Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

Scripting question

<< < (2/3) > >>

necno:
Scripts are attached to triggers.
You can find txt files with the triggers and the old manual above will describe how to use them.

redle:
Several scripting questions...
1.  Should user generated scripts work in the current environment?  I seem to be having no luck (it would also seem that the example Cammy White script built into the distribution never runs either).

2.  There seem to be 2 types of scripts: those specifically associated with an existing female which effect only her and the player, and generic scripts which effect the player or can generate random stuff.  Is there a way for a generic (global) script to create the appearance of a specific female?  Can a specific female's script cause a change to a different female?

3. The pdf about scripting mentioned an exe that could take a text script and compile it.  Does this still exist, or is the script editor tool (which doesn't allow free typing) required?

Solo761:
There were some changes to some parts of scripting, from what I saw triggers are converted to XML and I don't know if the game still looks for triggers in old format.

Yes, there was an exe to compile them, unfortunately that got replaced with script editor tool.

DocClox:
No, the old triggers format is discontinued.

Supporting both in parallel seemed risky, and I wasn't aware of anyone using the old format for anything.

redle:
I'm new to the whole thing anyway, so it isn't like I have a lot to convert.  I'm just testing the waters.  I suppose the next question is where can I find information on the new xml trigger system.

(Edited addition) Point me to an example is probably enough...  Oh, and GlobalTriggers.txt does seem to still be used.  I was able to modify that and cause an existing global script to run based on a different trigger I put in place there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version