Author Topic: The CaptC Experience (Scripts and Real Girl Packs)  (Read 322441 times)

Offline Guntag

Re: The CaptC Experience (Scripts and Girl Packs)
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2015, 07:43:02 AM »
Thanks for this update !

An other question about .rgirlsx files : If I completely delete some .rgirlsx files, will the girls generated with those files still "work" ?

I'm asking this because I might try this in order to get some girls more frequently than others, so deleting the files for a while (after saving them somewhere else) could do that, but I'd still like the girls previously generated with those files to "work".

An other way to cheat the frequency of seeing some girls might be to have duplicate files for the same girls, just changing the name of the file (adding 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... at the end of the file). Do you think it would work ?

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2015, 01:45:25 PM »
Thanks for this update !

An other question about .rgirlsx files : If I completely delete some .rgirlsx files, will the girls generated with those files still "work" ?

I'm asking this because I might try this in order to get some girls more frequently than others, so deleting the files for a while (after saving them somewhere else) could do that, but I'd still like the girls previously generated with those files to "work".

An other way to cheat the frequency of seeing some girls might be to have duplicate files for the same girls, just changing the name of the file (adding 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... at the end of the file). Do you think it would work ?

So I did the following experiments:

1) Created a copy of "Aaliyah Love.girlsx" and started a new game. Saved it immediately without doing anything. In the 'list of girl files' at the beginning of the save file, there are two entries for Aaliyah Love, and the stats for Aaliyah Love are saved twice.
2) Deleted the copy of "Aaliyah Love - Copy.girlsx". Restarted the game, saved immediately. There was no apparent change to the save file. Both the deleted filename and the two copies of Aaliyah Love remained.
3) Without changing any files, restarted the game, ran a turn, saved the game again. There was no apparent change to the save file. Both the deleted filename and the two copies of Aaliyah Love remained.
4) Created a copy of "Aaliyah Love - Copy.girlsx".  (Same as the original name). Ran a turn. No apparent change to save file.
5) Created a copy "Aaliyah Love - Copy (2).girlsx". Saved the game without doing anything. There were three filenames in the file list, and three copies of Aaliyah Love in the girls section.

So it looks like your last option will work, at least for .girlsx files. 

I've done no experimentation with .rgirlsx files. They are not kept in a file list that I can find in the save file. Random girls that get turned into an in-game girl are entered in the girls section. My suspicion is that the .rgirlsx files are dynamic for every run, and that the same trick will work - multiple copies of the same random girl file should improve her odds.  But I don't feel like running the trials and the statistical analysis that would be required to verify this hypothesis. Ask a coder, they can tell without experimentation.

Offline Guntag

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer !

Offline Guntag

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »
An other question : I'm only using 06.02.19 + your scripts and girls, I'm just curious to know if you are using something else.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2015, 05:09:22 PM »
I suppose I can keep you up to date on which version I'm using. I'm currently using the patch to .19, the latest version I've found. I generally run with the latest stuff, but I'm not slavish about it.

Offline Guntag

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »
I was also wondering if you were using other people mods for scripts or items for example.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »
Nope. Vanilla.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #187 on: December 28, 2015, 02:35:47 PM »
  • Added Lost Celebrities Zooey Deschanel & Pink (Alecia Moore)
  • Added pics/gifs to Lela Star, Madison Parker, Mia Khalifa, Nicole Sheridan, Nikki Monroe, Britney Spears
  • Dungeon fairies and other stat fixes for Lela Star, Madison Parker, Mia Khalifa, Nikki Monroe

Offline Guntag

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2015, 08:55:56 AM »
Thank you !

Offline Guntag

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2015, 08:58:44 AM »
Actually I don't see anything new in your Mega, maybe you uploaded that in the wrong place ?

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2015, 09:59:43 PM »
Aack. Was having some disk problems and turned off the megasync tool on my computer. It's not accessible at the moment.  When I get back to the computer, I'll turn the sync tool on and the files should start uploading. Sorry about that!

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »
Turned the sync back on, all files should be uploaded correctly.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2015, 06:31:47 PM »
Thanks Capt!

Offline Guntag

« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »
Thank you !

Offline Guntag

« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »
Happy New Year everyone !

I'm making a Little Caprice picture pack right now. I'm getting many gifs, but most of them are too small and some of them might be to large. I found a very simple tool to resize gifs : http://ezgif.com/resize

If you consider doing the pack, should I resize them myself or is it better if you do it yourself Captc (considering there will be more than 30 gifs) ? If I resize them myself, which picture size (width/height) do you suggest ? What about the file size, is there a maximum size for 1 file that I shouldn't exceed ?