Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025362 times)

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1320 on: April 23, 2015, 05:54:38 PM »
Quote from: aevojoey
- Do not use ani for profile pics - it may cause memory problems, but I forget.
Heh. I see it.

Are scripts under the most focus right now as a new feature? Customize-able scripts, that is?

How possible or probable would it be to code values increasing stat/experience/gold gains? For example, adding traits that would increase the girl's money earned by 10%. Or one that would increase all the experience points she gets by 10%.

I saw what you did with the "Homeless" and "Adventurer" traits, gave them an effect of increasing the chances a girl can escape.
Why not take this further, and create a whole wide variety of classes for girls separate from traits, with their own unique passive(well, to be fair, passive is the only option since there is no such thing as active abilities) effects?
Like, for example, a "Nun" class would increase all morality gains (both negative and positive). Or she'd passively gain morality by praying every day.
A system similar to this could also be given to the girl's race.
Basically, separate a girl's pre-whore profession/class  and her race to new "super" traits, that wouldn't be traits, but just her "Class" and "Race", standing in her description somewhere below her name and age. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:19:08 PM by 0nymous »

Offline crazy

« Reply #1321 on: April 23, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »
I'll make a replay to some of things I need wrote web I get home from work typing on phone is a pain in the ass. But as for the post above me doing traits that give boosts to xp or gold would be easy to do.

Offline crazy

« Reply #1322 on: April 24, 2015, 01:59:25 AM »
I've been working on a possible DefaultInteractStudio script, and I have a basic framework for that. What kind of other things do you need help with?
Working on scripts might be a better use of your time but Ill list a few things I could use help with.
1-I would like more things said when giving girls gifts.  Right now it says one things based off how she feels about u.  So if she hates you u get the same thing every time if she loves you get the same thing etc having a few more would be nice.
2-I need idea for hobby girls would do on there freetime.  Basically look at the trait list and be like well a nerd would read a book or play video games and so on.
3-You could think about traits a girl could lose or gain from doing jobs.
4- When a prego girl gets injurys and loose the baby it always says Her unborn child has been lost due to the injuries she sustained, leaving her quite distraught.  But gotta figure some girls wont care based of traits so some of those would be nice.
5- Basically any time a girl with low lvl skill in a sex type has sex of that type it says. Her inexperience hurt her a little or some such.. Would like more for this.

Honestlly I could keep going and going.  Writing is a hard part for me and a lot of times when I sit down to code I end up doing nothing as I can't figure out what to write lol.  We could really get into somethings and say I need help with writing things for when girls go on dates but thats only if you would want to.  Im looking for someone or a few people who can write things in their spare time for me to add cause it will be much easier for me to get coding then.  No coding skill required Ill handle that part.  If nothing makes sense I can do a better job explaining if I wasn't so tried so just ask for more info if its needed

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1323 on: April 24, 2015, 03:07:44 PM »
Are scripts under the most focus right now as a new feature? Customize-able scripts, that is?
I'm a little random in what I work on most of the time.
I did some work on scripts in WME but got on to something else.
Currently I am adding 3 jobs and updating 1 to use a new method to create items.
I am probably going to pull out the changes I started to .itemsx files because I have had little time to work on them.
I will use a hard coded item creation for the 4 jobs until I figure out how I can best allow for customizing of .itemsx files.
Kind of like scripts, how best to make items easiest for players to customize is actually kind of hard.

How possible or probable would it be to code values increasing stat/experience/gold gains? For example, adding traits that would increase the girl's money earned by 10%. Or one that would increase all the experience points she gets by 10%.
"Quick Learner" already increases exp and stats for most jobs while "Slow Learner" reduces it.
Several traits go into job performance which affects her pay.

I saw what you did with the "Homeless" and "Adventurer" traits, gave them an effect of increasing the chances a girl can escape.
Why not take this further, and create a whole wide variety of classes for girls separate from traits, with their own unique passive(well, to be fair, passive is the only option since there is no such thing as active abilities) effects?
Like, for example, a "Nun" class would increase all morality gains (both negative and positive). Or she'd passively gain morality by praying every day.
A system similar to this could also be given to the girl's race.
Basically, separate a girl's pre-whore profession/class  and her race to new "super" traits, that wouldn't be traits, but just her "Class" and "Race", standing in her description somewhere below her name and age.
Adding Class and Race could be done but then every .(r)girlsx file would have to be updated for it.
Start writing up some Class and Race stuff with what they do and we will find a way to make it happen.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1324 on: April 24, 2015, 07:06:31 PM »
Adding Class and Race could be done but then every .(r)girlsx file would have to be updated for it.
Yeap. Pretty much.
Unless you find a way to somehow automatically convert already existing traits into the new ones.  So if a girl has a trait named "Adventurer" in version 1, it'd automatically flag her class as "Adventurer" version 2, removing the old trait in the process as well.
That sounds overly complicated and would most likely cause a clusterfuck of bugs.

