devolution

Author Topic: OBSOLETE Girl Management Interface Tweak (Rev635)  (Read 17853 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Girl Management Interface Tweak (Rev635)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05:36 AM »
*Shrug* No idea. As far as I know all the settings are default. Unless you're doing a Debug compile instead of a Release compile?

The default setting seems to be to do a Debug compile, but that's not a good idea if you are distributing the .exe later.

If anybody is interested I also have a version where MIN_AGE is a compiler variable set to 17 in cGirls.h.  It has absolutely no effect on gameplay, but it does mean that you can change MIN_AGE in just that location to 16, 18, 21, whatever and recompile.

Rgr. Age thing is not nearly as useful as the other mods, I can't wait until my round is finished to start a new one with the tweaks.

If you have time, can you add Looks, Constitution and House percentage to the girls management screen in brothel? Those are most important stats to keep track of in the long game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 09:11:56 AM »
Looks, Constitution and House percentage

Well, probably, but peeps on the default screen size for the game won't be able to fit them all on. At that point it would probably be more sensible to go the whole hog and add support for user customisation of columns included, a horizontal scroll bar and resizing. All of which can be done (in theory) with a DataGrid instead of a multi-column ListBox. I don't fancy that job, though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
Well, probably, but peeps on the default screen size for the game won't be able to fit them all on. At that point it would probably be more sensible to go the whole hog and add support for user customisation of columns included, a horizontal scroll bar and resizing. All of which can be done (in theory) with a DataGrid instead of a multi-column ListBox. I don't fancy that job, though.

I don't expect many people to play on default settings and redesigning the brother screen is not worth the effort since there is an insane amount of empty space at higher resolutions as it is. Plus I doubt the "Level" stat will stick if a newer official version is out either, it's not important for most ways of gameplay.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 09:30:19 AM »
I don't expect many people to play on default settings

I do.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
I do.

LoL You need more faith in humanity :) Times when 800x600 was a common resolution or people were to technologically inept to edit a .txt file are long gone.

Browser stats taken from w3:

Date
1024x768
800x600
640x480
Other
January 2011
85.1%
13.8%
0.6%
0%
0.5%
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »
No, I mean I play at default resolution:P

I don't browse the Internet at 800x600, but that's different.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:54 AM »
Lmao, I didn't get that :)

Well, it's a matter of preference I suppose.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 02:54:46 PM »
OK, this is an early release (e.g. not quite finished :-P) where I'm working on increasing font size in listboxes and such. This uses a slightly modified 1280 x 1024 UI developed by THE FUTURE (See http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=761.0 )

http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda331394.zip.html

Use at your own risk, backing up original files is advised. :-)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
OK, this is an early release (e.g. not quite finished :-P) where I'm working on increasing font size in listboxes and such. This uses a slightly modified 1280 x 1024 UI developed by THE FUTURE (See http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=761.0 )

http://www.uproda.net/down/uproda331394.zip.html

Use at your own risk, backing up original files is advised. :-)

Looks good, but a name of the girl I testing this on cut into the "age" column, girl description was also cut.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »
Nice work on these so far. One thing though:
If anybody is interested I also have a version where MIN_AGE is a compiler variable set to 17 in cGirls.h.  It has absolutely no effect on gameplay, but it does mean that you can change MIN_AGE in just that location to 16, 18, 21, whatever and recompile.
For legal liability reasons for this site, don't post any such version where the minimum age can be lowered.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 12:09:35 AM »
Nice work on these so far. One thing though:For legal liability reasons for this site, don't post any such version where the minimum age can be lowered.

It can't be changed without editing the code and recompiling. Actually, it always could be changed by editing the code and recompiling. Legally I would think it's in exactly the same position as before but I can go through and remove all mention of MIN_AGE from the code if you want.

If you're serious about legal liability (IANAL) I suggest you remove all default characters that are based on anime characters whose 'actual' age is lower than 17.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:11:33 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 05:44:32 AM »
I'm simply asking that you not post a compiled version with the minimum age lowered or potentially lowerable.

Bad mood, or what?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 05:47:19 AM »
(IANAL) Amen to that :)

To many countries with to many different laws and the issue had been discussed to many times on to many forums. There is no reason to make modding age easier, if someone knows how, let them do it for themselves for their own use.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
I'm simply asking that you not post a compiled version with the minimum age lowered or potentially lowerable.

Bad mood, or what?

No, just unsure of what you were asking.  To clarify, I have not and will not post a compiled version where the minimum age is lowered or is lowerable.  I am, however, entirely serious that if you are concerned about legal issues there are characters included in the default distribution that should not be there.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 04:30:46 AM »
In the game (and therefore here on this site), they're at least 17. :)