Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

New City: Abby's Prospect (Speculative)

<< < (5/5)

Midnight_Amratha:
this whole editing of things make me think of the old and tried game called "Bard's Tale" for the relic called Amiga 500. they also had a "map -editor" but i'm not sure that's what you're aiming at.  any ideas from that game?

DocClox:
Never played Bard's Tale, although I heard it was good in it's day.  What I want to do is:

* Re-skin the interface. Basically I'll be using an update version of the steampunk UI I wrote a while back. The UI is unmaintained at the moment (I needed to change game to do what I wanted with the interface) but the screenshots will give you an idea of the look and feel I'm after.
* Add some new game mechanics. Things in Abby's Crossing (I'm changing the name) sometimes work a bit differently to crossgate. Some of the screens will have different buttons, there may be some entirely new screens. Some existing buttons will do subtly different things.
* New items, new rooms. Abby's has a stronger technological bias that Crossgate, albeit in a sort of victorian/art deco sort of way. Some items are going to be existing ones with names and descriptions changed to fit the new setting. Others (assuming no has the same ideas and puts them in Crossgate) are going to be entirely new.
* New events. There's a story of sorts I want to tell here. The player is trying to dominate a new city, but he's going to get caught up in a larger chain of events.
* No new girls though. If only because I expect them all to be in Crossgate by the time I get this done.So in some ways, it's a lot like the difference between Fallout and Fallout 2: same engine, same basic game, but some of the graphics have been changed, and the story differs in a number of respects.

Also, I want to provide a template for anyone else who wants to do a city mod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version