Same applies to any possible Trait, Stats, Skills reworks, I'd imagine. I know Traits are getting optional customization, don't know if there's any plans for reworking stats/skills.
"Quick Learner" already increases exp and stats for most jobs while "Slow Learner" reduces it.Several traits go into job performance which affects her pay.
Forgot about those. Guess what I meant to know though was how possible would it be to set those properties as customize-able for traits once they're implemented.
Start writing up some Class and Race stuff with what they do and we will find a way to make it happen.
Already got a couple ideas.
Shall I make a new thread?
This forum is getting sort of unwieldy due to the rather chaotic way of posting, I'm not sure if it'd be proper to trash it with more topics.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:09:10 PM by 0nymous »

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #1325 on: April 24, 2015, 10:09:15 PM »
If you think that you have a solid guideline of sorts for starting a race/class implementation, I would recommend starting a new thread for it to keep it all consolidated.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1326 on: April 24, 2015, 10:58:12 PM »
3-You could think about traits a girl could lose or gain from doing jobs.

A few ideas:

Bar Singer - Idol (high Fame required).
Bar Stripper - Agile, Exhibitionist.
Bar, Hall, Brothel, Street Whore - Slut.
Brothel Stripper - Agile, Exhibitionist.
Film Strip - Agile.
Film Sex/Oral/Group/BDSM/Titty/etc - Slut (enjoy sex requirement).
Monster rape (in the catacombs) - Futanari (rare).

Offline crazy

« Reply #1327 on: April 24, 2015, 11:53:27 PM »
Bar Singer - Idol (high Fame required).
Bar Stripper - Agile, Exhibitionist.
Bar, Hall, Brothel, Street Whore - Slut.
Brothel Stripper - Agile, Exhibitionist.
Film Strip - Agile.
Film Sex/Oral/Group/BDSM/Titty/etc - Slut (enjoy sex requirement).
Monster rape (in the catacombs) - Futanari (rare).
Nice thanks.  Added most of them.  Keep them coming

Offline Sorren

« Reply #1328 on: April 27, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »
Any writers out there want to help out with the mod some?

Been toying with some ideas for scripts but slowly working my way through all my girls first and updating their traits, removing duplicates (girls and images), expanding some and creating others.

Speaking of which, superheroes and etc could benefit from a nickname/alias option in the name options. That way we can have the commonly known name displayed and have their actual name as well for offspring purposes, plus possibly have their real name display as unknown and have a reveal via script when they love the player or when they break.

Offline MMeer

• Monocle Kyubey
« Reply #1329 on: April 27, 2015, 04:31:32 PM »
Speaking of which, superheroes and etc could benefit from a nickname/alias option in the name options. That way we can have the commonly known name displayed and have their actual name as well for offspring purposes, plus possibly have their real name display as unknown and have a reveal via script when they love the player or when they break.

Agreed. A lot of characters in anime and comics go by aliases, and it can be kind of weird for their kids to be named after the alias instead of their real name.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1330 on: April 27, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »
Agreed. A lot of characters in anime and comics go by aliases, and it can be kind of weird for their kids to be named after the alias instead of their real name.
I think I mentioned a naming system like First name -> Last name -> Nickname (or alias)
All three would be optional but at least a first name or nickname would be obviously required. In the scripts the girl is referred to by her nickname.  If no nickname can be found then by her first name.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1331 on: April 29, 2015, 07:04:03 AM »
I have a question to someone with more WM script knowledge than me.
Is it possible to start a script when a girl loses a specific trait (zombie for example)
and is it possible to start a meetscript when you buy a slave at the slavemarket?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1332 on: April 29, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »
I have a question to someone with more WM script knowledge than me.
Is it possible to start a script when a girl loses a specific trait (zombie for example)
and is it possible to start a meetscript when you buy a slave at the slavemarket?
Currently neither of those are available.
Adding the slave market scripts would be fairly easy but the traits would require a lot of work.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #1333 on: April 29, 2015, 02:57:12 PM »
My general idea was to make a zombiegirl into a slave and write a little story for her in a slavemarket script
and some more story when/if the player resurrects her in whatever way.
Well its up to the players imagination then and i'll stick to the normal meetscript.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #1334 on: April 29, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »
My general idea was to make a zombiegirl into a slave and write a little story for her in a slavemarket script
and some more story when/if the player resurrects her in whatever way.
Well its up to the players imagination then and i'll stick to the normal meetscript.

Could you work the story into a meetscript and a resurrection item text? Seen a few items with "radiant" text when used, so perhaps that's a workaround. That said you'd need it to be a unique item you buy whilst spending time with her, which in and of itself would be a good interaction to have.

So it'd be:
Code: [Select]
Spend time with her
● Chance to improve or decrease happiness, love/hate, obedience & etc via generic events
● Chance to run a custom event or girl specific event with possible rewards
● Chance for sex/rape (Player and NPC)
● Upgrades to Take out on a date