Author Topic: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?  (Read 129064 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 01:55:58 PM »
last question: is source for script editor anywhere? it could use some attention to make scripting easier...
Whoever created the original script editor is long gone along with the source code for it.
We basically gave up on the old script editor and have been contemplating either changing the way scripts are handled or writing a new script editor from scratch.
If you want to do something with that, go for it.
If you change the way the scripts are handled, be sure to keep the old code so the older scripts still work.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2014, 02:48:06 PM »
if the scripts are using lua you can make it so the scripts can be read and wrote to a plain text document, then just make a file with all the features that you have added, aswell i can decompile it down so he could have the source
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline crazy

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2014, 03:12:35 PM »
Was thinkin bout that trait. tricky one. done badly could make game very niche! but options are otherwise pretty limited short of making new job roles. will post any ideas.
Yeah it is a tricky one cause I'm trying to avoid that niche. But feel as u can have daughters they should have more special things happen with them.  And it's hard to come up with events for them.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2014, 03:36:34 PM »
never mind, it wouldnt decompile, sorry for the false hope
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »
Hello, first time poster :/ I was just curious about a few things.

Is it possible to add functionality to the center to remove aggressive/tsundere/yandere?
Unless it's to add to the difficulty of the game (because they attack customers) (which doesn't really add much), I think those three stats are unnecessarily difficult to remove?
(Unless I'm missing something)

Also is it possible to remove/change the "potential recruit" buttons on each of the buildings/town? I think the game already allows such easy access to TOO MUCH girls (imo) that those buttons could be used for another purpose?
(Potential interaction with the matron/house girl or quest interaction?)

I also had lots of questions regarding ways to augment the "difficulty" of the game (which I think it's a bit too easy esp with all the unique girls beauty/looks ~100), but maybe I'm already breaking some rules with this post lol idk

P.S. Love this game and all the effort. I enjoy this game more than a lot of the triple A titles :/

Offline crazy

« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »
Is it possible to add functionality to the center to remove aggressive/tsundere/yandere?
Unless it's to add to the difficulty of the game (because they attack customers) (which doesn't really add much), I think those three stats are unnecessarily difficult to remove?
(Unless I'm missing something)
I've had a job coded to do just this for awhile now I just never finished adding it to the game guess maybe I should do that

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »
Hello, first time poster :/ I was just curious about a few things.
Welcome.

This is already in the works, there are Therapy jobs are in the code but not finished.
It should be working in the next few versions.

Also is it possible to remove/change the "potential recruit" buttons on each of the buildings/town? I think the game already allows such easy access to TOO MUCH girls (imo) that those buttons could be used for another purpose?
(Potential interaction with the matron/house girl or quest interaction?)
Removing the buttons entirely will probably not happen, adding more buttons probably will.

I also had lots of questions regarding ways to augment the "difficulty" of the game (which I think it's a bit too easy esp with all the unique girls beauty/looks ~100), but maybe I'm already breaking some rules with this post lol idk
Ask anything you want.
 - Most questions will be answered.

Suggest anything you would like to see added to the game.
 - Any suggestion that could be useful will probably get added at some point.
 - The easier the suggestion the faster it will get added.
 - If your suggestion is for text type things to be added, attach the text file to your post and it will get added faster.

There are not too many rules here to break.
Don't be afraid to ask a stupid question, some stupid questions can actually be quite useful.

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2015, 09:53:45 PM »
I appreciate the welcome and quick reply :D

The game's quite good and I only wish I knew how any semblance of coding to help lol

Also the few things I was wondering
1. Is there any thoughts behind the difficulty of this game?

I've downloaded and use all of the Lurker's girl pack, and even previously, I've realized that the game suffers from "Quantity" > "Quality"

I've tried to vary different approaches to the game such as not having ANY sex workers (By having most girls just explore catacombs, arena, etc etc) but I usually ended up with too much money/girls in about a week's time.
I was curious whether anyone was working towards perhaps adjusting multipliers to reduce income and maybe removing unique girl rewards from most situations.

I really have 0 knowledge of the game's inner workings, but from the cursory glance of the player, there is a distinction between unique and random girls? Maybe removing unique girl rewards from catacombs or applying stat restrictions to achieving certain things?
-Magic stat = Rarity of found items?
-Char stat = Quality of girls found?
-Strength stat = Beasts found?

