Poll

What do you want from the Main Character in WM

A character with a well written dialogue and a clearly defined psychological profile
36 (65.5%)
A character who intrudes as little as possible so that players can better project themselves into the role.
19 (34.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 09:00:06 AM

Author Topic: Personality or Not?  (Read 16463 times)

Offline Bluebeholder

Re: Personality or Not?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »
That works for me :)

+20% bonus for BDSM sex while the girl's in jail :)

If that's the case can we send them to the MC's house too? (say for a love boost)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »
Well, I was only going to make the sex better, rather than giving any lasting bonus. In practical terms, that means you get half again the chance to knock them up if they're fertile.

Of course, being in jail, they should probably get a weekly chance of getting knocked up anyway. This is Crossgate, after all.

I'll see how things look once I get some of the bigger items removed from my worklist. I don't want to add anything major if we're going to stabilise things.

Offline Exeed

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
Why not simply use a "choose your own adventure" approach, modifying the successive events by parameters given to the WM trough past events, training style and status at the time.Base everything in stats like sadism/neutral/masochist  Lawful/neutral/Corrupt  traditional/neutral/twisted rich/neutral/poor slaver/neutral/reformist, etc

Then lets say you torture one of you girls you get a sadist+1 since they are your property law is unchanged. Then you execute one of your rivals and get a law -1 sadist +1. That way you can activate and deactivate responses to events depending on the range of each value and further manipulate the values by the reposes of the events.

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »
Not that it has much to do with this topic, it does enough that I feel the need to link to it, but http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=479.0
A topic based on me and Doc's discussion on catacomb missions as pertains to the player.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »
Why not simply use a "choose your own adventure" approach, modifying the successive events by parameters given to the WM trough past events, training style and status at the time.Base everything in stats like sadism/neutral/masochist  Lawful/neutral/Corrupt  traditional/neutral/twisted rich/neutral/poor slaver/neutral/reformist, etc

Then lets say you torture one of you girls you get a sadist+1 since they are your property law is unchanged. Then you execute one of your rivals and get a law -1 sadist +1. That way you can activate and deactivate responses to events depending on the range of each value and further manipulate the values by the reposes of the events.

That sounds incredibly complicated.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 02:19:23 AM »
Hmm.

No issue with personality.  As long as there's enough options for the good, the evil, and the in-between. 

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »

Got something similar to this planned for Clonemaster. The options are going to be in a triangle with the points being Ethical, Lustful and Scientific, and the middle being Normal. Every response you make will move you toward one of those points and where you are on the graph will have an effect on how some scenes are described, and on the sort of dialogue you get when interacting with your girls. I'm hoping to make "chat" somewhat more interesting than it is in WM.

I'd do it for WM, but there's a lot of code to write to support it. I might look at a backport mod if I get it sorted out in clonemaster, though.