devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (Items Concept)  (Read 76378 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Items Concept
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
LoL

Well, it's good for debugging. It's strange that the item didn't crash the game, Dark misspelled "atack" in one of the items and I got a key error when equipping it. Maybe I've changed something in error handling...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
Oh god, that sword  :D
You know, feel free to upload somewhere your items and post links here. We could use fresh ideas.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »
LoooL

I didn't notice :D

Well, we need to come up with a type for items like that because currently game will ignore all weapons during auto-equipment.

Maybe type == "sextoy", there is no way to do that right with a "Rod" :( ?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »
Maybe, or maybe something like "notaweapon", as a more general thing.
Moreover, that thing seems too big for a small weapon. Maybe instead of prohibition big weapons for everyone but warriors we should allow such a type even for big weapon slot.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
Maybe, or maybe something like "notaweapon", as a more general thing.
Moreover, that thing seems too big for a small weapon. Maybe instead of prohibition big weapons for everyone but warriors we should allow such a type even for big weapon slot.

That's what I meant, everyone is allowed to have a small weapon except slaves or maybe even slaves as well, but "Not a weapon" is prolly better bet if we want to use a main weapons slot.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »
I recall there were some major penalties in wm when big weapon were used during some jobs. That's the idea I used in our project, and that's why big weapons are much more powerful than small ones.
I have no idea if we have such a thing in the code though  ::)
But it shouldn't be too difficult to simply forbid inappropriate types of big weapons for nonwarriors if we'll add notaweapon type.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
I'll add that to jobs on the next review.

I have a question, badness is not used anywhere right now, should we rename it too "buychance"? This is how it's used I believe. Also it is inverted in on itself:

badness = 80 means 80% chance to buy, does it not?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2014, 02:29:48 PM »
I'm afraid not. Badness 80 should mean 20% to buy. For example we have 90 badness for small potions because I don't want every girl to carry 200 potions at 100 turn.
It's not hard to change though, I have plenty of time as usual.

Though in cases when item is not available in shops it means nothing except theoretical relative importance.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 02:31:30 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Oh no, if it actually means badness, it's fine, there is no need to change anything. As per concept it's inverted in on itself (I believe that is a case with WM).

If I can just check dice(item.badness), there is no point in tweaking anything.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 07:37:43 AM »
Oh god, that sword  :D
You know, feel free to upload somewhere your items and post links here. We could use fresh ideas.

lol.  I'm glad you guys like it.  ;)   I will be sure to post them once they get sorted out.  I have 19 weapon/smallweapon slot items, 8 miscellaneous items, and 7 consumables.  I might be able to get them up today.

Offline KingofKings

« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:56 AM »
This reminds me, thanks Pink.
Xel, if you could talk with the other creators and work out where you want the crafting and future improvements to be headed would help a lot with the items list, so I don't make anything that isn't around, or shouldn't be included.
Just something small to start out with will be perfect, and from there things can be changed or added as the game grows, 800 items is a big number, and I want to make sure everyone is happy with the selection before going ahead and making it for real.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

And Pink, that is a sword, tough it seems a bit OP for the arena, to many Party-time leaves the Arena Workers with so much to clean up afterwards ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:11 AM »
This reminds me, thanks Pink.
Xel, if you could talk with the other creators and work out where you want the crafting and future improvements to be headed would help a lot with the items list, so I don't make anything that isn't around, or shouldn't be included.
Just something small to start out with will be perfect, and from there things can be changed or added as the game grows, 800 items is a big number, and I want to make sure everyone is happy with the selection before going ahead and making it for real.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

And Pink, that is a sword, tough it seems a bit OP for the arena, to many Party-time leaves the Arena Workers with so much to clean up afterwards ;)

In the items area: At the moment we really need this:

1)

Head slot items!

The code is already there (we had to disable it), we just couldn't come up with a sensible amount of ideas to make it work... If you can make 15 - 20 items that are fun/make sense/fulfill the existing items sets using head slot, it would be VERY welcome addon to the game!

2)

Crafting!

Instead of items, you come up with a bunch of ingredients (herbs, materials, gems, metals ingots). The interface will be very similar to the new exploration module, only explorers would be gatherers and alchemists. (I could throw a bunch of herb images from a sister game called Alkion your way).

You'd have to create a dictionary of:

{
"item_name1": [ingridient1, ingridient2, ingridient3],
"item_name2": [ingridient1, ingridient2, ingridient3],
and so on...
}

item_name must be an existing item or an item that you created.

That will add a whole new dimension to the game, a new business type and it is beyond easy to code. 800 items is kinda retarded (an overkill) if you can add a whole new dimension to the project doing almost exactly the same thing instead... just think about it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:34:32 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »
Back then I really disliked the idea of adding some lame, generic, possibly ugly closed helms (especially since characters faces are always visible everywhere), and we didn't really had enough time to think over every single head slot item.
Nothing has changed since then, I still don't want ugly, bulky helmets, and I'm still too busy with other systems  :D

So feel free to make cool looking head items, we will add them. They don't have to be helmets, they could be anything that can be equipped on head.

Offline KingofKings

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »
Okay, so head-gear and ingredients are the two main ones you want to have something to use to refine the code?

That's okay, I was already working on ingredients for food for cooking for better food items for mid-late game, but I can improve that further.

And head-gear really got me, I was wondering why there was none in the game in the first place, that answered that question.

Okay so I'll start on a few things and get back to you guys after a while, just you you can concentrate on fixing bugs, fixing code and getting everything working properly while I get busy.

Yeah, 800 items is lots of overkill, but I though that with so much variety, every play-through will be different because of the multitude of things that are there, and all the possible combinations/differences each player will get with each item, variety is the slice of life as they say.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
Also, feel free to add armor for main character only. We only have 3 right now, that's clearly not enough.
The main problem here is to find a good looking picture suitable for icon, and then cut it. By suitable I mean that it possible to cut it without mad photoshop skillz.