Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 104664 times)

Offline CherryWood

Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
Not sure if it's included yet or answered before, but how to Setup Team for Arena 2vs2 or 3vs3 Fights?
In girl's profile screen, on top bar, there is a button
"AG"  =  add girl to team
or
"RG" = remove girl from team

Also, there's "IT" = item transfer

Also, in Hero profile, there is button
"Show PT"
from where you can see your team and also remove girls from it, '"RG" button again

So basically, you have to go to girl profiles to add them, but you can remove them from almost anywhere.
Girls have to be in your team not only for arena, but also if you want take them with you to NPC for training.
Slaves cannot participate in arena fights.

If this is confusing, suggestion on how to do this better are welcomed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:35:58 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Those buttons are way too counterintuitive, especially AG and RG. The last time I was looking for them for thirty minutes or so.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:16:11 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
Those buttons are way too counterintuitive, especially AG and RG. The last time I was looking for them for thirty minutes or so.

We'll improve upon that.

Another thing I just encountered: equipping your free girls with stat-boosting equipment ups the work price.

Is this a problem?

Congratz on the release. Hope the communinity can help finetune the game.

Hey!

Yeah, didn't expect some many small bugs to be uncovered :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Libita

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 02:08:48 PM »
Is this a problem?

My thoughts are like this: I figure that a person's payment should depend on her skills, not the equipment she's handed by her employer. And I am the one paying for the equipment AND the person, so why pay again for using it?
Oh, and it means unequipping resting girls is a valid strategy.
Not a big deal, but IMO one that should be changed eventually.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

My thoughts are like this: I figure that a person's payment should depend on her skills, not the equipment she's handed by her employer. And I am the one paying for the equipment AND the person, so why pay again for using it?
Oh, and it means unequipping resting girls is a valid strategy.
Not a big deal, but IMO one that should be changed eventually.

Oki, the amount she brings in also increases. We'll prolly change the whole wage mechanic anyway :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline RitschRatsch

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 08:06:59 PM »
There is a minor bug on the Upgrade process of the Prostitute

The money it uses is the MC money not her Personal money like it was pre alpha.

One thing ive noticed it becomes litteraly impossible to make more money if you go deeper inside the game like 7 or 8months. You will exceed the 5k limit for sure and the tax is like 10% of the Whole income. If i consider the costs for cleaners and the Rest time and all the taxes then is my only income if any the stuff i sell from Arena....

About the difficulty on Arena i dont really mind it as its good for the long howl and the next tier of monsters dont add much money but the Stat requirement jump is HUGE.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 08:09:01 PM by RitschRatsch »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 04:07:20 AM »
There is a minor bug on the Upgrade process of the Prostitute

The money it uses is the MC money not her Personal money like it was pre alpha.

One thing ive noticed it becomes litteraly impossible to make more money if you go deeper inside the game like 7 or 8months. You will exceed the 5k limit for sure and the tax is like 10% of the Whole income. If i consider the costs for cleaners and the Rest time and all the taxes then is my only income if any the stuff i sell from Arena....

About the difficulty on Arena i dont really mind it as its good for the long howl and the next tier of monsters dont add much money but the Stat requirement jump is HUGE.

I figure MC should pay for that... maybe it can be split in the future or something like that.

Whole income from the brothel, yeah... maybe we should use profit here.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 05:17:09 AM »

Ermm it depends on how you play... for example i stayed with old shack with 2 slave prostitute max rank 3 to avoid the ( customer <-> prostitute lvl penalty ) with items to drop their refinement to minimum so they gained always more than they cost as upkeep... also train their const to 35 fast so you get 3 ap so they work 3 times.. keep at it till their charisma /const are also  near maxed when thier sex acts to 30+ and always keep 1 ap when a girl work so you could defend her if brawl ( never had to defend more than 1 time and im at turn 922 ) from there i made 30k gold and bought the 25k house and stayed in it to test bar/hall/bedroom upgrades..

One thing i noticed on the other hand is the crazy xp ammount they get at some lvl or lvl/rank.. like 7575 xp per sex act ( turn 922 but ) * 4 when 4ap ( you get 4 ap reatching 135 const ) also shes lvl 107 lol she did reach 300 sex acts at lvl 101 so would need that lvl amount to get max benefit ( seem crazy tho lol )

whats missing are some items ( from repo version ) and mostly trait gain/lose on some condition/work chance ( my point of view )

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 05:37:03 AM »
Ermm it depends on how you play... for example i stayed with old shack with 2 slave prostitute max rank 3 to avoid the ( customer <-> prostitute lvl penalty ) with items to drop their refinement to minimum so they gained always more than they cost as upkeep... also train their const to 35 fast so you get 3 ap so they work 3 times.. keep at it till their charisma /const are also  near maxed when thier sex acts to 30+ and always keep 1 ap when a girl work so you could defend her if brawl ( never had to defend more than 1 time and im at turn 922 ) from there i made 30k gold and bought the 25k house and stayed in it to test bar/hall/bedroom upgrades..

