Author Topic: Whore Master Patch  (Read 191936 times)

Offline Aika

Re: Whore Master Patch
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 12:28:06 AM »
At this point I think I'm going to have to rework the scripts before I can release the next update. I've just finished removing all bestiality from the game, and added the 4 new image categories of Oral, Masturbation, Ecchi, and Combat. That's going to throw a wrench into a few scripts, especially since I also removed the bestiality skill and replaced it in all cases with the Oral Sex skill.

Currently testing the new image categories to make sure they're displaying properly.

Edit: Image testing is done, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that EX girl image packs are working as well, if you convert the .girlsx or .rgirlsx file to be compatible with this version.

Now for a real crossroad decision: SHOULD I incorporate EX's coretraits.traits file? This would mean 100% compatibility with EX girl packs, but would also mean I have to follow in FUTURE's footsteps a little more than I would like. I would like to have my own set of traits for the girls in my game, but that would mean breaking girlsx and rgirlsx compatibility with both EX and the regular game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:20:16 AM by Aika »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:51:01 AM »
Your the one doing all the work. So it would be your call :D
Though, adding his thefutures stuff in would save alot of time when it comes to girl packs. But yeah, it -is- your call in the end :D

Offline Popuri

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 09:35:19 AM »
I would say go with your own trait list.  It wouldn't take much to adjust any existing girl packs to use your new traits, since the editor should automatically use the new ones.

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
I agree with Popuri.
Create your own trait list, add your own and make it so that they have a greater influence on the jobs.
And have fun. A lot.

Offline EthanEverhart

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:35 PM »
What do you mean "incorporat[ing] Ex's coretraits.traits file"?
What would that do exactly?
The reason I'm asking is because I know that Sgb, one of the senior members, wasn't too happy with what EX did to WM's traits.
He said that, and I quote, "EX largely ignores what's written in the girls.xml files and randomizes it. Hence stats and traits you spent time customizing based on each character are thrown out the window, and the only thing that remains is the name and imageset."

Offline Popuri

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 01:01:27 AM »
EX had its own set of traits, different from regular Whoremaster.  Thing is, FUTURE based his mod on the traits for almost all character growth.  All girls had their stats capped at 20 each when loaded, and I think skills were capped at 0.  Every single stat gain was done via traits, and many of the traits required other traits to learn them (i.e. tiers).  So you might carefully design a girl for the game, only to have EX trim all the stats you gave her to 20 then figure it out from the traits.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:48 AM »
"EX largely ignores what's written in the girls.xml files and randomizes it. Hence stats and traits you spent time customizing based on each character are thrown out the window, and the only thing that remains is the name and imageset."
Well, if we'll have enough different traits (more than Future has made in EX), then we'll have much more opportunities to customise our characters.

After all, in original WM it's kinda hard to decide if some character should has, for example, charisma 40 or 50, especially since it doesn't really mean much in the game, while traits allow you to precisely describe any character.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:11:51 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »
Same as the above... EX based the stats of a girl on what traits she had. The stats could be raised in game and by doing so she would gain, or loose, new traits.

Personally I think Aika should just choose what he/she wants to do with traits on his own, regardless of what a senior member thinks. Not trying to be a douche, but the game is open source and i think its fun to see other peoples take on the game aswell. Pretty sure the original creator though so too, seeing as he made it open for anyone to play around with. ^_^

Offline EthanEverhart

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
What did WM do?
Did it base the characters on the traits AND stats?
Could you still 'train' the traits?
It's been a while since I last played.

Offline Aika

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
The next release of this mod will have full image compatibility with EX. As previously stated, if I don't incorporate EX's coretraits.traits file, it's not going to be fully compatible with EX girlsx and rgirlsx files, and I think I'm going to try to make a file extension change to enforce this. The extension will be something like .girlz or rgirlz (just an example, I haven't decided if this is the file extension I'm going to use.)

I am going to try to also release a modified version of the girls editor that will work with my version. I need to learn more C# before this is possible, though, so it's probably best to plan on changing these files by hand at first.

I've been poking at the script editor, but it's pretty broken for my mod. Well, it's pretty broken overall to begin with anyway. I'm still researching what it would take to either write one or modify the one we have, but considering I don't have the source for the one we have, writing a new one is probably the only option. Now if only I had any idea at all about how to go about it...

If anyone would like to assist with either of the latter tasks, here is the technical information you need: I have removed Bestiality as a skill and replaced it with Oral. When the game loads files, it no longer reads "Beastiality" in any of the items or girls files. Instead, it reads for "OralSex", and assigns that to the point in the array for girl skills variables "Beastiality" used to use. Any scrips which modify the variable directly instead of having the game parse "Beastiality" to the variable will still work, but will assign the value to the "OralSex" instead. Nothing else has changed, from a scripting standpoint.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:44:28 AM by Aika »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »
I know that there was an attempt at updating the script editor with lua, I don't know how far that got though.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
I exchanged a couple of PM's with DocClox some time ago, and when I asked about Lua scripting I was told 'That was the big problem with Lua - you need to make a separate access function for each value in the game you want to change, and the game architecture isn't particularly accommodating in that respect.'.  The post I linked earlier includes my modifications to the script editor's functionality.  Not a whole lot I can do to modify the editor itself, though it's fairly simple to change the code game-side, on how it interacts with scripts, and to add new script options to the editor.

Offline Aika

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
I've been withholding my further changes to the game from the downloads while I evaluate how much of my mediafire bandwidth the current downloads are using. When (if) I decide that releasing another mod isn't going to use up all my remaining bandwidth for the month, I'll update the files, soon-ish.

Otherwise, expect the updates in a few weeks.

Offline Popuri

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:14 AM »
I would say post the changed versions, minus the graphics/girls/etc.  My mediafire account doesn't get much use, so I'd be willing to post your game on there, too, if you want.

Offline Lurker

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »
Yeah, release it ^_^
Like Pop said I can add it to my mediafire account aswell if need be.