devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29  (Read 50272 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Bugs 1.29
« on: October 28, 2009, 01:48:48 AM »
Let's get this party started...

Not necessarily a bug, but some of effects of the new rebellion ratings are a little surprising.  Like refusing to have sex at -30 and fighting to 10% health when she was sent to the dungeon for a refresher course.

Also 20 weeks seems a little long for a pregnancy cool-off period. Speaking as one of the players who likes to keep 'em knocked up, anyway. Is there any way we can tell when a girl is fertile? I can see me wasting a lot of time trying to impregnate girls during cool-off time otherwise.

Just had a weird one: I shifted focus to firefox to make the last report, and when I went back to WM the game wouldn't take keyboard input. So I saved and reloaded and the game took a long time to load and when it did, only one of the four girls in the bothel had a name or a picture.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:56:29 AM by DocClox »

Offline letmein

Re: Bugs 1.29
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
Yeah, Doc, I already commented on the longish preg cooldown.

Here's a bug:  the income reported in the shift summary is always zero.

Here's another:  girl got pregnant from player while on anti-preg.  It happened to be on the very first sex act - not sure if that's just random luck, or not.  EDIT - yeah, happens every time on the first try.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:14:57 AM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:48 AM »
must have missed that.

Here's one: just had a girl beaten and raped before her shift started. Not impossible, I guess, but more likely a bug.

Last couple of updates have seen a lot of rapes, and that despite having guards. is this intentional?

Offline letmein

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:27 AM »
Yeah, girls get pregnant without fail on a player ASKing for SEX.

Repeated with forcing, and with insemenation.  It seems that the player interactions are still bugged somewhere.

EDIT EDIT EDIT ...   just noticed, what's happening *isn't* that they're getting pregnant, the screen is just popping up every time.  My bad.

EDIT once more - see, now I just don't understand.  One girl stopped getting the pregnant screen, then started getting it again...  I'm just confused entirely, now.

EDIT:  all right, so if you take off the anti-preg, then the pregnant screen won't show up every time.

Also, a girl was listed as getting pregnant in the summary, but the detail screen said it was insemenation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:26:50 AM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 02:22:44 AM »
So I just found Akizuki Ritsuko wandering through town. I recruited her and she was sent to the brothel. I like my girls as slaves, so I sent her to the dungeon so I could brand her. At which point she murdered all 15 of my guard unit and ran off into the wilderness.

Akizuki Ritsuko? That can't be right. What's going to happen when I get one of the more aggressive girls?

[edit]

A girl on rebel -50 just refused to have sex. I didn't want to send her to the dungeon so I just shouted at her, and she burst into tears. and got more rebellious. May not be a bug, but it's a little unexpected.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:28:13 AM by DocClox »

Offline letmein

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 02:37:51 AM »
This may not be a bug, and I have no idea how long it's been like this, but in the gamelog when you're loading a game it shows that every girl you owned is loaded *twice*.   It's probably nothing more than a printing error, but...

And now I'll leave Doc to bughunting.  I'ma going to sleepz...  stupid necno and his releasing new versions right before I want to go to bed...   :p
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:39:26 AM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 02:38:56 AM »
If you impregnate one of your girls, save the game and reload later, the names of all the girls except the first in the brothel are lost.  I'd post the broken save files, but it seems attachments are disabled.  I can send the contents in a PM if you want, necno.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 02:44:49 AM »
@Doc:  I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, actually.  If I remember correctly, rebellion is a function of three variables:  love, hate, and fear.  A girl can be maxed on hate and fear - and thus, really low in rebellion - but not like the player enough to acquiese to have sex with him.  Try CHATing with the girl in question and seeing what she thinks about the player.

Oddly enough, a girl will have sex with the player if they're "friends"; in my experience so far, it takes much less (if anything) to get a blowjob of either variety.  I'm not sure if deepthroat should really be more "agreeable" than simple, straight sex...

And now I'm *really* going to bed.

Good catch on that, zodiac.  I think I ran into that, but got too lazy to let the game slowly open the corrupt save and jsut restarted instead.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 02:47:50 AM »
And now I'll leave Doc to bughunting.  I'ma going to sleepz...  stupid necno and his releasing new versions right before I want to go to bed...   :p

heh. I'm up in the middle of the night ... and probably not going back to bed, now...

I just branded Jessica Albert, rebel 25. I was braced for blood and carnage, but she submitted meekly. May not be a bug, of course. [ but then she refused to work, damn near killed herself on the way to dungeon, got more rebellious with every torture and rape, and eventually died resisting rape. ]

I think the colours may be back to front on the turn summary. "Refused to work" is red, "girl needs rest badly" is blue. "beaten and raped" is red still. mmm... "refused to work" is red on the item list and blue on the event list. Maybe that's what's confusing me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:06:41 AM by DocClox »

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »
Yes another bug fix version will probably be released by Friday. As for rebel girls, well a part of the new simulation is there is always a small chance a girl won't listen to you (unless rebel <= -90). When i say small i mean at -50 it is around 8% chance.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 03:26:17 AM »
That's cool. Otherwise I'm going to have to start getting the little girls to do guard duty and pimping out the goons... :)

Just got a girl training hard with four other girls when she was the only one on training.

The "she puts up a fight but you take her gold anyway" case is still bugged. She puts up a fight but keeps the damn gold. In this case it's Amami Haruka though, although given the way she dispatched my Goon Squad earlier, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:47:25 AM by DocClox »

Offline Strathe

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 03:46:20 AM »
Is anyone else unable to load any games? When I load a game that's has ~8 weeks of playtime WHM just freezes. If I check the task manager while I try to load the game Whore Master.exe memory usage quickly maxes my available ram then declines and I eventually get the following message.

"The application had requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Offline TF

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »
Found using 1.28 but I didn't find anything about incorporeal girls having an average pay of 0 across the board in any of the recent bug threads, so I figured it was probably still there.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »
I'm having problems with save games as well.

Asking how they feel about life still seems to raise rebellion.

It's getting so I feel grateful whenever one of my slavegirls decides to work a shift. Certainly it's going to be a lot harder to get everyone broken in. Although that may be a good thing. Although at some point, you probably want to think about allowing the player to set a difficulty factor.  Settings that challenge the board's regulars are going to be very hard indeed for someone new to the game.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:00:59 AM by DocClox »

Offline Strathe

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 04:09:17 AM »
Ok, after a bit more testing, I have found that after you get a girl pregnant, save games will not load. I've have tried this with a few games now and it can be reproduced 100% of the time. Can anyone else see the same thing?