devolution

Author Topic: LS' Item pack  (Read 41764 times)

Offline letmein

Re: LS' Item pack
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
What version of the game do you have?  Because the latest versions DON'T use .items files, but .itemsx files.  Yoiu need 1.29.6, which is now linked in the main download file in the general discussion forum.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
this probably isn't the place for this post, but i don't get any armour items show up, and if i remove items.items (the default file i have) then the game crashes.

mmm... don't know why you're not picking up the mod, (although the game version would definitely be top contender) but it's worth entering the crash as a bug. The game should be able to run without any config files at all, ideally, although it would probably mean hard-coding one default random girl to be used if there were no girls, one default item (probably a healing potion), and one of whatever else we have configs for.

Sorry, utterly unrelated to the topic, I know.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
The game crashes if you load a save file with an item in inventory that isn't found in a .items/.itemsx file.  I think you can start a new game without any items files, but I'm not 100% sure of that.  It might cause a crash when the game tries to reward you with an item, though.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 04:34:53 PM »
mmm .... it should really handle that more gracefully as well. Wouldn't be hard to just make such items vanish from the game. Maybe with a warning at startup time, as per Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:12 PM »
Maybe keep track of them as normal, but ignore them in game, just in case the missing file wasn't intended to be gone permanently.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline trunip190

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 07:27:41 PM »
ah, you were right letmein.
i had managed to download version 1.23 from this site. i wonder how i managed to do, bearing in mind i downloaded it yesterday!
everything works fine now :D

Offline betatester

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »
I think I have found another bug
An expedition in the catacombs have  found an amulet of sex elemental so I give it to a Royal Guard 3 (Elegant and Charming).
If I equip it and unequip it the look goes down each time I do this.
The Look should remain the same before and after removing it and it's not the case.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 08:45:29 PM »
Holy crap, you're right. That is weird. I have no idea what's going on there. It probably has something to do with the way item traits are removed, because that amulet has no direct effect on the stats that determine the looks%.

I've tried doing this with the Succubus' Wardress and the Wings of Lilith, and the same thing happens: looks slowly and permanently degrade when they're removed, all the way down to 0 if done enough. Apparently they take more away when they are removed than they give when they are equipped. Not all items are like that...

Man, I don't know if this is a game mechanics issue or if I messed up somewhere.  :(

Offline sgb

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 10:53:26 PM »
Nothing strange going on here.  Charming is currently giving an insane CHR boost.  So high that characters are going to hit the cap.  As such, a lot of the bonus will be disregarded.  However when you remove it, that character loses the full bonus amount.  Thus you actually do lose more than you gained from losing that particular trait.  I've actually removed Charming and Charismatic (same problem) from all my characters and items until 1.30 hopefully rebalances them.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2010, 01:15:25 AM »
None of those items affect those traits though. In fact they're not meant to affect looks that much, and the permanent loss happens even if no caps are visibly reached.

A quick test:

The Amulet of the Sex Elemental adds 100 to all sex skills, Libido, Obedience and Constitution (so doesn't affect looks by direct bonuses at all). It adds Fast orgasms, Not Human, Nymphomaniac, Great Figure, Great Arse, Fearless, Sterile, Tough, Futanari, Mind Fucked, Long Legs, Puffy Nipples, Perky Nipples, and Abnormally Large Boobs. It removes Big Boobs, Small Boobs, and Lolita. So it has an effect on looks through certain traits.

(Obviously it's meant to be a nutty super item.)

1- On a "Test" game, I pick up a random slave girl with 28% looks; she has Manly, Small boobs, Cute, Lesbian and Meek.
2- I give her the amulet and equip it. She gains all the amulet traits and loses Small boobs. Her looks falls to 25%. (Huh?)
3- I unequip the amulet. She loses all the extra traits, and doesn't regain Small boobs. Her looks are now 8%.
4- I equip the amulet again. She gets the amulet traits back, and her looks fall to 7%.
5- I remove the amulet. She has 2% looks.
6- Equip again, still 2% looks.
7- Remove again, 0% looks.

Okay, I tested this again on 1.29.3.2, an older version I kept around because it doesn't have the bug with overlapping equipment slots. An 82% girl (Optimist, Meek) became 87% after wearing and removing the amulet. I repeatedly put it on and off a 100% girl and she stayed at 100% no matter what.

There may be a basic math thing that I'm too dumb to get (quite possible!), but I still have no idea what's going on.

EDIT:
Though I guess that in the end, I don't really need to know what's going on; all I need to know is whether my pack is broken or not.  :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:24:39 AM by LordShame »

Offline betatester

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2010, 05:50:30 AM »
same exemple as above (1.29.4.6 amulet of sex elemental royal guard elegant and charming, equipment hair comb and amulet)
the look is not the only stat impacted
even natural sex skills goes down with equip/unequip
at the end even with amulet on your sex skills are not at 100 (so negative valiues with skills is the only option I see... displaying only 0 but real value negative)
since service and stripping are working well I think it's a game bug and not a pack bug
(perhaps with trait removal, perhaps with object removal (did I hear someone saying "Both !" ok perhaps also)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:57:11 AM by betatester »

Offline LordShame

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:49 PM »
Hooooly crap, it's been a while.

First things first: you can get version 4.1 at http://www.mediafire.com/?njnjuryionw
I can longer say that this is a replacement for the default pack, as version 3.0 was gracefully accepted as the new default. Therefore the file is named "items.itemsx" for simplicity, but feel free to rename it to accomodate your own setup.

