devolution

Author Topic: First time posting and I have some questions.  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Rellim

First time posting and I have some questions.
« on: August 03, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »
1. I noticed long time ago doc was makeing a mod to change citys but it was a compleate
remake and not an addon; and I dont think it ever got done,
I was just wondering if anyone ever wanted to/tried to make
a new city addon? Becouse after I kill all the other gangs* I would like to fight more.
I thourghly enjoied the game. Most people seemes to be in it for the "sex" but my one of my
faveroite things was the gang mangement.

2. If the invadeing another city thing was impossible to do esaly.... from what I have seen it is not.
Then is it possible to script in a  way to reset the other gangs* later in game?
Something like "there has been a upriseing and new gangs* have opened shop in the city

*= the orignial I think there is like 4 enemy gangs or groups to fight agenst for control of the city.
thanks for any help

3. I noticed Anon21, made a change about the beast person.... where can we get it if it even out for use. I went to the download link and i took me to a web page in jap. I could not find a download spot, even after useing a translator on the page.

4. and this is my first time posting, I have no programing skills but I would be willing to help, I'm not sure how I could help but I still thought I should offer.
thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:47:15 AM by Rellim »

Offline Anon21

Re: First time posting and I have some questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:17 AM »
3. I noticed Anon21, made a change about the beast person.... where can we get it if it even out for use. I went to the download link and i took me to a web page in jap. I could not find a download spot, even after useing a translator on the page.

Hi, hi. Yup that's my fault. The links I put up only work for 20 hours. I'll put up a new version in a couple of minutes.

Offline Rellim

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:18 PM »
Thanks for reposting it.  :)  that at lest took care of some of my questions.

Offline Rellim

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:20:18 AM »
Well its been a long time since I have been on, and I just decided to use the same post I used last time. any ways to my question. Is there a reason that(as far as I noticed) there is no scripts for download. I mean I am about as creative as a brick and my grammer/spelling sucks like no other. I did find aroud seven or so scripts to add but thats about it. I was just wondering if i just cant see the forest through the trees so to speak.(no finding more) Or is it just that the script editer sucks so bad that no one wants to do more. I did also find one person who was editing the orignal scripts but never uploaded. So thanks in advance for the feed back.

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:39:21 AM »
It's because the script editing process isn't especially user-friendly. Your average user cannot make scripts at all. I pretty much can't atm, either.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:46:12 AM »
Well its been a long time since I have been on, and I just decided to use the same post I used last time. any ways to my question. Is there a reason that(as far as I noticed) there is no scripts for download. I mean I am about as creative as a brick and my grammer/spelling sucks like no other. I did find aroud seven or so scripts to add but thats about it. I was just wondering if i just cant see the forest through the trees so to speak.(no finding more) Or is it just that the script editer sucks so bad that no one wants to do more. I did also find one person who was editing the orignal scripts but never uploaded. So thanks in advance for the feed back.
Right now Doc is working on a new type of scripting that will allow a lot more diversity in terms of what scripts can do.  Unfortunately he, like so many of us, is busy and hasn't really had time to work on the scripting engine.  Once he finishes, I have a feeling that we'll see an outburst of user made content (I myself was hoping to make a simple script where once gaining the obedience of a girl she gets a certain unique item for her).  It's kind of in the "lets wait and see" stage right now, Doc could better update you than I could.