Author Topic: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?  (Read 129079 times)

Offline Naturalrice

Re: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2015, 12:33:56 AM »
Regarding Gang interactions:

Is there a need for the distinction of attack types?
(Is it hard locked into the game?)
-In my opinion, considering there is no difference in results whether you win by magic or combat, isn't it just easier to use only combat for the fight and magic for another interaction?
((or perhaps there is future plans to expand that section?))
--Traits such as Strong Magic could just add combat value and muggle could be negative combat value (as being completely unaware of magic would still be a combat disadvantage)

Also, I was always curious why there isn't an initial cost to hiring gangs?
Every game I start with:
- Lv 3 Weapons
- Approx 2~3 gangs with decent comb/toughness stat
- Set the high combat ones on Sabotage, other on Guard/training (because the first few turns is pretty much no risk)
--- This usually nets me an easy 5~10+ k within the first few turns if lucky? without any other income
I feel this could be alleviated a bit with incremental cost to hiring gangs?
-This would allow the natural struggle at the start from lack of resources and difficulty could easily be manipulated with configuration file?
(Or an addition of difficulty option in-game)

Just a question is there ACTUAL combat simulated behind the scenes when sabotage occurs?
(Curious because you've mentioned dodging and such)
(I thought it was just a dice roll to reduce "gang members" by X until death)

It's quite cool that the combat system would be updated to be something with much more depth!

Will this involve more details involving gang fights?
-It was hard to get excited about any gang results as the only information that you saw was "gang is sabotaging" + a message when someone's eliminated.

Random thought:
Maybe failure state (or even some success state) should result in lowering of brothel security? (Maybe it already does and I haven't been paying attention?)
-Also making "Brothel security" a percentage instead of a flat number? (Which I haven't quite understood how that worked)
--Very low security could also  reduce happiness of everyone in brothel? (Effectively reducing efficiency of brothel making the failure state a bit more detrimental while not crippling?)

Not sure how I came across with the plethora of complaints lol, but thanks for listening

For text contributions, are you needing random brothel sex results? Also would they be attached to this thread, if I was interested?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2015, 12:57:05 AM »
Is there a need for the distinction of attack types?
(Is it hard locked into the game?)
-In my opinion, considering there is no difference in results whether you win by magic or combat, isn't it just easier to use only combat for the fight and magic for another interaction?
((or perhaps there is future plans to expand that section?))
--Traits such as Strong Magic could just add combat value and muggle could be negative combat value (as being completely unaware of magic would still be a combat disadvantage)
Technically, there is no need for anything, combat could just be done with a single % check.
Adding more details allows for more varied combat.

There is a difference in results, magic adds to damage thus increases the chance of casualties.
While in the long run this balances out, in the battle itself it does make a difference.

The traits are currently not in so exactly what they do is yet to be determined.

Also, I was always curious why there isn't an initial cost to hiring gangs?
Every game I start with:
- Lv 3 Weapons
- Approx 2~3 gangs with decent comb/toughness stat
- Set the high combat ones on Sabotage, other on Guard/training (because the first few turns is pretty much no risk)
--- This usually nets me an easy 5~10+ k within the first few turns if lucky? without any other income
I feel this could be alleviated a bit with incremental cost to hiring gangs?
-This would allow the natural struggle at the start from lack of resources and difficulty could easily be manipulated with configuration file?
(Or an addition of difficulty option in-game)
That is one of many way to play the game.
Whether you start with a a lot of girls or a lot of guys, it is up to you, the Player.
This is also why I reduced the safe time from 7 months to 3 months, to make it harder, faster.

Just a question is there ACTUAL combat simulated behind the scenes when sabotage occurs?
(Curious because you've mentioned dodging and such)
(I thought it was just a dice roll to reduce "gang members" by X until death)

It's quite cool that the combat system would be updated to be something with much more depth!

Will this involve more details involving gang fights?
-It was hard to get excited about any gang results as the only information that you saw was "gang is sabotaging" + a message when someone's eliminated.
Yes, fights do play out in the background.
Girl-gang fights do have text that you can see in the gamelog.txt.
If I ever get around to it, I could probably add the same thing for gang-gang fights.
Expanding on the turn summary will probably be added sometime in the future.

