devolution

Author Topic: Goddamn this game RULES  (Read 8621 times)

Offline HereticMIND

Goddamn this game RULES
« on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
First off, hi there. My name is HereticMIND.

I can't code or anything, but if I could I would definitely contribute to this glorious piece of art. Why, you ask?

Simple.

This is much more than a simple adult game. This is a very, very deep and detailed brothel simulator with much more than just managing a brothel.

I love the fact that it poses some form of a moral dilemma.

Do you either shelter the drug-addled runaway, only asking that she sell her body, buy the slave and not worry about her walking out except in the most dire of circumstances, or kidnap the merchant's daughter, forcing her to bear your and everyone else's children at the risk that she might die during the birthing process (or at least become sterile)?

Do you hire a matron to watch your girls while you deal with a rival gang or do you take the time to mirco-manage at the cost of potentially losing your territory?

Do you buy the flowers one of your whores had always wished for, thereby making her much more happier to work for you, or do you hire more goons to protect your turf?

This is more than just a brothel simulator; this is a game where every choice matters and has an impact.

Job well done, developers. Job well done, indeed.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
Re: Goddamn this game RULES
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 05:03:24 AM »
Yeah that it sure does bro

Sometimes I con the girls into safe jobs like bartending or gambling until they trust me enough, then I suddenly send them all to brothel duty so that my entire harem gets mass deflowered in a single night.

Sometimes I purposefully send my tired and exhausted girls into catacombs so that they'll get brutally tortured and raped by monsters inside.

Sometimes I force the girls to work (torturing or drugging those that refuse) pretty much 24/7 then keep on feeding new girls into the brothel to replace those that die from exhaustion. I've also noticed that some girls develop a "resistance" of some kind (for instance, Asuka) that no matter how much you fuck or torture them they never  die or get tired.

Sometimes I just pretty much torture the girls in the dungeon until they die just so that I don't have to brand them and sell them off, which will increase the pool of slave girls, thus making it more difficult for me to roll a specific one I want.

Sometimes...sometimes I wonder what the fuck is wrong with me. But heck, what other hentai game in the world will let me do that to any anime character I want?

God I love my job.

Offline DeadlyAlias

Uhhh...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
Really? I mean, I agree that the game rocks, but I never figured it as all that much of a dilemma...

Micromanagment increases the time it takes to complete a turn, but had no in game cost. If you have a girl fucked to exhaustion and give her a full turn off she will be back to full (barring extreme injury), and sex increases sats so if you keep a girl alive and working long enough she earns more per customer and (usually) can see more customers.

A successful run on the catacombs with a high combat/magic girl (so, basically any monster girl with a couple hundred gold of combat gear) can bring back 1,000 + gold, a few monster girls, and 10,000 + gold in magic items.

If the girls are happy you don't even need guards. With Wonderful Accomodations (which don't cost much) you can charge a free girl 100% of her income and she won't lose happyness so she will never run, and rival gangs only attack territory or steal money, they don't hurt girls.

If you ever need to do something that you need guards for (like take money from girls or brand them) you can set all of your gangs to guard, and when you are done set them back to acquire territory or whatever. If you ever wonder how much gold your girls have set one of the gangs to "spy on girls", check, and then change the gang back that same turn.

Being cruel has no benefits (other than being fun, obviously), so the choice is "Be callous and userous for great profit, or be a complete monster for fun?", and really you don't need to choose between the two because you literally cannot lose the bame.

Pissing on your parade?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:26:20 PM by DeadlyAlias »

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 08:20:58 PM »
teitogun Just don't let your neighbors find out. If they do, Kill 'em before they can talk.  :D :D :D

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »
hmmm
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline HereticMIND

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 07:43:19 PM »
hmmm

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING OH GOD OH GOD.

What monsters have I unleashed?

Offline AtomicWolf

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 05:16:07 PM »
Ok just had to throw this in here for those who have enjoyed the breeding aspect . I breed the finest whores so that I can have a harem of thoroughbreds from my own bloodline, like a depraved sultan pimp.
In order to facilitate this I made an item in the editor, its an artificial insemination device!! Just load it up and shoot it in! less fun than the natural way obviously, but good for these reasons
1) the girl doesnt have to like you so you dont have to ask to "make love" or you dont have to rape her hah you dont have to but you do anyway dont you?
2) doesnt work 100% but its way more likely than with sex
3) saves your interaction quota per turn for other things like the aforementioned rape
I just made it a one use consumable item costing a couple g's, I also made the girls hate it being used on them and they will never buy it for themselves.
4) ok weirdest thing ive discovered, PREGNANT VIRGINS! its a miracle, no spose it makes sense in a way, also the device blasts through anti preg so saves turning that on and off too, device cant beat the sterile trait though of course.

thoughts anyone??? should i post this somewhere different?

ok had to modify, realized chance was of pregnancy is same as sex i just got lucky on the first few trials, options are either make it cheaper but then it takes a whole lot more inventory clicking. or i just modified item so that it had "add pregnant by player" effect  about 7 times, so the item has 7 chances to work.  Thats usually enough to get those bitches knocked up! but you could make it more if you dont mind clicking through lots of "impregnation failed" popups
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:50:45 PM by AtomicWolf »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »
FYI for anyone who wants to know, you can change the config setting for pregnancy, in the config file, so that pregnancy occurs 100% of the time.
it was put there because not everyone wants pregnancy in the game, some only want customers/themselves to father the babies, and some want 100% chance of pregnancy.

Offline AtomicWolf

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30:22 PM »
yep noticed that in the config, but would rather have element of realism by using the item, also dont want all girls getting pregnant, like i said, i only breed the best in the stable!

Offline Froggy

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 02:32:23 AM »
FYI for anyone who wants to know, you can change the config setting for pregnancy, in the config file, so that pregnancy occurs 100% of the time.
it was put there because not everyone wants pregnancy in the game, some only want customers/themselves to father the babies, and some want 100% chance of pregnancy.

You can (and I already have) use the Item Editor to create a Fertility Potion.  Does not change pregnancy chance per se, but has a Temporary power of removing the Sterile trait.  Pretty simple.