devolution

Author Topic: Bugs 1.29 Megafix  (Read 23747 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs 1.29 Megafix
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 09:41:39 AM »
Must have just been a fluke in my last game then.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 09:47:27 AM »
It has not been implemented it the current version, but if you do have enough custom slave girls it will show a little variation. The fix i've done shows a lot more variation.

As for that, I will look into it.  I have a theory on what happened, the girl was taking more than her share and the men were taking back all the back payments you were owned.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:58:09 AM by delta224 »

Offline letmein

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »
Raping a girl increases her health.
Still lurking.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
 ??? , stupid sign errors.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 06:03:03 PM »
Haha, I am so opening an hospital.  :D

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »
Does it make her happy too?  You could open a therapy wing there.  Would give a whole new meaning to "rape counseling."  j/k
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »
I just tried megafix and I discovered that the refusal rate is now so often the only way I can get them to work is to use a newly created item that drastically alters their obediance and even then they still do some refusing.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »
The refusing to work issue is a common complaint.  It was a stupid sign issue grown out of control. It has been worked on, I just need to alter a few numbers for balance.  Also the mechanic is not fully based on rebellion, as some people seem to think.  The girls enjoyment of the work is also factored in. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:04:07 PM by delta224 »

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
Is there any way we can tell how much they enjoy/hate their work?  Having some way of determining that to some degree would help greatly.

What are the factors that determine their enjoyment of their work?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
As far as I know, enjoyment is basically tied into only two things:  experience and traits.  The more girls do, the more they like, and the ones with kinks like some things lots and lots.  There may be some starting values as well, but other than that I don't *believe* anything else really matters.

As for how to tell, you may be able to get a rough estimation by looking at stat values, but only as a very, very rough estimate.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2009, 03:02:39 AM »
Well, I fully train all girls before they ever see their first customer, and I usually have their rebelliousness down to manageable levels as well.  Even so, girls with -100 rebelliousness, max stats, max happiness, and the nymphomaniac trait (which one would think means they enjoy sex a heck of a lot) still refuse to work in the brothel on occasion.  I know the save files track another stat, though I don't know its name and I don't know its function since the bigger refusal to work bug was fixed.  Used to be when this stat got in the 12-20 range, the girl would simply refuse to ever work that job again.  Now I've seen it go as high as 100 on a girl who works almost all of the time.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2009, 08:45:25 AM »
Not at the moment thie is no way of knowing, due to the fact necro added in a enjoyment stat for each of the jobs.  This stat goes up and down as the girls work the job, but nowhere in game does it tell you what this stat is.  I will add something to the more details button to show what these stats are.   

Offline letmein

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »
If possible, could you not give out the actual values for enjoyment?  By that I mean, could you just give out a broad "she likes X", "she loves Y", "doing Z makes her feel yucky inside" - as opposed to just tossing out the numbers?  I feel that not knowing the specific values for enjoyment makes the game a little harder, and a little more... not 'realistic', maybe 'immersive'?  I dunno, but I personally like not knowing.

EDIT:  on second thought, I'd just prefer not to know at all.  Partially, this is because I think necno intended to keep it secret-secret, but mostly because I truly think the game is better when you don't know.  Why should the player know the exact value of every stat, for every girl?  There's no reason to justify that...  the more I ponder about it, the more I start to suspect we almost know too much already.  I would kind of like to take even the stats that are given out now and reduce them to estimates, like I suggested above - instead of knowing one girl has a BSDM value of 50, and another a value of 80, instead they would be "competent" and "supurb", instead.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 11:02:18 AM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline letmein

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 11:09:27 AM »
Sorry, double-post, but has anyone worked on the annoying bug where the "girl = pregnant" screen always shows up for the intercourse talk options?  It only happens when girls are on the Anti drug, on acts that could actually cause pregnancy (or insemenation), and when they are not in fact pregnant.
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
I think there should be some way of learning how much they enjoy/hate their jobs.  Even if it has to be a talk option:

"How do you like working here?"

"I hate it.  This job makes me feel dirty and used.  There are days I would rather die than service another client."

With something like that, we could see that this girl really doesn't like working as a whore.  Knowing that opens up options to solve the problem (find some way to make her enjoy the job, move her to another job, etc).