Random thought:
Maybe failure state (or even some success state) should result in lowering of brothel security? (Maybe it already does and I haven't been paying attention?)
-Also making "Brothel security" a percentage instead of a flat number? (Which I haven't quite understood how that worked)
--Very low security could also  reduce happiness of everyone in brothel? (Effectively reducing efficiency of brothel making the failure state a bit more detrimental while not crippling?)
Brothel Security does have a negative effect on brothel business but not until it passes 2000.
Low security does attract more customers, for better or worse.
The numbers will probably get lowered because it seems too high for me when I play.

While brothel security does not stop all attacks, it does prevent a lot of them.
When an attack is attempted, your security level does drop some.
Brothel security drops naturally based on how many girls you have in the brothel.

For text contributions, are you needing random brothel sex results? Also would they be attached to this thread, if I was interested?
Attach your submissions to what ever post you are writing.
Include some details about what the submission is.
If your submission is too big to attach, zip it up and put it on a reputable free file sharing site, https://mega.co.nz is a good site.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline crazy

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
For anyone wanting to do writing for the mod I suggest starting with when a girl has sex with low skill it says Her inexperience hurt her a little.  What I would like is more of this but for all the different skills.  For example with low anal skill it can say Her inexperience hurt her or Her inexperience hurt her. It's now quite painful to sit down.  Hopefully this makes sense as having a more of these but for all skills would be nice.

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2015, 06:37:35 PM »
I wrote out something similar to original text in game. Is this what you guys want???

Edit: More modular sex text? (With BDSM this time) Should I keep writing things vague? Do I need more graphic stuff? (Feedback would help  :-[ )
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:25:58 PM by Naturalrice »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2015, 06:40:38 PM »
I wrote out something similar to original text in game. Is this what you guys want???
Not bad.
I will add it in after I fix the player child surname bug.

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2015, 06:48:30 PM »
it was funny my characters last name is Lovestone yet child came out player im like wtf

Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2015, 07:19:47 PM »
Doh, I was testing the player daughter bug with a game that was started with the default names set.
So, I'm not sure if it was working before I started rewriting it but now it is definitely working.

If you are having the same problem, edit your save game and search for "<Player RealName=".
If you have
Code: [Select]
<Player RealName="Master Player" FirstName="Master" Surname="Player" BirthMonth="1" BirthDay="1"
                     Suspicion="0" Disposition="100" CustomerFear="0" WinGame="0">
Change them to what you want.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:25:19 PM by aevojoey »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2015, 07:26:31 PM »
will it work with a new game?
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »
will it work with a new game?
After testing .28, it does not work.
It does work in .29.
I am occasionally getting a crash on birth so I need to find and fix that before I can release .29.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »
would you like me to help ya find it, if you push the changes ill see what i can do to help ya out

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »
would you like me to help ya find it, if you push the changes ill see what i can do to help ya out
Already found and fixed it.
It was crashing on empty traits.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2015, 09:52:48 PM »
ok then ill just work on Evolved

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »

Edit: More modular sex text? (With BDSM this time) Should I keep writing things vague? Do I need more graphic stuff? (Feedback would help  :-[ )
I'll take whatever you write and make it work.
I have already started adding your Brothel Sex.txt texts and used it as a base for an intro to the sex acts.

First off, use plain txt not doc.
In general keep each section under a few hundred words.
If a section has multiple options use something like 1)   2)   3)   to denote the options.
If a trait can affect the outcome, note it.
Separate sections with something that makes it clear it is a new set of text.
If you can, set your text editor for UTF-8. Some of the extra characters in other formats don't show up right in the game.

Offline Naturalrice

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2015, 03:57:43 PM »
More Normal Sex + Low Skill + Various traits.

Still unsure of format, but here's the second attempt. Hopefully, I'll get it the way you guys want it soon :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »
More Normal Sex + Low Skill + Various traits.

Still unsure of format, but here's the second attempt. Hopefully, I'll get it the way you guys want it soon :)
I finished adding your Brothel Sex.txt but did not get to the BDSM or Traits files yet.