Also adjusting Sex worker income?
-Money = Job Income x Looks x Obedience
-Obedience = Love - Fear (With certain traits reverting this stat such as Broken Will?) + Player Charisma (If you were looking into giving the Player some stats?)

2. Also the catacombs granting ANY items seems to litter the inventory and even with 100 different items the chances of getting the items you want seems slim
-This would probably be alleviated with the previous suggestion to gate item rarity with character stats
-But also maybe if most consumables were removed from the pool? (Possibly adding another item tag to make this easier? Pretty odd to find Underground plastic surgery in a dungeon :/)

3. The gang system seems quite lackluster?
-Robbery seems TOO high risk with extremely low reward?
-Sabotage seems too low risk with extremely high reward?
-Weapon Upgrade doesn't seem to have much impact?
-The effects of the gang stats seem vague

Is there any development planned for this section? Gangs seems to be a mad cash grab early and very pointless after a few weeks in.
Honestly, even though most of the game makes my brain explode with "what if?" ideas, the gang system feels very dull. Honestly feel like maybe if the Arena could add a tab for "gang-function"... and that section be remodeled into something else...

3. I was wondering if the "Customer can't pay" interaction could be expanded to actively allowing kidnapping?
It was the most exciting portion of the game to have a change of pace from waiting for another week of flood of girls/items/money
-Adding a similar interaction for sabotage, but with "The Rival Gang sends you a girl  as a sign of peace"?
----Possible negotiation interaction regarding the "quality" of girl?
----Rejection = Another assault on your business (from the insult)
----Accept = Girl reward + Rival gang is refreshed/receives more funds or gang + % Gang death (from Espionage?) / % Cash loss?
-Adding another set of interaction for actually kidnapping girls from local business?
--Acquire Business Interaction?
----Accept = Money / Item / Girl / Cash?
----Refuse = +x Business
----Possibly extending it further? Revamping the Acquire building section to a minigame?
-------Buildings bought gives you a girl (blackmailed daughter/wife? Maybe the harder buildings = More Family members up to 2~3 with higher resistance?)
-------Acquiring building attempt = Large down sum + breaking the girls' wills to X fear/love (devotion)?
-------The former acquiring business could be scrapped to another gang interaction or revamped into something else?

More ideas were had but these were the most prevalent  :D

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
I appreciate the welcome and quick reply :D

The game's quite good and I only wish I knew how any semblance of coding to help lol
Lol we pride our selves on quick replies
Well sence this thread does say anything about what game exactly it is for
whore master evolved i am working on dificulty and making it have a large effect on the gameplay
I've downloaded and use all of the Lurker's girl pack, and even previously, I've realized that the game suffers from "Quantity" > "Quality"
I am planning on the reverse
I really have 0 knowledge of the game's inner workings, but from the cursory glance of the player, there is a distinction between unique and random girls? Maybe removing unique girl rewards from catacombs or applying stat restrictions to achieving certain things?

-Obedience = Love - Fear (With certain traits reverting this stat such as Broken Will?) + Player Charisma (If you were looking into giving the Player some stats?)

2. Also the catacombs granting ANY items seems to litter the inventory and even with 100 different items the chances of getting the items you want seems slim
-This would probably be alleviated with the previous suggestion to gate item rarity with character stats
-But also maybe if most consumables were removed from the pool? (Possibly adding another item tag to make this easier? Pretty odd to find Underground plastic surgery in a dungeon :/)

Is there any development planned for this section? Gangs seems to be a mad cash grab early and very pointless after a few weeks in.
Honestly, even though most of the game makes my brain explode with "what if?" ideas, the gang system feels very dull. Honestly feel like maybe if the Arena could add a tab for "gang-function"... and that section be remodeled into something else...

