Author Topic: balancing girls  (Read 18641 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: balancing girls
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »
Best way would probably be to back up your Characters folder and then remove all .girls files and all but one rgirls, and then put in that a single girl with the starting stats you want for your simulation. Then all the girls start identical.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
Add another condition to your simulations.  For both Simulation A and B, buy new girl as soon as you have the gold.  For A, have the newly bought girls  start working.  For B, train them and then set them to work.

If you run it under the conditions of the first set, the income gap gets larger in favor of trained girls.  In the second set, the income gap gets larger in favor of untrained girls.

How are you doing the simulation by the way?

I created the 5 girls with the appropriate stats for each set of tests, then I chuck all my other girl packs and start a new game.  On turn 1, I set up the brothel (buy strip bar, hire staff/gang/matron, auto buy potions, etc.), save the game and quit.  Rename the save files to "Test.gam" and "Test.gam.mast" (enables cheat mode -  which does many things, the only relevant one being that you can take an unlimited number of walks in the city each turn and each one gets you a free girl).  Take 5 walks to get 5 girls, save the game, and quit.  Load save under the brothel name (the game always saves under the brothel name, so the "Test" files don't get overwritten here - all cheats are now disabled), set house percentage to 95% for all girls, and assign girls to their appropriate duties (run A gets brothel duty, run B gets training duty).  Let time pass, interfering when the matron screws up, the guard gang gets the shit kicked out of it, etc.  Save frequently so you can go back in time if one of the girls dies on you.  In run B, frequently check on the status of the girls training; it takes about 8 months for a girl with 0's across the board to get to max out all skills and stats (training time doesn't vary between sets).  The 5th girl in the training runs will max out after the other girls.  Put girls on brothel duty when they max out.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
it takes about 8 months for a girl with 0's across the board to get to max out all skills and stats (training time doesn't vary between sets).

How long does it take with a maxed out person helping things along?  They're supposed to give a boost.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 11:54:17 AM »
To my knowledge, fully trained girls don't, and have never, given a bonus to other girls training.  It is one of the ideas that has been thrown around the forum, but it hasn't been implemented.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
Then someone needs to change what it says for the training option, because it's said so from day 1.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
I never noticed that line in the description, though it has been some months since I actually read any of the descriptions, so maybe I just forgot.  In any case, I'll run a test to see if a fully trained girl will accelerate the training of others.

[Edit]

I take it back - fully trained girls provide a HUGE bonus to training other girls.  4 girls with 0's across the board + 1 fully trained girl (placed in the last roster spot, so it doesn't matter that she gets the penalty for training "alone") equals 5 fully trained girls in about 3 months, instead of 8.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:07:08 PM by zodiac44 »