Author Topic: Bugs 1.29  (Read 50626 times)

Offline Alugere

Re: Bugs 1.29
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 01:59:46 AM »
Yeah, I recently got someone who gained the mind-fucked trait naturally and now have a rebilliousness of -100 and she hasn't worked a single week for the past few months.

Also, it seems that, despite my four fully trained and fully armed guard gangs, almost no customer who tries to assault and rape the girls gets stopped.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2009, 05:42:18 AM »
This is a minor one. If you knock a girl up in the dungeon, wait a few weeks, and then release her into the brothel, the turn summary immediately shouts "DANGER: She has gotten pregnant!"

It's not a problem once you realise what's going on, just a little unexpected.

Here's another one: I can sell dead girls. Not sure how much I get for them...

Just an observation: if I try and take a girls money, she often fights. If I rape her first, and then take her loot immediately after, she never seems to fight. Fuck 'em THEN rob 'em, it seems.

[edit]

That last one may have been wishful thinking on my part.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 03:58:59 AM by DocClox »

Offline Count Zero

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »
Got some strang describtions in the Turn summary screen.
The describtions the game gives for working girls are a little bugged.

For example got just now this:
"Mariko managed to keep the group of customer fucking her satisfied but only enjoyed it a little.
The customers didn't enjoy it.
She enjoyed it alot and wanted more."

or another example:
" She was disgusted by the idea...
She enjoyed it alot and wanted more."

Even if you correct the bug, the sentence about how she likes it is a little redundant. In all cases i have seen so far, the first sentence in the describtion is already mentioning her feelings.

Edit: I saw right now the sentence is already gone in most cases, but sometimes it is still there and in my case everytime it is saying the girl enjoyed it alot and wanted more.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:26:14 AM by Count Zero »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2009, 07:23:15 AM »
The second one could actually work, in an icky sort of way: she was disgusted by the idea, but got turned as she did it.

Offline Count Zero

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 07:28:53 AM »
Yes, but i guess it wasn't planned that way. I don't believe the girls are programmed to have prejudices.^^

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 11:39:55 AM »
This is the single largest bug topic to date =o
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Rose

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »
Yeah, 1.29 is pretty bug-heavy compared to other versions. Probably because a lot of stuff is in the process of being changed.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
Hi, new user.

I wrote a long post but it was eaten by the internet. :(
Love the game, here are some thoughts.

I prefer the behavior in 1.29 to .28. Its more exciting, but a little erratic.
Most stats are meaningless when it comes to affecting game play. Tired and happy are the only truly important stats, which makes the game a bit bland. Stats and traits should enhance game play or be removed. Example: My lesbian girl bangs guys all the time. Even if she doesn't like it, who cares? She still does it so its not really that important. These traits should have noticeable gameplay consequences. Right now they just feel like filler.

When girls refuse to work I'd love to know why. If its not only a product of rebelliousness the girl should tell us what the problem is, either right then and there ("I'm not that type of girl!" -rebellious + low skills "I don't want to work for an ass like you." -rebellious+hate "I'm too tired to work today" -rebellious + tired "Are you fucking Hitomi! I thought you loved me!" -rebellious + jealousy) or as a talk option after the shift such as, CHAT - "Why didn't you show up to work?"  Chat can have other uses such as asking the girl what her problems are. CHAT- "Is something bothering you?"
"Nothing...I just want to be alone..." (depressed)
"What do you care?" (neglected)
"Hee Hee! I can see the whole universe being born...its like a symphony of fire... (fairy dust addiction)
"Fuck you." (Rebellious + hate)

I think just little things like this, using the voice of the character whether sexy, timid, etc., would do a ton for immersion and turn it more into a simulation than a mangement exercise.
I'd really like to get to know my girls better, and while they have many "traits" that define them, the only thing that feels different about them are the pics.

1.29 adds more intersting behavior for the girls, and although its a little unpredictable, one of my girls actually developed "character" during the course of gameplay, as she forced me to imprison her a few times, becoming the story of the "problem" slave.  At least it was interesting! "You refuse to work again Hitomi! Remember what happened last time!?"

Some more observations:

Girls never get to EXP lvl 1? I have a few girls with 200+xp and still level 1. Is there a point to levels? If so it doesnt emerge in the gameplay, which makes it pointless.

How do I win? It should be made more clear. I need a list of my rivals and the size of their territory and their actions in a summary. IF it is truly importatnt to gameplay. (Which it should be since its the goal of the game.)

If a stat doesnt have a use that enhances or at least influences gameplay, remove it. Its pointless that my girl has a nice arse if I can't tell how that helps or hinders me. Make it important that my girl has a nice arse. (BECAUSE NICE ARSES ARE IMPORTANT!!!) :D

Does gambling work? I never make any money with it. Good idea but at the moment not fleshed out enough.

