devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3788524 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9840 on: October 31, 2017, 02:26:54 PM »
We want to know which characters you want to see in our games. Please make sure to vote!

Offline grishnak

« Reply #9841 on: December 07, 2017, 01:53:33 PM »
It is a bit sad you are moving the development discussion, since discord is no option for me :(

Maybe you can answer a quick question anyway: Have you had an unicode decode error after updating to the last renpy version (i think 6.99+)? If so, how do you avoid/fix it? I hesitate to load/convert/save all used text files.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9842 on: December 10, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
No, nothing like it. I believe all files in our games use unicode. They were created either in notepad+ or atom, they both are reliable editors.

Offline grishnak

« Reply #9843 on: December 10, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
Then it must be a problem with system settings :( Even if i download the version from github and start it in renpy i get the unicode error. I hoped it was not a thing between renpy and my system...thanks for the answer!

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9844 on: January 08, 2018, 12:14:26 PM »
A small demo with one of our best scenes, enjoy  :)

https://mega.nz/#!X4FGgZ5A!DyB_UeFrt2jwAHZLtSyxHFP_8FyBOPkM1mmg3DKQ-vE

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9845 on: January 30, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »
We are getting close to PF beta release!

Meanwhile check the new GiBC public release.

Offline krakr

« Reply #9846 on: May 15, 2018, 05:34:10 PM »
I'd like to know how many stat points 1 star represents. Once I know that, perhaps I'll half-ass an FAQ post that will answer some of the most asked questions.
I know it's capped on certain girls & stuff & gets a bit complicated, I'll have to review my own posts to answer the question about caps, it was explained to me a long time ago.
Something to do with getting critical skills maxed first I think. See? i don't even know shit & I've forgotten more. FAQ is a good place to start as long as ppl participate & share knowledge.
will have to be based on just game mechanics since everything els is a work in progress.
IDK if I was OP on such a post if I'd be able to edit forever, some forums are weird like that. will have to look into that, otherwise I'd be begging mods & shit.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #9847 on: October 04, 2018, 06:24:29 AM »
Progress is slow but this game looks very promising.  I have a question though - how to get a girl to do whore job if she doesn't have a prostitute rank?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9848 on: October 05, 2018, 06:57:36 AM »
She will agree to do more depending on disposition and her traits. But in some cases in can be impossible without the whore class.

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #9849 on: October 05, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
She will agree to do more depending on disposition and her traits. But in some cases in can be impossible without the whore class.

From what I've seen how the game works, is it possible to get her to try new jobs at all? Even with max disposition it doesn't seem to actually make a difference. For example if you give her the stripper pole, would she work as a stripper?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9850 on: October 06, 2018, 06:05:09 AM »
If she is a whore, she'll strip... if she is a free warrior, it might not be possible to arrange that. Or even if she agrees, disposition and joy will drop to quickly to make it reasonable, not mentioning that she'll be a shitty stripper...
Like what we're doing?

Online Torres

« Reply #9851 on: October 15, 2018, 10:51:53 PM »
This game looks and feels great, loving the RPG aspects, the combat, the dungeon crawler thingy, the sound effects... boy I stumbled upon this game by checking the 8chan forums for Freecities, but this is more my alley! you guys need to announce this game somewhere.

Quick question, I've added the characters that come with a .json file to the /content/chars folder but the others to the /rchars/random... and I see no difference yet on the girls appearing ingame. :/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:02:18 AM by Torres »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9852 on: October 22, 2018, 05:19:54 AM »
This game looks and feels great, loving the RPG aspects, the combat, the dungeon crawler thingy, the sound effects... boy I stumbled upon this game by checking the 8chan forums for Freecities, but this is more my alley! you guys need to announce this game somewhere.

Quick question, I've added the characters that come with a .json file to the /content/chars folder but the others to the /rchars/random... and I see no difference yet on the girls appearing ingame. :/

/content/chars contain "unique characters", usually the ones that player knows or cares about.
/content/rchars/ are the "random characters", those are used to populate the world and there can be any number of each in the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline teitogun

• Will you be my slave?
« Reply #9853 on: October 27, 2018, 02:02:29 AM »
As incredible promise this game shows, unfortunately I can't say I enjoy it yet due to some gripes.
There are far too many unexplained blocks. For example a girl refuses to use some items that I give to her, even though I've maxed disposition. It's also unclear how to get her to do certain activities, like try new jobs.

I do sincerely hope that the devs would continue development on this game, since I believe it beats similar games (such as Whoremaster and Brothel King) by a mile.

There's also a lot of inexplicable game breaking bugs such as crash on save/load.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:05:56 AM by teitogun »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9854 on: October 29, 2018, 08:49:41 AM »
As incredible promise this game shows, unfortunately I can't say I enjoy it yet due to some gripes.
There are far too many unexplained blocks. For example a girl refuses to use some items that I give to her, even though I've maxed disposition. It's also unclear how to get her to do certain activities, like try new jobs.

Yeah, it looks like we need some more explanations of the game world rules...

There's also a lot of inexplicable game breaking bugs such as crash on save/load.

Beta is not expected to have game breaking bugs at release.
Like what we're doing?