3. I was wondering if the "Customer can't pay" interaction could be expanded to actively allowing kidnapping?
It was the most exciting portion of the game to have a change of pace from waiting for another week of flood of girls/items/money
-Adding a similar interaction for sabotage, but with "The Rival Gang sends you a girl  as a sign of peace"?
----Accept = Girl reward + Rival gang is refreshed/receives more funds or gang + % Gang death (from Espionage?) / % Cash loss?
-Adding another set of interaction for actually kidnapping girls from local business?
----Refuse = +x Business
----Possibly extending it further? Revamping the Acquire building section to a minigame?
-------Buildings bought gives you a girl (blackmailed daughter/wife? Maybe the harder buildings = More Family members up to 2~3 with higher resistance?)
-------Acquiring building attempt = Large down sum + breaking the girls' wills to X fear/love (devotion)?
-------The former acquiring business could be scrapped to another gang interaction or revamped into something else?

More ideas were had but these were the most prevalent  :D

but for most of your thoughts, ill see what i can do about adding them into Evolved

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2015, 01:49:31 AM »
Coding help, while helpful, is not as needed as text help.
If you can write texts for anything, jobs, skills, buildings, etc. we can code them into the game.

Yes, Lots of things are planned and hopefully the update to rivals in .06.00.26 will make the game a little more difficult.

The basic girl packs from the early years of the game were more Quantity over Quality but that is why the current pack makers are updating them.

I've tried to vary different approaches to the game such as not having ANY sex workers (By having most girls just explore catacombs, arena, etc etc) but I usually ended up with too much money/girls in about a week's time.
I was curious whether anyone was working towards perhaps adjusting multipliers to reduce income and maybe removing unique girl rewards from most situations.
The catacombs are a little overpowered at the moment and they will get another update sometime.
I did work on them up a few months ago but didn't do too much to weaken it.
Basically the only stats that really affect the outcome in the catacombs is the girl's combat and magic.
More stats/skills can be added to make it better.

Unique girls are made to be specific girls, Random girls are supposed to be commoners.
Unique girls always start with the same stats, skills and traits while Random girls have a list of traits that are randomly applied and their stats/skills are within a set range.
Both types can be categorized into a few types, Slaves, Catacomb Girls, Arena Girls, etc.

The Girl's "Ask Price" is based on several stats/skills/traits and will vary over time, usually increasing.
The Girl's Rebelliousness is also based on several stats/skills/traits and ranges from -100 to 100.
 - The lower Rebel the more likely she will cooperate.
 - Anything above 0 will have more rejections and refusals to work.

The items from catacombs are completely randomly chosen from the items you have in the ./Resources/Items folder.
If you don't want certain items in the game, remove the .itemsx file for it.

This is the section I am currently working on.
True, Weapon Upgrade does have very little effect but there is some.
A more important factor for gangs is Healing Potions. Take the number of potions you have and divide them between all your gangs. This is how many that gang can use each turn.
So if you have the max 200 potions and 8 gangs, each gang can heal 25 times per turn.
Considering that the things they fight probably do not have potions, this can easily turn the tide in a battle.

Making the gangs more expansive and including girls into it has been talked about a lot.
When this happens, it will probably be done with the Prison being made into its own building and all gang and guarding activities being done from there.

----Refuse = +x Business
Interesting idea, probably can be done.
I have not really had much intention of making rivals be able to become allies, that would require a ton of coding.

Offline Torajidi

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2015, 03:29:31 AM »
Coding help, while helpful, is not as needed as text help.
If you can write texts for anything, jobs, skills, buildings, etc. we can code them into the game.

Is there a list of wanted or needed pieces of text anywhere? I feel like there would be a lot of text contributions if people knew what was needed or wanted.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2015, 04:48:11 AM »
Is there a list of wanted or needed pieces of text anywhere? I feel like there would be a lot of text contributions if people knew what was needed or wanted.
There is not really a list, basically anything you can think of that could use better or other texts can add them.
Most jobs could use a few more text options.
Almost all of the farm jobs need text added for them.

Pick a job and think of some things that a girl could do in them.
Even if the job already has some text for it, more can always be added.

Think about how an unskilled person, a moderately skilled and an expert would react to a job.
The base Stats + Skills ranges from 0-200 with traits adding or detracting to this.
There are basically 7 levels of text groups for each job:
>= 350IncomparableShe is a god at this job
>= 245SuperiorShe amazes even the stingiest customers
>= 185AmazingShe always dos a good job
>= 145BetterMost of the time she does well
>= 100Can do itOccasionally she gets the job done right
>= 70Don't botherThe girl fails half the time
< 70Expect FailureThe girl can't or shouldn't do this job

Look at some traits and see how they would affect the job.