How does fame work? Is there a benefit to fame? Disadvantages? It has no effect on gameplay. How do you get it?

Accommodations are not mentioned in the manual and I have no idea what they do or how they affect game play.

We need a detailed stat screen for the girls. I read that "looks" are a factor of several other stats like charisma. They are hidden? I don't get it. Ugly girls are not noticibly different from gorgeous ones from a gameplay perspective, when in reality it should make a huge difference in a whorehouse.

I need a place to put my personal harem of girls. Some girls I dont want to be whores, I want them to be my wives. When I impregnate a girl IU usually take her off work the whole term. It would be nice for her not to take up space in my brothel. Maybe as a treat you could move some girls to the players residence. Which we need!

It would be nice to have some pics for gang activites. Instead of "Training" or "Guarding" written in text, maybe text and a picture? Like some anime dudes gun fighting or something? Or kidnapping a girl? Just some flavor.

Music and sfx? Maybe not needed.

EDIT: I knew I'd forget something...
It would be really nice if we could set the fee the customer has to pay. 30 for sex, 50 for anal, 80 for SM, 150 for beast etc. I think it would make gameplay more interesting and give us more of a hand in the fiscal management of the brothel.

Also, 1.29 is unplayable because of the 2nd brothel bug. Which sucks because I want to play! I was hoping I could get 1.28 off the site but no link! Perhaps you could host the last "playable" version in addition to the new update so we can still play if something is fubar (1.29 *cough*).

Sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, buit I wrote a post about as long as this one before and the internet ate it. Take it as a compliment that I spent antother 30 minutes writing another post. :)

I really like the game, I've played it for maybe 10-15 hours already and its a lot of fun, but I think it could be excellent with a little more polish. If you have the capacity to delegate, I have the capacity to work on your project if you want. I can't code...yeah I know, big help, but I can write dialogue and gameplay messages that will be clear and imformative. The intro needs some work, as a sample I can rewrite that and send it to you to see what you think. I know another poster on this bored mentioned something to the same affect, maybe we can collaborate and run it past you.

Thanks for making a great game! Its a lot of fun! And hurry up with 1.29 hotfix! I want to play!  :'(
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 02:34:06 AM by Jacko »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2009, 04:47:39 AM »
Good cream of healing is overpriced. Shitty and Alright cream costs 10gp/health point.  Good cream costs 15/health. Unless there are any undocumented benefits, I'd expect a discount for buying in quantity, not to pay more per unit

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
Also, 1.29 is unplayable because of the 2nd brothel bug. Which sucks because I want to play! I was hoping I could get 1.28 off the site but no link! Perhaps you could host the last "playable" version in addition to the new update so we can still play if something is fubar (1.29 *cough*).

You can play quite well without the second brothel since necno added the ability to expand your buildings.  Just buy more rooms for your brothel and put some girls on duty in the bar (with fully trained girls, I find putting about 1/3 of my girls in the bar increases my customer count sufficiently so the rest can be on brothel duty).  As near as I can tell, there is no limit to the number of rooms one brothel can have, so you can keep adding girls until you break the game.

Speaking of putting girls on bar duty, I noticed some of them (usually around half in any given shift) end up having sex with customers, though they don't service as many as girls on brothel duty.  Is this normal/expected, or is it a bug?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

exodia91

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2009, 02:56:35 PM »
I prefer the behavior in 1.29 to .28. Its more exciting, but a little erratic.
Most stats are meaningless when it comes to affecting game play. Tired and happy are the only truly important stats, which makes the game a bit bland. Stats and traits should enhance game play or be removed. Example: My lesbian girl bangs guys all the time. Even if she doesn't like it, who cares? She still does it so its not really that important. These traits should have noticeable gameplay consequences. Right now they just feel like filler.

When girls refuse to work I'd love to know why. If its not only a product of rebelliousness the girl should tell us what the problem is, either right then and there ("I'm not that type of girl!" -rebellious + low skills "I don't want to work for an ass like you." -rebellious+hate "I'm too tired to work today" -rebellious + tired "Are you fucking Hitomi! I thought you loved me!" -rebellious + jealousy) or as a talk option after the shift such as, CHAT - "Why didn't you show up to work?"  Chat can have other uses such as asking the girl what her problems are. CHAT- "Is something bothering you?"
"Nothing...I just want to be alone..." (depressed)
"What do you care?" (neglected)
"Hee Hee! I can see the whole universe being born...its like a symphony of fire... (fairy dust addiction)
"Fuck you." (Rebellious + hate)

I think just little things like this, using the voice of the character whether sexy, timid, etc., would do a ton for immersion and turn it more into a simulation than a mangement exercise.
I'd really like to get to know my girls better, and while they have many "traits" that define them, the only thing that feels different about them are the pics.

