devolution

Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 105319 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:37 AM »

Taxes system needs to be improved quite a bit to make more sense...

On that topic maybe deduct some clothing/items you bought for you and your girls that week from taxes like in RL

I remember the traits request but once again, not sure what to do with it. It's better to come up with a new trait or effect that effects upkeep because if I put too many crutches in the game, there will be no end to them creating bugs and inconsistencies when logic is more advanced in the future.

Maybe a mc trait ( with ranks ) like slave trainer.. but would need the slavetraining first

Offline lamoli

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »
About the stat Character... will it be used for obedience/refusal lvls on jobs/interaction or will you add something else for that ?
and if not what will it be used for ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:21 AM »
About the stat Character... will it be used for obedience/refusal lvls on jobs/interaction or will you add something else for that ?
and if not what will it be used for ?

I am not sure yet. I think it will be something like "stubbornness". Like how difficult it would be to get a girl to submit and accept that she is a slave. We'll have to add even more stats to make the new modules work obviously...
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 07:38:15 AM »
I liked the WM rebeliousnes as it used love/pay/obedience/spirit.. ( disposition/pay/?/character )

and this system was great to lower the pay slider on free girls

and based on how high/low it was you could do/ask less/more of your girls
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:43:31 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:05 AM »
I liked the WM rebeliousnes as it used love/pay/obedience/spirit.. ( disposition/pay/?/character )

and this system was great to lower the pay slider on free girls

and based on how high/low it was you could do/ask less/more of your girls

There is a slider in PyTFall as well, it works in similar way only with different stats.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 08:55:45 AM »
There is a slider in PyTFall as well, it works in similar way only with different stats.

Yeah i tryed it then looked code up.. only thing it does its dropping joy by x based on how much you lower it and same for dispo if its below 700..

no way to get a -50% wages if girls loves/hate you and has a realy low character(will to be broken) or high obedience / low stubbornness ( doesnt exist atm ) without big minus on joy/dispo..

where im going with that is.. the - on stats shoulnd start at less than 100% depending on how much she loves you/character is lowered/obedience(stubbornness)

as for jobs who needs high character.. the obedience(stubbornness) factor can be used to compensate..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
I thought it was more than that... oh well, tis been a while since I've revisited that code. There is a code review planned soon, some things can be improved then I expect.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2014, 02:47:44 AM »
Can it be that with the latest patch.. the hero doens't heal anymore when he does nothing?

Earlier, when the hero wasn't fighting he would heal.. but now my health stays the same.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2014, 02:56:00 AM »
Can it be that with the latest patch.. the hero doens't heal anymore when he does nothing?

Earlier, when the hero wasn't fighting he would heal.. but now my health stays the same.

Changed that a little bit.

Before:

you just get x amount of base stats restored.

After:

you get the same x amount restored for every AP left an the days end (or nothing for 0 AP). Making idly resting instead of taking actions more purposeful as well as leaving 1 AP at the end of the day to defend the girls.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »
Hmm. Is it possible to earn an increasement of the AP points then? Coz with 3 I usually am done very quickly.. dunno if the patch helped qua taxes... but that was bleeding me dry.. only the arena helped me gain enough cash... with Ap for recovery too.. you can't do much else but fight, recover  and do a job to keep the $ flowing north...

Could be I doing something wrong though.. it's my first play through.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
Hmm. Is it possible to earn an increasement of the AP points then? Coz with 3 I usually am done very quickly.. dunno if the patch helped qua taxes... but that was bleeding me dry.. only the arena helped me gain enough cash... with Ap for recovery too.. you can't do much else but fight, recover  and do a job to keep the $ flowing north...

Could be I doing something wrong though.. it's my first play through.

Buy an item that increases constitution, you should get +1 AP.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Marquis

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »
I unexpectedly ran into the Game Over screen. I'm not sure how that happened and couldn't replicate it, but that's not my problem.  :)  I tried getting out of that screen using <esc>, <space>, <enter>, etc. but nothing worked. I play in 'full scree' so there was no 'close window X' in the upper right and I had to ctrl-alt-del to close it. Is there a way of exiting/closing the 'Game Over' screen?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
I unexpectedly ran into the Game Over screen. I'm not sure how that happened and couldn't replicate it, but that's not my problem.  :)  I tried getting out of that screen using <esc>, <space>, <enter>, etc. but nothing worked. I play in 'full scree' so there was no 'close window X' in the upper right and I had to ctrl-alt-del to close it. Is there a way of exiting/closing the 'Game Over' screen?

It's not some button you've accidentally pushed. Literally, the only way to get there is to have MC's HP (health) to reach 0. Currently it can happen if: You equip an item that either reduces health (damages you) or reduces health when it's effects are reversed (temporary consumables are excluded from such an effect, they will reduce heath on reverse to 1 but never kill you), also possible, if there are misc items that reduce health and increase other stats on daily basis (I am not the items designer so Dark would know if such a thing exists). The other way is to keep your MC living on the streets, it will slowly kill you until HP run out.

All other ways are not accessible in the Alpha. Maybe I've missed something but that's not likely, the effect is automated, it doesn't matter where it happens, 0 HP = Death. Same for any of the girls, if their HP reaches 0, they will be removed from your team/employment/enslavement/game and will exist only in a location called "Afterlife". When we have religion, it will be possible to resurrect them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:31:43 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
^I believe the problem is that you have to use ctrl+alt+delete to exilt from the game over screen, not game over itself  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »
^I believe the problem is that you have to use ctrl+alt+delete to exilt from the game over screen, not game over itself  :D

LoooL

Ok, I totally missed that! Will fix it tomorrow (doubt I'll have any time for coding tonight).
Like what we're doing?