Author Topic: Whore Master 1.30.1 beta r485  (Read 45197 times)

Offline LordJerle

Re: Whore Master 1.30.1 beta r452
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 04:41:35 PM »
Sorry, I mean the one that comes with the base 1.30 game. Download the full release if you don't have the file still, open it up, and extract the Characters folder. Then move that into place where you have the game installed.
  if i do so, how i understand, i have a character.safe folder with my own characters and the character folder of the 1.3 release, right?can explain me? ::)
And Thanks for your HELP!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what we're trying to achieve. Then, you'll need to start a new game.If the game runs with the basic 1.30 characters then we know it's one of your girls and we can start tyrying to work out which one it is. If not, the problem is elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

This eerily reminds me of the numerous times I've installed one too many oblivion mods and had to go through OBMM looking for which one is screwing up the game. 
Can a function be written into the girl creator to scan the girls and point out potential problems/conflicts like OBMM has?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
Well, the XML parser should pick up error messages and log them. But they can be hard to find in the general noise of gamelog.txt, and I'm not sure they don't sometimes accept crap.

Basically, I think we've done about as much as we can without an external program with a stricter parser. Although a popup warning might help a lot.

Offline Wert42

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »
Can someone explain how the clicking for jobs is supposed to work? You can´t click twice to do something twice, and if you change scheduel for one girl it seems to affect other girls. Grateful for answer, I´d really like to get the hang of this game.

Offline Draka

Re: Whore Master 1.30.1 beta r485
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »
dled the 485 update..and the game won't open because MSVCP100.dll wasn't found o.o

Offline heavyscythe06

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2010, 07:25:03 PM »
Yup same Error I downloaded r485 and it also wouldn't start due to missing MSVCP100.dll

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator

Offline crouler

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
Sorry about the question, but will there be any more updates, or did you quit doing the game? I loves it, don't quit xD

Offline slpowerhouse

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »
Sorry about the question, but will there be any more updates, or did you quit doing the game? I loves it, don't quit xD

Last I heard the next update will first be released to the people that donated money to the cause and then eventually released to the public,  since I don't have any spare money (being a lowly college student with no job) I would like to request an ETA on the next release for the general public if that is possible.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
Last I heard the next update will first be released to the people that donated money to the cause and then eventually released to the public,  since I don't have any spare money (being a lowly college student with no job) I would like to request an ETA on the next release for the general public if that is possible.

I think you're getting mixed up between necno's next project (My Pet Wife) and WhoreMaster.

So far as I know there are no plans for a staggered release of WM at all. For an ETA for "My Pet Wife", your best bet is to post in the thread for that game.

Offline crouler

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2010, 11:41:42 AM »
I think you're getting mixed up between necno's next project (My Pet Wife) and WhoreMaster.

So far as I know there are no plans for a staggered release of WM at all. For an ETA for "My Pet Wife", your best bet is to post in the thread for that game.

But I ment for this game? Will any new releases be released? Or has it been terminated?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »
Yes, there's at least one major release still in the pipeline, for the Lua scripting. No ETA on that until I'm feeling a bit better after recent operations.

There's also the new map screen still in the pipeline, building management, and a handful of other tweaks and half finished jobs that need to be sorted out.  I had reckoned there was enough to keep me going to the end of the year, but it might take a little bit longer than that.

What I'm not doing is planning any major new features beyond that. So once my current todo list is cleared, I at least will be stopping work on WM. Which isn't to say there won't be bugfix releases and UI improvements, in the future. Or new features if someone else wants to put up with the earache that comes with trying to do anything new for the game.

I'm still not aware of any plans to give subscribers preferential treatment.

Offline crouler

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
Would it continue if there were to be more people offering help? xD Or paying? or anything at all? It's such an awesome game, stealing hours, and hours of my time xD

Also, I can't seem to get any unique girls. In my first save game I met like 4, then I started over, now I can't find any, in any of my new save games. I'm sorry, since I know many others had this problem, but no matter what I did it didn't make it work <.<

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »
Would it continue if there were to be more people offering help? xD Or paying? or anything at all? It's such an awesome game, stealing hours, and hours of my time xD

Probably not, to be honest. There was a terrific row on the subject of which direction (if any) to take the game. I don't want to rehash that here; it's all on the forum if you're interested. The top and bottom of it was that necno said he'd like development parked, at least until we could take some time to assess what we had.  At the end of the day, It's necno's game, so he gets the final say.

On the bright side, I should leave it with a very flexible scripting system, so there's lots of scope for mods in the games future. I also have a sort of "spiritual successor" game, CloneMaster waiting in the wings for when I get this one stable. A lot of the ideas I didn't get to use in WM will be explored in CloneMaster.

Also, I can't seem to get any unique girls. In my first save game I met like 4, then I started over, now I can't find any, in any of my new save games. I'm sorry, since I know many others had this problem, but no matter what I did it didn't make it work <.<

Hmmm... look in your gamelog.txt - see if they are loading.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »
Glad to hear an eta, and and far as features and such game is pretty well finished. Yey! Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Offline crouler

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2010, 10:40:30 AM »

Hmmm... look in your gamelog.txt - see if they are loading.

I don't suppose you would take a look at it for me? xD

http://hotfile.com/dl/66524278/9f18f3a/config.xml.html

I have no idea how it's supposed to look ^^