devolution

Author Topic: Targeted Kidnapping  (Read 3427 times)

Offline zmikez

Targeted Kidnapping
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:39:59 AM »
I put this in because some of us hate getting random types of girls, and some, like me, like to have a brothel with certain types of girls (one for large breasts, one for monster girls, etc.)

So I would like to put forward the idea of using an item as a catalyst to help you find a certain type of girl, in order to keep it simple I think the easiest way to do this would be the use of keys, simply being, if the character possesses a key, the chances your gang will find a girl related to that key will be increased.

Also, thinking along those lines, a lockpick, if the player is in possession of a lockpick, kidnappings for all girls will increase.

Since these items help with illegal activities I think it would be appropriate to make it where if the player gets busted with the keys\lockpicks then he has to pay a fine, equal to say, 10% of whatever he has on him. Minus 1% for every 10% of influence with the mayor.

hopefully I havent mixed up the games I was playing similar to this one :P

anyways, tell me what you think :)

edit: What I mean by related is that you can have things like, house keys, church keys, brothel keys, bar keys (they have inns on the 2nd floor usually, women found here would most likely be strong-willed and disobedient)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:47:51 AM by zmikez »

Offline Hawke

Re: Targeted Kidnapping
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »
Actually, unless you are in "high" favor with the powers-that-be, they would most likely confiscate any items like those that you would have; or, you could have the option to "bribe" the guards making the bust to stop them from taking those (turning a blind eye, so-to-speak...the same could option could be used for drugs you/your girls might have in your possession).  The amount of the bribe could be fixed (always the same percentage) or could be set on a scale based on how high your reputation is (or how much you are already paying in bribes to those in power).  It could also contain a variable for the guard's level of honesty (high honesty means it's very unlikely that he'll take a bribe at all, or that the bribe will be very, very high before he'd be tempted to take it).

For kidnapping, a drop-down box with the traits might be easier than items; you could instruct your gangs to focus on targets with a specific trait, instead of just purely random.  This would, however, draw MORE attention to you/your gangs by the law because of the increased focus.  Of course, programming wise, the more focused you went along this approach (allowing for more than one trait to be included, for example) would probably make this a total nightmare in code.  Though, it's been years since I've touched any programming :P and I never really went beyond a very basic knowledge level so don't quote me on that.

On a side note along those lines though; I think it might be an interesting option to include the ability to kidnap/capture girls (or lure them away) from your rivals places.  And to divide up the tasks of "recruiting" girls from "kidnapping" girls (kidnapping girls would draw a lot of attention, while recruiting them would draw very little or none).  A marker in the code to indicate which girls are kidnapped, then a quick comparison about their obedience levels and happiness, could result in these kidnapped girls being freed if/when you're raided too (if they're happy and loyal, why would they want to go?).  They might also set a percentage chance (maybe .5% to 1% or 2%, scaled to the skill level of the gang) that you won't wind up with a "random" girl from kidnapping/recruiting, but a specific, non-slave, girl from the list of those you have installed too.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies.

Offline crazy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »
On a side note along those lines though; I think it might be an interesting option to include the ability to kidnap/capture girls (or lure them away) from your rivals places.  And to divide up the tasks of "recruiting" girls from "kidnapping" girls (kidnapping girls would draw a lot of attention, while recruiting them would draw very little or none).

I really wish they would make it so you could "recruit" girls also.  Maybe make it a gang mission or a girls job but it would be a lawful and hopefully faster option to get normal girls rather then just kidnapping and walking around town.  I was going to put it up as a new topic a few days ago and never got around to it.

Offline Hawke

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
Yeah, recruiting would also allow for girls to have higher starting obedience levels (they did come willingly, after all) which is a lot easier than breaking down extremely willful girls (which would probably be the case 50% of the time with kidnapping..them being highly willful and rebellious, that is).  I'm sure one of the Devs will get around to reading this eventually (probably sooner rather than later :P).  Then again, they may already have something along those lines in the works *laugh* I only recently found WM personally :P during the wait for Slave Maker 3 to be released (which is both good and bad *laugh* since I now have TWO such games to distract me :P), so I don't know everything they have in the works for the 1.30 release.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies.

Offline zmikez

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Yeah, these games are ruining my life, (kindve) lol instead of doing schoolwork as soon as I get to college, I check this forum. You know you're a pervert when.......

I actually agree with you, trait targeting is a good idea. Whether you target large breasts or tsundere types and whatnot.

Also, we need more monster girls :)