The more options you can think of the better.

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »
I appreciate the quick and thorough responses!

I honestly don't really care which the suggestions gets added to, I just hope that my suggestions can fine tune the game in any way.

Regarding the rebelliousness, I was just disappointed regarding how random it seemed to be? (I'm still not 100% sure how it works)
-The girls seems to refuse jobs even at -30+ to do something minor as practice skill and there doesn't seem to be a distinction between being an escort or whore (unless there is a girl preference I think?)
-Also I felt that the asking price seems to be too high when there are several girls working several men at the same time (which is usually the case for sex workers) Even with a few girls (because the unique girl stats are so high), they end up making buttloads of money even if one or two of them refuse jobs.
---I think with the obedience stat working against the pay grade would increase the difficulty without the need to decrease the sheer amount of girls being added to the game (which is great.)
---Maybe a "prison escape" sort of scenario could occur making "recapture" more relevant based on rebelliousness x agility/strength stat?
(Sorry, I'm a bit focused on somehow upping the difficulty because the game is very fun to play managing the brothels and girls, but there doesn't seem to be a good payoff at the end that made me feel like I had worked for it?)

For the last section, I wasn't saying add the rival to your gang, I was saying maybe to "refresh" the rival if you accept their "slave/female rival boss's sexual favor" to keep the rival gang numbers high without a constant stream of "new challenger arrived" scenario.
It would also give more sense of "I have truly dominated this rival" feeling?
-Fleshing out the gang section with more branching results to actually dominating the gang?
Maybe a text of the interaction might help iterate what I'm trying to suggest :/
**refer to Gang interaction text

I was curious how the strength and magic stats actually affect the outcome?
It feels as though strength = less gang rape
And magic... I'm not sure..?

If it is feasible (and desired) maybe rebelliousness could roll for a "escape into the dungeon" event?
Charisma gate whether you receive a "dungeon boss" girl and simply remove lesser girls being acquired here?
This could also allow for the "animal" girls to be functioned over to the farm to "breed?" or "capture?"

The MAIN thing that I was really hoping that you guys were working towards was gating features for higher levels by stats such as:
-Items from the catacombs (by magic stat?)
-Girls from the catacombs (by charisma stat?)
-Girls from Arena (By charisma x strength stat?)
-Jobs that girls could do? (Obed lv 1 = Brothel... Obed lv 2 = Strip joing... Obed lv 3 = Gambling Hall... Obed lv 4 = High Class bar...)
(((Maybe X girls working as escorts = the black mail events mentioned in previous posts?)))
**I got into writing some scenarios :/ refer to Blackmail event**

Some way to feel like your character can utilize your vast number of sex workers? (bed warmer action for other than the girls at your house?) (Maybe some "favoured girl" label?)

Sorry for barraging you guys with constant stream of texts. Maybe these ideas are good? too bothersome? not where you want things to go?

xD

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2015, 01:36:34 PM »
P.S. This might be a bit too much but I was curious whether... a school building was under any sort of consideration?

Activities
-Class recruitment
---Teacher corruption => student recruitment?
-Your girls could be "enrolled"
---Stat changes => Science +Int + Spirit + Conf +Rebel
---Stat changes => P.E. +Str + Agi + Spirit + Conf +Rebel
---Stat changes => Magic +Mag  +Comb +Spirit +Conf +Rebel
---Stat changes => Sex Ed. (Rebel check)=> +Normal Sex +Rebel + Conf +Spirit
---Stat changes => Home Ec. => +Beauty + Char + Conf + Spirit + Rebel
-Trait changes
--- Remove Slow Learner
--- Add Quick Learner
--- Add Student => Grows to Teacher
-Public Toilet
--- (-)(-)Spirit, (-)(-)Conf, (-)(-) Rebelliousness
=Personal Class (For personal instruction / possible events?)
--- (-)Teacher's rebelliousness (Student becomes your spy)
--- (-) Rebel, (+) Sex

