Author Topic: Writing submissions?  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Anon21

Writing submissions?
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:54 AM »
How about collecting writing submissions to improve some of the event text?

For example, if your slave is beaten when exploring the catacombs this is the text (in 'pseudo code').

[Name] was defeated then [if %NumMon%>1] gang [endif] raped and abused by [%NumMon%] monsters. [if girl->m_Virgin]
That's a hell of a way to lose your virginity; naturally, she's rather distressed by this fact.[endif]

I'm sure people can come up with something better than that.

Ideally the game should load event text from an .XML document so it is easy to mod to taste.  However for the meantime I could put up the altered *.exe file for download.

Some suggested ground rules:

* Please use spoiler tags [spoiler]if they work[/spoiler].

* Please submit text only if you are happy that anybody may use it with their game, and it may be distributed in future versions of Whoremaster. A statement to this fact would probably be a good idea.

* You may include alternative, or optional, text depending on traits the slave has. 'Smallboobs' could have different text to 'big boobs' and 'MILF' could have different text to 'Lolita'.

(Due to contingencies of 'Real Life' I can't promise I'll be around to process submitted text, but I'll do my best.)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Writing submissions?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
Good call, maybe it will be possible to make several entries for different dialogues...

How did you solve the problem when you couldn't compile r635 before? I am still getting:

1>main.cpp(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Revision.h': No such file or directory

whenever I try?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
Good call, maybe it will be possible to make several entries for different dialogues...
I was thinking that would be a good idea.  You could even have individualized dialogues for specific characters (although the sheer number of characters available means that should probably be a low priority task).

How did you solve the problem when you couldn't compile r635 before? I am still getting:

1>main.cpp(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Revision.h': No such file or directory
whenever I try?
I didn't solve it.  I just created a 'revision.h' with the content shown in my original post ( #define svn_revision 636 ).

Yours should be 635 if you haven't messed with it, I suppose. :-)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
I didn't solve it.  I just created a 'revision.h' with the content shown in my original post ( #define svn_revision 636 ).

Yours should be 635 if you haven't messed with it, I suppose. :-)

Many thanks, I am planning to "mess" with it but I need to figure out what's what first...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 02:09:46 PM »
Many thanks, I am planning to "mess" with it but I need to figure out what's what first...

Good luck - I still haven't worked that out. :-P