Author Topic: LS' Item pack  (Read 41387 times)

Offline LordShame

Re: LS' Item pack
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:12 PM »
They do show up, they're just extremely rare. I just sent 8 basic gangs in the catacombs every week for 12 weeks, and got 3 S-rank items (2 skill books and the best armor). Hmm, maybe I do need to make the books better. I wish there was a rarity control for catacomb-only items. Even just a "minor treasure"/"major treasure" distinction would be nice.

I also got about 25000 in coins (that's after paying my goons), around 20000 in various other items, and a couple dozen monster girls, so it was still more than worth it, heh.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 10:39:52 PM »
Well Immortal Goons make Catacombing real easy its like botting =o
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline letmein

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 10:56:03 PM »
They do show up, they're just extremely rare. I just sent 8 basic gangs in the catacombs every week for 12 weeks, and got 3 S-rank items (2 skill books and the best armor). Hmm, maybe I do need to make the books better. I wish there was a rarity control for catacomb-only items. Even just a "minor treasure"/"major treasure" distinction would be nice.

I also got about 25000 in coins (that's after paying my goons), around 20000 in various other items, and a couple dozen monster girls, so it was still more than worth it, heh.

Yeah, they show up, but I shouldn't have to try 96 times to get three items...  BUT, I'm not trying to hijack the thread.  Please ignore me, and continue modding stuff.  ;)
Still lurking.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »
Well its not like he can set catacombs Item appearance %

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Not yet anyways. :p
You'll still have common items super common though. And since gangs only bring back one item at a time it'll be even more rare to find some of these items.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:35 PM »
OH LS you might want to make the cures for drugs about as common as the cure for Chlamydia or Syphilis I dont mind AIDS cure being much rarer but considering its much more common to find someone addicted to drugs then have a STD

Offline LordShame

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 09:38:53 PM »
You have a point there. I haven't noticed this before because I usually don't bother with addicted girls, but I did some testing, and you're right, I made the addiction cures too rare. I wanted to make addiction a bigger deal, but the fact that a cure is twenty times more expensive than just buying the girl a dose is probably balanced enough. I'll fix that by next version, to set them to 20% instead of 5%. Good eye!

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 04:10:04 AM »
oh and LS if your still unsure about the status of MISC item they seem to be working just fine now

Offline letmein

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure they were fixed in one of the 1.29 patches.
Still lurking.

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:02 PM »
It should probably be possible (if not necessarily easy) to go the entire game without setting foot in the catacombs.

That's doable at the minute.  It's not particularly easy, thanks to initial costs and trying to make those back(I don't do 'bad stuff' like kipnapping by default, nor randoms when I play with 'above-ground' girls.  I'm glad that random monster pack was made...there's too few random models, which turns me off from having them in general.  Attack of the clones, you know?  Maybe I should turn some of the custom girls into randoms to ease the issue.  At least then they'd be clones I'd want to see...).

So, arguably, it shouldn't be possible to do that. Well, not be possible to withhold most of your gangs until they're fully trained and equipped.

Now, the issue in this case is if you want your gangs to live, they have to train-they are practically useless except at max.  They just take too many casualties before that point, and will eat your potions like water, even on guard(you really are under constant assault after the initial wait time)...for ZERO benefit to them; they gain nothing from working other than casualties. 

If they were gaining power from doing jobs, I wouldn't keep them all in the training camps till they were mini-gods.  Even the weapon upgrades aren't as effective as the training-or at least it doesn't feel so.  There's a case to be made that you don't 'need' training if you have potions under the current system, but I find that's not the case.

I wonder how fast you can beat the game currently?  Sabotage can bring in a hell of a lot of money...

EDIT-Answer: fairly quickly and safely, even with 6 untrained gangs(And one guarding, one training), sabotaging from the off.  Income is high enough that it can pay for itself and make significant profit even if they screw up and can't  attack a few times.  Roughly 30 or so turns(wasn't keeping a proper count).  Perhaps that shouldn't be possible.  Then again, the rivals start off with fairly large operations to begin with, and if you wait, they can take ages to kill off even now with invincible gangs because they're so vast.  I'll try without weapon upgrades, perhaps.  See if it takes longer.

EDIT2:Wow.  I guess it's just luck that decides it, because this one was about 15 turns.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:48:43 AM by Bloodly »

Offline letmein

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 01:59:14 AM »
Yeah, luck is the main factor.  It's already quite possible for two of your opponents to be eliminated without *any* influence from you, within the first three or four months.  The other enemy groups don't seem to be any stronger for that, either.
Still lurking.

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 03:07:53 AM »
Well, I presume they will eat up the now-neutral businesses in time, forcing you to have to fight for it.  Sabotage doesn't occupy the territory, after all, and what they're mostly doing is sabotaging and aquiring businesses.  Of course, them growing means you've got a nice, long-lasting cash candy jar for your own sabotage efforts.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 06:12:42 AM »
Version 3.0!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WC27K4C4

What's new:
-Pack now uses the XML file format.
-Addiction cures are now more common.
-The "Codex" items (skill books) are now twice as good. New "Manual"items are available in the shop and are as good as the old Codex items.All books are now Misc items and no longer vanish.
-Several items have rebalanced stats and rarity.
-Willbreaker Oil renamed to Brainwashing Oil because I kept mixing it up with Willbreaker Spice, and Felt Slippers renamed to Wool Slippers because it looked too similar to Fur Slippers in the list.
-Some of the really expensive stuff is now more affordable.
-New mage armor and weapons.
-Various new magic jewelry, specialized clothes and other items. There were 116 items in 2.0, now there are 151!

Alright, that's all I can remember.

I'm still open to comments. It'll only make next version better!

Offline Zuul

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 10:04:44 AM »
Great item pack you did there.
Just got a little problem, whenever I use the cheap makeup, the picture of the girl I geve it to vanishes and the game crashes when you try to look at the gallery.
'Sides that, your Itempack is awesome, I really like your writing on the items.

Offline Savagefrog

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 01:11:37 PM »
Love the new item pack, tons of great stuff.