One thing i noticed on the other hand is the crazy xp ammount they get at some lvl or lvl/rank.. like 7575 xp per sex act ( turn 922 but ) * 4 when 4ap ( you get 4 ap reatching 135 const ) also shes lvl 107 lol she did reach 300 sex acts at lvl 101 so would need that lvl amount to get max benefit ( seem crazy tho lol )

whats missing are some items ( from repo version ) and mostly trait gain/lose on some condition/work chance ( my point of view )

Yey! Strategies are being developed, that's awesome!

They are not missing, there is just no way of getting those items :( We'll look into it on the next serious update. For now, there is a whole bunch of bugs crawling around that gotta be squashed :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 05:45:29 AM »
Still if the game becomes difficult for people who are only casually playing it e.g. not developing a certain stratagy it could be a problem, worth looking at perhaps
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline RitschRatsch

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »

Well im way past this point mate.
I did similar and went straight for the 25k House and once you have it with 4 or 5 Girls then is it almost imposible to keep going as you will make more then 5k a week then cleaning costs skyrocket as well!!!
Using a slave wont help either because their Upkeep raises with stats as well which makes no sense to me but well.

The line is 4 girls once you cross it then you are in for some major trouble pushing stats down is somewhat silly i did not even send them to school to max their XXX stats because i noticed how the wage climbed every day.

I guess if you max your girls XXX stats to their max 135/135 then i assume i would even go past the 5k with 2 girls because it seems XXX stats are weighted more heavily on the Income/wage formular

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »

Well im way past this point mate.
I did similar and went straight for the 25k House and once you have it with 4 or 5 Girls then is it almost imposible to keep going as you will make more then 5k a week then cleaning costs skyrocket as well!!!
Using a slave wont help either because their Upkeep raises with stats as well which makes no sense to me but well.

The line is 4 girls once you cross it then you are in for some major trouble pushing stats down is somewhat silly i did not even send them to school to max their XXX stats because i noticed how the wage climbed every day.

I guess if you max your girls XXX stats to their max 135/135 then i assume i would even go past the 5k with 2 girls because it seems XXX stats are weighted more heavily on the Income/wage formular

I am already working on clearing bugs, maybe there is something that can be done about this before we recode the whole thing as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline RitschRatsch

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 07:42:04 AM »
Cool :)

One thing i noticed as well is some School lessions cost way past 500G a day.
Girl "Airi" causes errors when you try to open her Inventory page:

File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - arena_outside.rpy", line 234, in script call
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 11, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 15, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file 'content/chars/Queen's_Blade/Airi/Airis_scythe.png'.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 07:51:12 AM »
Girl "Airi" causes errors when you try to open her Inventory page:

File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - arena_outside.rpy", line 234, in script call
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 11, in script
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 15, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file 'content/chars/Queen's_Blade/Airi/Airis_scythe.png'.
Xela created some confusion when he put my and DarkTl's pack together.  :)

In Airi's folder, in Airi_start_id.rpy file, now the filepatch to item icon don't match. For alpha, it should be:
Code: [Select]
item.icon = "content/chars/Queens_Blade/Airi/Airis_scythe.png"

But I'm not sure if changing that will work in already running game. Probably not.
(If you want to make a dirty-fix for that mid-game, you'll have to put that .png file from Airi folder into that location game wants it in error report)

I've corrected that in DB link in my thread.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:57:06 AM by CherryWood »

Offline RitschRatsch

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »
Xela created some confusion when he put my and DarkTl's pack together.  :)

In Airi's folder, in Airi_start_id.rpy file, nows the filepatch to item icon don't match. For alpha, it should be:
Code: [Select]
item.icon = "content/chars/Queens_Blade/Airi/Airis_scythe.png"

But I'm not sure if changing that will work in already running game. Probably not.
(If you want to make a dirty-fix for that mid-game, you'll have to put that .png file from Airi folder into that location game wants it in error report)

I've corrected that in DB link in my thread.

I see thanks but i think ill start over with the next Patch. (secuirity is for now not needed and makes advancing so much harder as it does not provide income)

One thing i qanted to ask is if you guys plan any kind of Training system for the MC because its quite hard to improve his non combat stats :(