devolution

Author Topic: "This application has failed to start because ..."  (Read 4129 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
"This application has failed to start because ..."
« on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:45 AM »
Continuing from the old board: basically I have a laptop where installing the VS2008 runtime wasn't enough to clear the error. It was an odd one: it happened under XP (downgraded from Vista) it happened under wine on Linux, and it happened under XP running on virtualbox. All of these work fine on my desktop machine, so I should be able to get one of them running on the laptop.

Anyway - last night I installed VS C++ express on my laptop and, not surprisingly, WM now works, at least under XP. So, there's something else in the VS install that's needed and that's not covered by the runtime.

Not much help, but it gets us a little further forward.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: "This application has failed to start because ..."
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
Indeed it does.... i'm really curious as to what it is
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline sirurza

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
For me, I can think when I try to use items created by me or shared by a fellow Special.item.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 05:38:03 PM »
I'm curious too, the VS redist should have everything... but then its not like MS hasn't forgotten to include stuff before. I'm looking into solutions right now.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)