if you want to look at that. Failing that, the source code is the major source of info.
I'm more in literature and scenario analysis. Since my Eng is no good, and I'm not programmer at all, the only help I can do is just quality GD doc analysis.
But.. how you guys cooperate your works, if you don't have common plan? Dozens of random users su[gg]estions should be hell to realize...

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:15:34 AM »
I'm more in literature and scenario analysis. Since my Eng is no good, and I'm not programmer at all, the only help I can do is just quality GD doc analysis.
But.. how you guys cooperate your works, if you don't have common plan? Dozens of random users su[gg]estions should be hell to realize...

It's the classic open source thing of scratching an itch, really. There's a bug database on the server that has some enhancements listed, and I've got my own rough todo list, but apart from that we just try and make sure we're not working at cross purposes. You can get away with that approach for small projects. It does make it hard to do any sort of design review, though...