devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169594 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »

Yeah, I thought that one was tackled when WonderDog was overhauling the trait system. I'll note it down to look into.
Lessee... *digs in the forum*

Aah, here it is, from January 23rd: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=246.0
Seems like this never really got adressed, huh.

I wonder if you broke the "fix" for this Dagoth by bringing it back.  :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52:41 PM »
no i don't have a save from  the week before, sorry but i had a 3 cures for each addiction, some brainwashing oil, and a few expensive chocolates as well as some things i don't remember
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »
ok, so I think I found a bug...It's not that important, unless your testing with like one or two girls. when you have them sent to the catacombs it will not (as far as my very short patience is concerned) go past "adding new gangs" when you hit "next week".

but like i said. not  too important. more of a heads up, or warning.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 02:34:33 AM »
ok, so I think I found a bug...It's not that important, unless your testing with like one or two girls. when you have them sent to the catacombs it will not (as far as my very short patience is concerned) go past "adding new gangs" when you hit "next week".

Can you provide a savegame?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 03:21:16 AM »
Strange. It's not doing that with my regular mouse scroll wheel. Maybe SDL is registering a different button event for you trackpad scroll area rather than SDL_BUTTON_WHEELDOWN or SDL_BUTTON_WHEELUP? Does that scroll area work to scroll up and down lists in the game when hovering over them?

The area causing the problem is the horizontal scroll, so possibly not. I'll dig a bit deeper tonight if I get a chance. Worst case, I can live with the problem, but it would be nice to fix it if we can.

Offline csp87

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 11:26:10 AM »
Two bugs concerning pregnancy:

- Sterile girls can get pregnant

- The week off granted to a girl after giving birth does not replace the working shifts. Instead she gets an additional day and night shift each in which she is resting (at least when training skills while giving birth this happens, did not test it with other jobs).

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
The area causing the problem is the horizontal scroll, so possibly not. I'll dig a bit deeper tonight if I get a chance. Worst case, I can live with the problem, but it would be nice to fix it if we can.

Probably just a case of finding the appropriate SDL codes for it and setting the game to ignore those when it detects them.

Two bugs concerning pregnancy:

- Sterile girls can get pregnant

- The week off granted to a girl after giving birth does not replace the working shifts. Instead she gets an additional day and night shift each in which she is resting (at least when training skills while giving birth this happens, did not test it with other jobs).

Hmm. Not sure how those popped up, but I'll look into it. Do you have a savegame you could provide to make it easier for me to duplicate those?
EDIT: also, are you sure the sterile girl got pregnant, or did she get inseminated? Sterility doesn't prevent insemination. If you are sure, what circumstances did it happen in? Whoring, or being raped, or what?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 06:02:55 PM by Dagoth »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »
Can you provide a savegame?
sure. didn't know if the .mast is important so I included it too.

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:11 AM »

Do you have a copy of that save? I can't figure how you would end up with red lines in place of girl details, so it would be helpful.

Here we go, I knew it would happen again.

Sequence:
1) Manually saved
2) exited to Title screen
3) came back to main brothel emptied and not able to find it's name, second one in worse shape, third one disappeared.
4) Girls remaining in Dungeon had the last 4 or 5 dead, the first dead girl named and the rest just red lines.

Saves are attached in *.7z format.

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 07:34:32 AM »
And another instance of dead girls in the dungeon and everything gone screwy. Later in the same game. The only difference being in this one I exited all the way to desktop, and the autosave is also hash.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 07:38:34 AM by Spacebird »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll check into those.

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll check into those.

Here is yet a third and I have noted one factor in common for all three: the red lines all stop on the same girl, my WMEdit created version of Shihouin Yoruichi.

Latest save attached. I'm going to go back to an archived save after I remove her from my active girlsx file and see what happens.

Once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times begins to be a pattern.

Offline csp87

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »
Probably just a case of finding the appropriate SDL codes for it and setting the game to ignore those when it detects them.

Hmm. Not sure how those popped up, but I'll look into it. Do you have a savegame you could provide to make it easier for me to duplicate those?
EDIT: also, are you sure the sterile girl got pregnant, or did she get inseminated? Sterility doesn't prevent insemination. If you are sure, what circumstances did it happen in? Whoring, or being raped, or what?

EDIT: An error deleted my reply:

I do not have the savegame anymore but I created a new one to recreate the bugs.
Worked for the 'additional shifts after giving birth' issue (just hit 'next week' in savegame').
But the pregnant sterile girls did not occur anymore but I can give some details about the two cases which happened to me:
- both girls were user-created
- both girls were only sterile, not incorprial or construct
- both girls were pregnant with players child
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:51:41 PM by csp87 »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
Thanks, I'll check those saves as well.

But the pregnant sterile girls did not occur anymore but I can give some details about the two cases which happened to me:
- both girls were user-created
- both girls were only sterile, not incorprial or construct
- both girls were pregnant with players child

Do you remember how specifically you got them that way? Normal interaction and choosing to have sex or make love, or rape in the dungeon, or what?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 07:59:49 PM »

I can't duplicate this one with the save you provided. I set the 3 girls to exploring the catacombs in the day and free time at night, then clicked Next Week over and over for about 20 weeks or so without a problem. Is there something else you did differently to get it to happen?
Have you messed with the gang names, maybe? Otherwise, maybe it's a bad girl image, or config file values, or... I don't know.