Right now, there's just this one file, with the stats detailed in the item descriptions, the equivalent of the old "LSitemsDesc" file. I might release a no-details version, but not before a few days at least. I've just had a crazy-ass couple of weeks and it'll be a little while before I have the time to complete that. It took me long enough to get this one out of the door, heheh.

There are too many changes to list here in detail, but here's the gist of it:
-Lots of stuff received considerable price cuts, in light of the new game releases where money is noticeably harder to come by (in the early game, at least). My goal is to keep having expensive items, but not so expensive that you can't afford them before you reach the point where you basically have infinite money.
-Several items are at least slightly more effective.
-All appropriate items have the girlbuychance stat added. (This is different from the old 3.0 but this has already been incorporated into the latest release of the game.)
-The Succubus Wardress and the Wings of Lilith are now regular clothes instead of armor, to accomodate the new auto-equip mechanics. They have been replaced by roughly equivalent S-grade armors without sex effects: the Godward Shell and the Apocalypse Shroud.
-The risky Philtres of Abortion are now much cheaper. There is a new "Perfect Philtre of Abortion" available; it's more expensive but never has side-effects.
-Gift-type items have been slightly expanded to clearly delineate between sweets (which add happiness) and flowers (which add love). Girls will buy the former for themselves but not the latter.
-There are several brand new items of all types!
-Probably some more stuff that I forgot.
-Version 4.1 makes use of the new Small Weapons category.

For the next version, among other things, I've got plans to expand the drugs into a variety of inexpensive short-term-reward items that enhance girls at the cost of burning them out quickly, intended for evil players who doesn't mind crippling/killing their employees to make a quick buck. I don't know if I can do this without wrecking the balance, so it might take a little time, but I've got the bare bones of it almost worked out. (Shroud-based stuff would make girls obedient and resistant to pain, but lazy and dumb; fairy dust-based stuff would make girls energetic, charming, and horny, but fragile and weak; vira-based stuff would drive girls crazy with bizarre and intense lust, and physically transform them, but it'd have a variety of the worst side-effects.) Let me know if you think that's worth working on.

Now there's one last subject I'd like to talk about. You may have noticed that the default pack that comes with the game as of this writing isn't exactly my old 3.0 pack. In fact several items had been added, which I cannot take credit for: the book of enlightenment, the bracers of babeosity, the free weights, the various nipple rings, the pill of breast reduction, the good fortune, the rings of beauty/charisma/schwarzenegger/horndog, the improved ritual of domination, the scrolls of transcendance, the tomes of knowledge, the true rattle of entropy, and the wand of lolification. As far as I've heard, these items were made by Myrikhan. (I apologize if I've missed a few, but I think that's about it.)

Now at first I didn't even realize that, and I started to build version 4 directly from my old version 3. Then I did notice his new items, and decided to incorporate most of his ideas. Some items got a name/description change to make them fit better with the rest of the pack, and several made the transition unchanged save for minor spelling or technical fixes. A couple of basic +stat rings got cut, but that's because I firmly believe the major changes they bring would be better placed on amulets or armbands, since those can't be stacked. They will be reintroduced as such in the next version. I could technically put them in right now but I remembered them too late and I got to hit the hay! This wicked man really needs all the rest he can get these days. :D

Alright, that's about it. Being in charge of the official pack is kind of a major change of perspective for me, and I hope I have been and will continue to be worthy of the job. Good night, and keep on pimpin'!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:59:43 PM by LordShame »

Offline Zuul

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
Gosh... I know I'm a little late, so here goes...

Thanks for your work!! ^^

'Cause it cannot be that you, who is taking up the challenge to create the official item pack for this lovely game and recive NO thanks at all!
So I hope to see more snarky item text from you in the future, I really aprecciate it!

Now, for some constructive criticism: I'd really like to see you expand on the Shoe category. At the moment, all I do is equipping my girls with bunny slippers and only occasionally do I buy some higer grade shoes. Theres just not enough diversity in that category yet.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 01:40:32 AM »
Haha, to be honest I was just happy not to get any complaints, but this is nice too. :D I'm glad you're enjoying it.

And yeah, I see how the shoes could use a little love and attention, now that you point it out. I think they got the least additions per version of all the item types so far, and the store rarely has a good selection to begin with. Maybe I can do something with a slippers/flats vs platforms/high heels idea like I did with gowns vs dresses. I'm gonna look into that.

Offline sgb

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
For the next version, among other things, I've got plans to expand the   drugs into a variety of inexpensive short-term-reward items that enhance   girls at the cost of burning them out quickly, intended for evil   players who doesn't mind crippling/killing their employees to make a   quick buck. I don't know if I can do this without wrecking the balance,   so it might take a little time, but I've got the bare bones of it almost   worked out. (Shroud-based stuff would make girls obedient and resistant   to pain, but lazy and dumb; fairy dust-based stuff would make girls   energetic, charming, and horny, but fragile and weak; vira-based stuff   would drive girls crazy with bizarre and intense lust, and physically   transform them, but it'd have a variety of the worst side-effects.) Let   me know if you think that's worth working on.
I doubt it.  Double-edged items COULD work, but the problem is the game balance is still off.  When you have essentially ultimated money, why use risky items when you can just buy good ones?  There's only so much we can do on the item front for balance as long as gold goes still goes to infinity after the first few months.  While it's a more interesting solution to drugs than I used (remove them because they're pointless), your plan for them isn't worthwhile at the moment as nobody would need to use such items.

Also, does anyone know if diseases can actually occur?  I'm thinking of removing the disease cures for my game as I have NEVER seen one happen, and they waste store space.  I never saw one even in much earlier versions of game.