Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (Items Concept)  (Read 76343 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Items Concept
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2014, 06:50:28 AM »
Nah, in the future I'd prefer, for example, fire sword that deals a bit of fire damage in addition to usual one instead of giving Fire1 skill.
Since it's impossible right now, Fire1 is sufficient as a placeholder.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:02:55 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2014, 06:58:56 AM »
Nah, in the future I'd prefer, for example, fire sword that deals a bit of fire damage in addition to usual one instead of giving Fire1 skill.
Since it's impossible right now, Fire1 is sufficient as a placeholder.

That's what I've meant but I would like weapons to have animated attacks as well.

Okay thank you for the information, so I keep them to myself  :D

Code: [Select]
      desc="This sword has the power of fire, and can shoot fireballs! But be careful this sword is cursed! if you already know the spell, it will let you forget"

desc="This cursed sword comes with knowledge of Fire. However the moment you put this weapon to rest, the spell shall be forgotten!"
might do.

Feel free to post the item, it doesn't do any harm to the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2014, 07:07:02 AM »
I should either write the code that would allow adding affinities and animated attack to weapons OR this should be a separate magical skill (doesn't require any code from me, just modding).
We have 1 inborn, or should I say, main affinity slot right now.

In the future I want to add one (maybe two?) minor slot that could be changed more easily, but should be less effective.
However, if you have fire sword and water armor, how are you gonna choose which affinity to use? I don't want to add one affinity slot per item type.

So we probably should choose one item slot (I think about head) that will be the only one capable to add a new affinity.

Offline laposteb

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:58 AM »

I do not speak very good English and even with google translation I have not included all ...

So I'd share with swords skills when I'm done or I keep for the next update with Elements?

personally I was left for 3 sword of each element with their special characteristics:
Fire: Attack (sword, not magic)
Water: Life (max health)
Earth Defence
Thunder Magic (magic max) (here one sword not three.)

And chance for see a sword in a shop :
sword 1 : 50 %
sword 2 : 25 %
sword 3 : 10 %

And the original sword its here
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 08:06:45 AM by laposteb »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
We have 1 inborn, or should I say, main affinity slot right now.

In the future I want to add one (maybe two?) minor slot that could be changed more easily, but should be less effective.
However, if you have fire sword and water armor, how are you gonna choose which affinity to use? I don't want to add one affinity slot per item type.

So we probably should choose one item slot (I think about head) that will be the only one capable to add a new affinity.

Sounds messy (in code). Armor/Weapons should not mess with personal affinity and have their own.

So I'd share with swords skills when I'm done or I keep for the next update with Elements?

Please share, we'll improve the whole thing when we get back to battle engine.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
Sounds messy (in code). Armor/Weapons should not mess with personal affinity and have their own.
Not sure how to track them. If you have 6 items equipped, all with different affinity, how to show it in gui and how to use it in battle?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »
Not sure how to track them. If you have 6 items equipped, all with different affinity, how to show it in gui and how to use it in battle?

Only weapons and maybe armor should have affinity. Defense we need a separate calculations for but attacks could prolly work somewhat similar to spells (would still require some code adjustments).
Like what we're doing?

Offline laposteb

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2014, 06:27:45 AM »

It's me again haha  :D
I still and always little problems, nothing too bad.

I created a set of armor for man/woman, when I'm in the store I purchase a large square icon resized which is not really aesthetic:

Then I have another little problem when I look in my inventory my equipped items moves from left to right or right to left. (look at the two images on one another to see the slight difference) :

In inventory list as the images are not centered in the square. I quibble over details, but I prefer notify :)
Or there are dimensions appropriate for images?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »
First issue is easily corrected.

Second issue can be fixed as well I expect, I just need to try something (it's not an alignment typo, one is an image button and the other is just an image so they work of different rules. I think the second pic should become imagebutton without an action as well and this will be fixed).

(I flag both as bugs)
Like what we're doing?

Offline KingofKings

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2014, 09:16:28 AM »
Hey guys, I got a problem that I can't seem to get fixed no matter what I do, so I'm going to place this here so you guys can have a look over it and see what I done messed up again.

And Yes Xel, once I work this out I'll be helping by throwing together a few ideas myself and giving them to you to add, it's a damn addictive game (two all nighters just trying to get this to work properly and about a month on playing for long periods of time) and I want to help make it better, or at least more diverse.

