devolution

Author Topic: New map  (Read 37682 times)

Offline crazy

Re: New map
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately I'm out due to the translation issue.  My Russian is not that good yet.   :'(
Maybe Xela could help with the translation part I've been wanting this skin for the mod since he showed it to me and still really really do lol.

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 01:09:55 AM »
Well, I'd have no problem it Photoshopping whatever needs to be done. I was just thinking about the pitiful amount of Russian I actually know, and realized just WHY my translations would be a bad idea!  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 02:14:58 PM »
Well, I'd have no problem it Photoshopping whatever needs to be done. I was just thinking about the pitiful amount of Russian I actually know, and realized just WHY my translations would be a bad idea!  :D

I'll get back to you on Saturday. Translation is not really a problem, making new screens is. I'll PM you and Gizmo (who speaks Russian by the way) .psd source files this weekend, like I've said, those are made by a professional graphical designer using techniques that took me a long while to figure out (And I am still puzzled by a couple of his layers) so it may take a while to make more skins of this quality.
Like what we're doing?

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm liking the way the new map looks, I am going to load it into my test files.

Xela, I also like that skin a lot, I don't speak Russian, but for skins it is not really necessary. The only place where the would be any text is on the buttons themselves, we would just need the back ground that it used for the buttons. Then we can print over that with the font of our choice. A blank button in fact would be very helpful.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 04:10:31 AM »
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm liking the way the new map looks, I am going to load it into my test files.

Xela, I also like that skin a lot, I don't speak Russian, but for skins it is not really necessary. The only place where the would be any text is on the buttons themselves, we would just need the back ground that it used for the buttons. Then we can print over that with the font of our choice. A blank button in fact would be very helpful.

Well... blank buttons are not the problem. His layers are named in English so you can actually translate most of the buttons without even resorting to Google translate. In any case, I've PMed PP, Gismo and Ftrill source files for graphics. Have fun with it :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 04:17:27 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:50:02 AM »
Got 'em.  Will be looking at them soon.

Thanks, Xela.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 05:54:58 AM »
Got 'em.  Will be looking at them soon.

Thanks, Xela.

You're welcome, tell me or Gismo if you need help translating something.
Like what we're doing?

Offline F-Trill

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 05:55:29 AM »
Will do. Thanks.

Offline Gismo

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »
In what resolution you are playing? Nothing if I do support and some new interface only for 1680x1050?

It will look something like this (Gang menu) -
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:26:29 PM by Gismo »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »
I don't remember. I'm working on a remake of original SimBrothel so I don't have time to play WM, nor do I currently have it installed on my laptop...

You need to adjust .xml files to get skin to work properly. It's like I've said: this skin is complicated as hell. If this was easy or could have been done fast I would have taken care of it myself.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 04:40:40 AM »
Small update all in first post.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 04:54:06 AM »
Looks good so far! Congrats!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 05:44:16 AM »
No offense intended here, it's a nice looking map, but... the problem I have with most decent looking city maps like this one is matter of scale. Crossgate is supposed to be massive, as it also should be to support such a large potential number of brothels. Most good city maps that you might find online or create using city builder software are rather small scale in comparison. Granted, a smaller scale is needed to show much detail in city layout and building composition and so forth, but to me such cities just look too small, more on the scale of a middling town.

Pet peeve aired, and it does otherwise look like a nice map. ;)

Offline Gismo

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »
When I draw this map, in mind I imagined something like what you describe. But here's what I got, small city with big scale. Just brought this map to a logical conclusion and started draw a new )

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 03:46:51 PM »
Actually, something Crazy thought of, was for us to put in a way to have more than one map... which you could then move between maps. If we manage to get around to this, then the smaller maps would work out fine...

Otherwise, I still like the basic idea of a more city/village like map, such as what you are working on.