1.29 adds more intersting behavior for the girls, and although its a little unpredictable, one of my girls actually developed "character" during the course of gameplay, as she forced me to imprison her a few times, becoming the story of the "problem" slave.  At least it was interesting! "You refuse to work again Hitomi! Remember what happened last time!?"

Some more observations:

Girls never get to EXP lvl 1? I have a few girls with 200+xp and still level 1. Is there a point to levels? If so it doesnt emerge in the gameplay, which makes it pointless.

How do I win? It should be made more clear. I need a list of my rivals and the size of their territory and their actions in a summary. IF it is truly importatnt to gameplay. (Which it should be since its the goal of the game.)

If a stat doesnt have a use that enhances or at least influences gameplay, remove it. Its pointless that my girl has a nice arse if I can't tell how that helps or hinders me. Make it important that my girl has a nice arse. (BECAUSE NICE ARSES ARE IMPORTANT!!!) :D

Does gambling work? I never make any money with it. Good idea but at the moment not fleshed out enough.

How does fame work? Is there a benefit to fame? Disadvantages? It has no effect on gameplay. How do you get it?

Accommodations are not mentioned in the manual and I have no idea what they do or how they affect game play.

We need a detailed stat screen for the girls. I read that "looks" are a factor of several other stats like charisma. They are hidden? I don't get it. Ugly girls are not noticibly different from gorgeous ones from a gameplay perspective, when in reality it should make a huge difference in a whorehouse.

I need a place to put my personal harem of girls. Some girls I dont want to be whores, I want them to be my wives. When I impregnate a girl IU usually take her off work the whole term. It would be nice for her not to take up space in my brothel. Maybe as a treat you could move some girls to the players residence. Which we need!

It would be nice to have some pics for gang activites. Instead of "Training" or "Guarding" written in text, maybe text and a picture? Like some anime dudes gun fighting or something? Or kidnapping a girl? Just some flavor.

Music and sfx? Maybe not needed.

EDIT: I knew I'd forget something...
It would be really nice if we could set the fee the customer has to pay. 30 for sex, 50 for anal, 80 for SM, 150 for beast etc. I think it would make gameplay more interesting and give us more of a hand in the fiscal management of the brothel.

If you had looked around a bit more, you would have found out quite a few things. You want to set the price customers have to pay for each girl? with full brothels that can get to 50+ girls, all with different stats and traits and skill levels which constantly changes the price customers would pay. It would add a HORRIBLE amount of micromanagement.

Music and sound effects in a sim like this are just obnoxious, see Slavemaker.

Pics for gangs are fluff, and probably hard to find.

Having your own house you can put girls in is ALREADY A PLANNED FEATURE. It's on the to be added list I believe. I suggest looking at it before suggesting any additions.

And a whether a girl is ugly or gorgeous DOES affect her price GREATLY, although this can be overcome with difficulty with a high charisma and traits and training/levels. You're not supposed to be able to see all the stats, because, can YOU tell all of a girls strengths and weaknesses and attributes just by looking at her?

Go look up accommodations in the dictionary, that's pretty much what they are, the higher its set the more expensive it is, but the happier girls are.

Fame isn't really implemented yet, but it is going to affect how many customers come in, and stuff like that.

gambling is sorta... useless at the moment...

Notice how when you highlight the nice arse trait, next to it it says (+fetish)? thats what it does, customers who have a fetish for nice asses, will come to this girl. And who cares if a trait doesn't have a huge affect on gameplay? you're the one who says you want more girl development, traits do this to a small degree, you can even make your own traits. (although they won't have any gameplay affect at all) Traits are mainly there to dictate which types of customers will bang her. Or affecting stats slightly. if it weren't for traits, customers would just bang anything, and you could fill brothel with cookie cutter girls that are all the same, with the only differeance being their pictures.

Go to the town hall, there you see a List of gangs and their general influence in the city. And it says in the intro you have to defeat them.

Girls exp is stil WIP, in .29 its bugged.

Girls behavior is currently being expanded, and there are going to be custom events and scripting for unique girls.

Next time you spend an hour writing posts, you should probably look around more and remember that the game is a BETA, oh and instead of just saying traits don't affect anything and should be removed, make an actual suggestion on how to improve them.

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2009, 03:01:21 PM »
Normal.  But at the bar they may only have one customer.  This is understandably easier on the girls and allows for more girls to see customers.(There's only so many, after all).

My issue is one that I believe has been present for some time.  Fame and Customer Happiness are completely broken.  Either it never moves or increases at random.  Given these are meant to control how manyh customers you get, you can see the problem.

Offline jason2003

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
hello together

I always get the error message

Visual C + + runtime liberity
 abnormally terminatet

Offline letmein

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
You need some extra programming-type stuff.  There should be a link on the main download - just DL the extra stuff, and it should work.
Still lurking.

Offline jason2003

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2009, 08:06:55 PM »
I would like to thank testing times