Im scared that my ideas will shot down hard or rudely
I dont belive evolved will ever be released
Im only here to play not give ideas
I hate/Dislike the developer
Only interested in playing
I just dont have any time to look at it
I do when i have a chance
I Dont like WM and this Evolved will be pretty much a copy

Author Topic: Wm:Evolved  (Read 58935 times)

Offline Uriel

Re: Whore Master Evolved
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
You've updated the version, that's why i thought something new must be available for testing...

Offline MuteDay

• Loving life and PinkPetal Family
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
my next update will have some gameplay, basicly it  is easy to tell what  has been done by looking at version Version = a.b.c.d
a=Massive update of gameplay
b=smaller update of gameplay
c=Large bug fix
d= smaller bug fixes
(so if you only want to test bugs of gameplay wait for a version change in the a or b range
but if your wanting to keep checking what ive done check for any  change)
FYI the update i did was 1 to update the game with the new main menu gui i have and 2 to try to fix a problem another player was having
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline Sharkey

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »

Dunno, who you chose XNA (probably monogame if you want to port) instead of something that allows you to make things incredibly faster in design mode and still can be portable.
For example: Godot Engine(GDScript/C++), Unity3D(C#/JS) etc.
The most important element of this game is GUI. It requires a lot of implementations of controls/widgets of all kind. If you don't have good GUI system, then you're fucked up at start of coding.
Also it would be great to easily port this game to android/ios.
It's good that you do something.
However later you will complain, that you only waste time on things that you could do faster by using more advanced tools.
Don't reinvent the wheel...
If only i hadn't a commercial project, i would be prone to help.

Sorry for my shitty english.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 05:03:08 PM »
Dunno, who you chose XNA (probably monogame if you want to port) instead of something that allows you to make things incredibly faster in design mode and still can be portable.
For example: Godot Engine(GDScript/C++), Unity3D(C#/JS) etc.
The most important element of this game is GUI. It requires a lot of implementations of controls/widgets of all kind. If you don't have good GUI system, then you're fucked up at start of coding.
Also it would be great to easily port this game to android/ios.
It's good that you do something.
However later you will complain, that you only waste time on things that you could do faster by using more advanced tools.
Don't reinvent the wheel...
If only i hadn't a commercial project, i would be prone to help.

Sorry for my shitty english.
if you would have read, im building this for windows only, i choose xna because i dont like how the others feel, can you please leave comments about my choice of engines out of here, please, i am building this not you, i am not trying to be rude
Please Enjoy all the hard work i Do to help make the game and forums a better place :)

Offline TitanSon

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »
Xan i see ur point ... also i see mute's point ... but both of u don't hack at each other  ;D  ... be cool and stay calm ... xan if u think another tool would be better ... why don't u invest time and try to do it .. .and mute ... u could help ur master-brother in any creative way because both of u could combine ur ideas how eah of ur ideas could do better improvements .... thats my opinion and i hope i didnt disrespect any of u

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 05:38:59 PM »
im not trying to be rude, i use xna because it is what i have always used and for me it runs good, im not instrested in porting the game, the game sizes are to large, and with unity the game isnt as easily moddable, and if i wantted c++ i would have just used source code

Offline Sharkey

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 05:48:31 AM »
if you would have read, im building this for windows only, i choose xna because i dont like how the others feel, can you please leave comments about my choice of engines out of here, please, i am building this not you, i am not trying to be rude

I'm also don't want to be rude.
I just want to somehow warn (that's probably wrong word) you.
If you do this for learning purposes - it's ok, but if you do this for anybody else, you should don't run before you can walk.

xan if u think another tool would be better ... why don't u invest time and try to do it .. .

Just because i don't have so many free time to do another project.
And ofcourse i would prefer to play instead of working. ;)
Maybe in february, i will find some time.

i use xna because it is what i have always used and for me it runs good, im not instrested in porting the game, the game sizes are to large, and with unity the game isnt as easily moddable, and if i wantted c++ i would have just used source code

I don't blame you for XNA. I would be hypocrite if i do that.
I have got almost 2 years experience with XNA and i felt comfortable with it.
It's sad that it's not longer supported.
I just wonder why you chose XNA instead of Unity3D (if you prefer C#) or even monogame (it's almost the same architecture as XNA, with great support).

If by game size you mean the files size.
It's pretty simple way to reduce that size, for example data compression.
Simple zip should significantly reduce size without high impact on loading.

If by game size you mean that the project scale is too big.
It's because you're using low level tools.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 05:54:51 AM by Xan »

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »
can we please stop talking about frameworks, this thread is for whore master evolved, it is in xna so please can you move the framwork discussion to its own thread

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 04:58:36 PM »
added me link no new gameplay but few new features

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:17 AM »
please check out the newest version, got alot to do tonight will update logs and other things later
One side not, i forgot to change the version number that shows in the title of the game, but it is just a string so it isnt any biggy

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:03 PM »
updated editor, it is far from complete but it is getting closer

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 03:56:40 PM »
give me few before downloading the editor i missed few things

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
ok editor ready for download enjoy

Offline aizik123

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
im sorry im a little new here, i have really gotten into the WM series. I just downloaded the WM evolved that you just updated just now, and i open up the game, and i hit on new game, i can cant hit the "ok" button to start the game. I'm not sure if i've done something wrong myself, or what, i was just asking to see if that is an issue.

Offline MuteDay

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 08:02:37 PM »
Lol WM: Evolved is currently not a playable game, i just am releasing it so people can see what ive done so far