devolution

Author Topic: BUGS  (Read 13683 times)

Offline letmein

BUGS
« on: October 14, 2009, 01:55:33 AM »
CURRENT VERSION:  1.26

Nothing in specific to report, but I figured I might try to keep a slightly coherent general bug thread - as often as possible/reasonable, I'll edit this post with reported bugs and cross them off as they're fixed.  I realize necno tries to list these as they come, but a second person keeping track can't hurt, and maybe this will help with people reporting the same three bugs over and over.

KNOWN BUGS:
[from other forum thread]

Icons on map don't enlarge properly.

All Relaxers cost the same with autopricing.

Girls buy items weirdly - multiple Combs, other odd combos.

Inseminated timer and PC pregnancy timers are still at 80 days.

Girls don't equip misc items they buy, but equip misc items when gifted.

Beaten rival crash; can happen randomly, also happens with multiple events.

Minus income crash (from errant variable), suspected cause from dungeon girls.

Torture tag doesn't stay on game reload - EXPLOIT.

Crash branding merciless girls.

Small chance of crash when accessing market, even with properly formatted girls.

Girls can get pregnant twice, with PC and other (related to errant pregnancy timer).

Crash from taking Hairbrush when girl owns Gold and regular versions.

Girls don't auto-equip Armor, Armbands.

The matron STILL doesn't put girls back to work.

Born daughters can inherit MILF trait.

Born daughters occasionally have odd ages - most are 18, some are as high as 25.

Girls born on the same day are the same random type, and have the same name.

Report of a girl at 1% health, with Chlamydia, not dying until sent to dungeon with no food.

Popularity is buggy.

Reported bug from beauty-given items - the looks aren't removed when the item is, and can be readded - EXPLOIT.

Dead girls can be interacted with.

Girls attacked by gangs are taken off work, and don't get reset.  MAYBE INTENTIONAL?

Income from groups may not be increasing as intended.

Gambling system seems buggy - some values seem not to be allowed, others seem to result in rapid money gain.

On restart, many aspects of the game are reset - the item market, the slave market, town girls, perhaps others - EXPLOIT.

MORE TO BE ADDED AS THREAD GROWS.

You'll note I haven't added in a couple bugs that weren't explicitly mentioned in the old Bugs thread.  That's mostly because I'm lazy.  If they really bother you, add them here, and then I'll add them here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:07:02 PM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline Alienhand

• Beware....
Re: BUGS
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 04:32:38 AM »
Something I figured out is, if you let your girls work day and night inside the borthel its all fine (of course as long as you can keep them happy and alive), but if you let your girls work inside the borthel at day and on the streets at night or something different like this, after a few days they always change automaticaly to freetime, no matter if their stats are still perfect of not.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 07:48:53 AM »
I don't know if it's a bug or nor, but it's a long time since I had a girl run away.

Maybe I'm just getting better at managing them...

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 09:27:10 AM »
I think the code that boosts the price for groups is still buggy, sometimes I get groups at the normal price and sometimes at the increased price. I've also noticed that in a shift with an under-billed group session there was a monsters and animals session with an increased price.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:36 AM »
Something I figured out is, if you let your girls work day and night inside the borthel its all fine (of course as long as you can keep them happy and alive), but if you let your girls work inside the borthel at day and on the streets at night or something different like this, after a few days they always change automaticaly to freetime, no matter if their stats are still perfect of not.

Once in a while girls working the street are attacked by a rival gang, so they reset to free time but don't immediately go back.  I guess the way it's coded it pulls them from both jobs even if the other isn't the streets.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »
The Image co-ordinates in the GirlManagement interface file don't seem to be honoured.

It looks as though the image is hardcoded relative to the window origin.

Offline sammeh

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
I cant even start a new game, I input a name, hit start and it just freezes up.
Using all the EE packs and fixes, all Megapacks and fixes, the "special" item pack, the "girls" pack and the "girlsaddon1" pack.

Offline letmein

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »
I think I can help you with that:  you have a corrupt file somewhere, and I bet it's with your items.   If it was a girl pack, you would still be able to boot.  Check the "gamelog.txt" file, and see what the last line says.  It will probably be something like "Loading items from [file]".  Find that file, and delete it (or, actually, move it to test it first).  Then you should be fine.

