devolution

Author Topic: picture size, wm-editor0.7, scripts  (Read 4065 times)

Offline Moonchaos

picture size, wm-editor0.7, scripts
« on: October 12, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
Hi Community,

i am currently creating a bigger girlset and cause of the datasize i need to ask:

- what is max. picturesize x, y (besides i think the programm resize them, but wich size?)
- is there a maximum for random or normal girls? (crashing point?)
- is somethere a better wm-editor than v0.7? (cause i want to differ from, cave, slave market and walk around town to more, like kidnapping, gain trough customer cannot pay and stuff)
- or are there any good working scripts with differing girls with walk around town?

EDIT: also i cant load the item resources (get an error) with the wm-edit v0.7
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:42:28 PM by Moonchaos »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: picture size, wm-editor0.7, scripts
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
- what is max. picturesize x, y (besides i think the programm resize them, but wich size?)
There is no hard limit, but remember that the picture will need to be loaded by the player's computer and be stored in memory, so if you use a bunch of huge images you could potentially eat up all of the user's memory (even though in the next release the "cull old images not re-used after 10 minutes" routine should work).

- is there a maximum for random or normal girls? (crashing point?)
Not that anyone has reached, AFAIK.

- is somethere a better wm-editor than v0.7? (cause i want to differ from, cave, slave market and walk around town to more, like kidnapping, gain trough customer cannot pay and stuff)
You can use the script editor bundled with the game to edit some of those, but eventually those scripts will probably be phased out in lieu of the new LUA based scripting system.

- or are there any good working scripts with differing girls with walk around town?
I'm not sure what your question is here about "differing girls".

EDIT: also i cant load the item resources (get an error) with the wm-edit v0.7
You're using the current SVN version of the Items file, I assume? There appears to be a minor mistake in it introduced in Myrikhan's changes which should be fixed in my next commit. You can easily fix it yourself by manually editing the Items.itemsx file in a text editor and going to the line and column which WMEdit indicates is the problem. In this case on SVN, it's due to an unencoded "&" which needs to be replaced with "&".

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
I think there was someone who crashed theirs but i am pretty sure it was on an old computer
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:22:36 AM »
Ok, so i need to try out wich size fits best. Item database is a lot of work... but  i think i will just edit the new item per text.
with differing girl i mean, make them aviable on other routines.

Like you can get that girl only with kidnapping or just from slaving the daughter of a customer that cant pay and stuff.

yeah ok doesnt make sense to use lua now if there will be a major update/change in the near future

ok thanks so far.

EDIT: theres another question in mind...for what is the GirlAddon1.girlsx?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:32:42 AM by Moonchaos »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
that's the file where the data for the original girl Unique girls are kept
.girlsx for unique, and .rgirlsx for random girls

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »
Yeah i know, but somehow there is a girl, rgirl and for both a girladdon file.
Doesnt make much sense if only the girl and rgirl files are read.

I think someone just added some new girls and put them to a girladdon file cause he didnt wnt to overwrite the current girl files.
But i s there a way to copy the new ones from the addon file to the original file?

Or do you still need to add them yourself?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 10:23:36 AM »
The game reads from every file of the appropriate extension (girlsx or rgirlsx) in that folder. Those addon files were added by Necno a long time ago. They technically could be combined into the other files, but there's no actual need for it.
When/if you later add a girl pack (like those available in the User Mods board), the game can automatically detect and use them.

yeah ok doesnt make sense to use lua now if there will be a major update/change in the near future

Actually, it's the other way around; the game mostly uses a custom scripting system which is somewhat limited, but Lua scripting support is partially implemented by DocClox and it is planned to eventually switch all scripts over to using Lua.

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:53:26 PM »
Ahh, ok i know a little bit about lua maybe i can write some scripts for some special girls.

I will add the optimal picture size later.
The pack i will create has 42 random and 95 normal girls until now (thats the reason for the picture sizes)
cause the dl will be far more than just 100 mb ^^"

still need to edit like 60 girls, create new items and list them and last but not least
reseize images and test the balance ingame.

Maybe i will try out a different gameconfig to raise the difficult a little ^^

EDIT: My failure, forgotten to count the girls inside of folders, so not 95 normal Girls, but 165!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 04:34:19 PM by Moonchaos »

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 03:44:09 AM »
Girls finished so far...and restored the item database. But it seems like it was a waste of time cause i looked into the items..and came to the conclusion:
They are far too overpowered! I will write my own item db and balance them with more temporary items..but whats the time for them? I didnt find any timestamp or something like that.

Offline Moonchaos

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 03:32:52 PM »
So far so good, finished the all the 164 girls, 42 random girls and 158 items.
Now i got to the actual problem...the picture size, cause my folder is already at 1,4 Gb

I have testet so far really big and even pretty small pictures, but the wm just resize them random i think ^^"
I cant get a actual optimal size...the bigger the picture the greater the quality, thats the only thing that changes.

I figured 600x500 seems to be the max value for the picture to fit nice, otherwise it dont look nice anymore.
The sharpness depends on the picture itself and the compressing after resizeing.

Mod will be relaease after i got trough the resizeing and balancing the config if nessesary.