More ideas to be had, but I guess I gotta check if this is interesting? lol

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2015, 07:06:57 PM »
Regarding the rebelliousness, I was just disappointed regarding how random it seemed to be? (I'm still not 100% sure how it works)
-The girls seems to refuse jobs even at -30+ to do something minor as practice skill and there doesn't seem to be a distinction between being an escort or whore (unless there is a girl preference I think?)
-Also I felt that the asking price seems to be too high when there are several girls working several men at the same time (which is usually the case for sex workers) Even with a few girls (because the unique girl stats are so high), they end up making buttloads of money even if one or two of them refuse jobs.
---I think with the obedience stat working against the pay grade would increase the difficulty without the need to decrease the sheer amount of girls being added to the game (which is great.)
---Maybe a "prison escape" sort of scenario could occur making "recapture" more relevant based on rebelliousness x agility/strength stat?
(Sorry, I'm a bit focused on somehow upping the difficulty because the game is very fun to play managing the brothels and girls, but there doesn't seem to be a good payoff at the end that made me feel like I had worked for it?)
The rebelliousness check has not been updated in years so it could use some work.

The other factor in girls not doing their assigned job is their enjoyment of that job.
If a girl constantly fails at a job she will start to hate doing it.
This is listed under the job preferences section of the girls details.

For the last section, I wasn't saying add the rival to your gang, I was saying maybe to "refresh" the rival if you accept their "slave/female rival boss's sexual favor" to keep the rival gang numbers high without a constant stream of "new challenger arrived" scenario.
It would also give more sense of "I have truly dominated this rival" feeling?
-Fleshing out the gang section with more branching results to actually dominating the gang?
Maybe a text of the interaction might help iterate what I'm trying to suggest :/
**refer to Gang interaction text
This can be done but it will take some time.

I was curious how the strength and magic stats actually affect the outcome?
It feels as though strength = less gang rape
And magic... I'm not sure..?
I am currently updating gang-gang and girl-gang fights.
With gang-gang fights:
 - Each gang member fights another one on one until either of them dies
 - First an attack type is chosen, combat or magic, then that is rolled to hit.
 - Damage is rolled the same for both types ((weapon level+1)*5) but magic gets an extra ((magic/10)+3) damage.
 - The damage can be dodged with agility and reduced by constitution.
 - Healing potions (+30 health) are used if they have any.
 - If the number of gang members is cut in half they have a 40% chance of running away

Girl-gang fights will have a similar flow but with a few adjustments on the girls side:
 - Trait group Strong Magic->Muggle will adjust the magic damage
 - Trait group Tough->Fragile will adjust damage soaked
 - Several other traits will affect other things
 - If a girl's health drops below 20, she looses.

If it is feasible (and desired) maybe rebelliousness could roll for a "escape into the dungeon" event?
Charisma gate whether you receive a "dungeon boss" girl and simply remove lesser girls being acquired here?
This could also allow for the "animal" girls to be functioned over to the farm to "breed?" or "capture?"
The catacombs would require a ton more expansion for this to be feasible.
The farm still needs a ton of work just to get it working with what it has now but adding more to it is planned.

The MAIN thing that I was really hoping that you guys were working towards was gating features for higher levels by stats such as:
-Items from the catacombs (by magic stat?)
-Girls from the catacombs (by charisma stat?)
-Girls from Arena (By charisma x strength stat?)
-Jobs that girls could do? (Obed lv 1 = Brothel... Obed lv 2 = Strip joing... Obed lv 3 = Gambling Hall... Obed lv 4 = High Class bar...)
(((Maybe X girls working as escorts = the black mail events mentioned in previous posts?)))
**I got into writing some scenarios :/ refer to Blackmail event**

Some way to feel like your character can utilize your vast number of sex workers? (bed warmer action for other than the girls at your house?) (Maybe some "favoured girl" label?)
I will be adjusting the catacomb jobs (girl and gang) to use more stats/skills but that will be for a future update.
I believe Crazy has been working on the arena jobs.
Making jobs only be available to certain girls could cause problems, but could be done in the future.
As for the Blackmail event, if/when the building costs get a variable price, that could be added to lower its cost.

P.S. This might be a bit too much but I was curious whether... a school building was under any sort of consideration?
A school building has been discussed before and will probably be added in some time in the future but making the existing stuff work needs to be done first.