Now, if your "gamelog.txt." file says "Initializing Graphics", then it's a game issue.  you may be missing some essential files to run the game - there is a download available in the master download thread.  Try that.  If it still doesn't work out for you, come back, start a new thread, and whine as loudly as possible... someone will eventually come up with a fix, if only to stop your complaints.  ;)

And... I suppose I should be complete... just how long are you waiting before calling it a "crash"?  Wait at least two minutes, and maybe even five, before calling it quits...  and make sure to try it at least twice.
Still lurking.

Offline sammeh

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:42 PM »
Got it, thanks.
Seems the special pack was doing something.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:15:52 PM by sammeh »

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
Astaroth, whom I believe is a core girl, seems to have a default house percentage of 0%. Which might explain the weird money errors that she caused before.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »
Astaroth, whom I believe is a core girl, seems to have a default house percentage of 0%. Which might explain the weird money errors that she caused before.

I think all catacomb (or maybe just monster girls from catacombs) start with 0% house percentage
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Rose

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »
Two things that seem to crash my game: Sometimes when I go to the slave market, the game crashes (sometimes at once, sometimes when I select a slave), and some of the time my game crashes on "next day" when I have a team in the catacombs. Once when the game crashed in the slave market, I managed to see the girls traits (though the picture never loaded) before the game crashed. She had one standard trait I can't remember, the "demon" trait and two traits that displayed as a string of random symbols. My guess is that these two game crashes are related to eachoter and caused by some error with either a custom demon girl or one of the random demon templates.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 08:11:48 PM »
I'm having issues with the gambling hall:

1) I can't set the pool to 0 to draw funds from/deposit proceeds in my cash
2) with chance <=50, the pool grows to 10,000 and stops there
3) setting the pool at 1 and the chance at 50, within a week the pool reaches 10,000 (which seems odd, not sure if it's a bug or not)
4) I once set the chance at 51 with a pool of 10,000 and went to -68,000 the next day (where it stayed until I payed it back).  Until I payed it back, I would randomly lose when going to the next day, even if my net cash - gambling debt was less than 5,000.

On a separate issue, I think I have a corrupted save file.  The game crashed on me after I purchased and upgraded the final brothel (saved after upgrades).  I reloaded the save game, and on the town screen, when clicking on the brothel, I was again asked if I wanted to buy it.  Running on the assumption that I hadn't saved the game when I thought I did, I purchased the brothel, only to see it and several prior brothels disappear from the town screen.  It turns out I still owned them, and apparently can use them just fine, though the game crashes quite frequently now when I advance to the next day.

I'd attach the save file, but it's 9+ MB, and the forum won't let me.

edit: I just tried to save, and the game froze.  Rechecked the save file and it had ballooned to 36 MB - something definitely wrong there.  I tried loading it, and it worked, but the game froze on advancing to the next day.

edit 2: I opened the save file in a text editor (not recommended - it takes a frikken long time), and found that the "normal" part of the save file ends with:

The King's Harem
5 1 0 1 12 1 5 1 498 0 0 50 0 0 1070
0 0 0 0 12 0 6 0 0 0 0 50 0 0 0
0 0 4 9 0 27 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
232 232

232 232

The "232" pattern repeats ad infinitum from there, thus the file bloat.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:33:30 PM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
@ Rose:  I've never hit that particular bug, but if I had to guess you have an issue with a custom demon.  Try checking your downloaded girlpacks to see if any of them have been updated - they tend to come out with one or two oddities, which get fixed as they are found.

@ zodiac: yeah, the gambling system is a mess.  I think necno's going to be revamping the whole thing when he adapts the building system, but I'll note there's problems there anyhow.  As for the save game bloat, great find - hopefully necno will have a clue about what to do with it.  Frankly, I'm impressed you even got to the final building, since I've never had a game stay stable for that long of a period...  or before necno releases a new patch.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 01:47:15 AM »
Oh, it wasn't stable by any means.  I simply saved before each and every action I performed, change I made, and at the end of each day so that when the game crashed, the only work I had to replicate was the last thing I did.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."