Thank for any time taken to look it over I appreciate it lots.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2014, 09:40:03 AM »
1) File should always start with "items". (rename to: items_fang.xml)
2) You had invalid syntax in your XML file.
3) It is generally bad idea to simply rename files from .jpg to .png (as you did). There are dozens of programs that will convert properly, online and installable.

Correct syntax (I also added attack type, but that wasn't a problem):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<items>
          <item
id="Fang of the Void Dragon"
icon="content/items/voidfang/voiddragon.png"
desc="This Diivine sword is said to be worth the world, and just as powerful, but it currently is free for some unconcievable reason."

slot = 'weapon'
type = 'Sword'
badness = '0'
price = '0'
sex = 'unisex'
        chance = '100'
infinite = 'true'
attack = 'SwordAttack'>

<location name = 'Work Shop'/>
<max attack = '250'/>
<mod attack = '100'/>
<max joy = '100'/>
<max fatigue = '100'/>
<mod refinement = '100'/>
<mod service = '100'/>
<mod intelligence = '100'/>
<mod agility = '100'/>
</item>
</items>

Good luck with further modding (we have a section where you can post updates) :)

Also there are two taggers if you want to make native girl packs, ask if you don't understand something.
Like what we're doing?

Offline KingofKings

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
I'll fix that up, and I don't really do girls, that one is a bit outside my depth, not that good with computers, but making a variety and outlandish weapons, items, armor and such is my best set, and I'll be making a few of them to go into, we may have quite a list already, but it doesn't hurt to have a real diversity of things to use in a game, one item can change an entire playthrough.

Once I get the full thing running, and not screw up expect a few more coming your way, and maybe a new type of item (Extremely unlikely though, you got enough trouble as it is.)

And if you ever need help, lean on me, I'll be here, just don't ask for the winning lotto numbers or and code work, that is still beyond my limited capacities.

Thanks for the help Xel.

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
Hopefully, a couple simple questions.   

I know that some items don't show effects for MC.  Like items that add traits don't show on the Hero/MC Equip menu.  I've been creating new items for my own use (I may share later if I can get them working well),  Some stats get removed when in the Hero/MC Equip menu.  A specific example is I made a Longsword +1  mod attack 10  max attack 20 mod def 5.  It shows the defense in the shop window but the defense disappears in the Hero/MC Equip menu. So, when equipping the MC the tooltip only shows mod attack 10 max attack 20. In the girls equipment window it shows the defense on the tooltip but it does not actually change the defense stat.

So the question is:  Are Stat changes specific to slot or type? As in, Are weapons unable to change the defense stat?

Also, as I understand it items that add to sex skills [normalsex, anal, lesbian, blowjob] have the values divided by 4 for the MC.  Anal 20 for a girl would be Sex 5 (anal 20/4) for the MC.  Is sex a stat that can be used for items intended for MC only?   <mod sex = '10' /> ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
I know that some items don't show effects for MC.  Like items that add traits don't show on the Hero/MC Equip menu.  I've been creating new items for my own use (I may share later if I can get them working well),  Some stats get removed when in the Hero/MC Equip menu.  A specific example is I made a Longsword +1  mod attack 10  max attack 20 mod def 5.  It shows the defense in the shop window but the defense disappears in the Hero/MC Equip menu. So, when equipping the MC the tooltip only shows mod attack 10 max attack 20. In the girls equipment window it shows the defense on the tooltip but it does not actually change the defense stat.

Should be "mod defence" not "mod def". I am not sure why it works in the shops. Weapons should be able to change defence just fine.

Also, as I understand it items that add to sex skills [normalsex, anal, lesbian, blowjob] have the values divided by 4 for the MC.  Anal 20 for a girl would be Sex 5 (anal 20/4) for the MC.  Is sex a stat that can be used for items intended for MC only?   <mod sex = '10' /> ?

Possibly, but that is likely to crash the game if equipped on a girl.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pinkutako

« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
I actually never used "mod def"  I was just saving time typing in the post.  What I did use and was the problem was mod defense instead of mod defence.  I assumed I knew how to spell Defense.  I should have looked into the other files.  Heh, my fault or rather my American English's fault.  We never spell it with a C. :P

Another fun fact I discovered.  You can pretty much put whatever you want into a mod field and the shop window will show it. lol 
check out the attached print screen.  ;D