devolution

Author Topic: New map  (Read 37691 times)

Offline Gismo

Re: New map
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
I have a question. Is it ok make map and interface only for 1680x1050??? In another resolution with this interface game crash.
If this resolution fine and can be run on any computer, I will continue the work.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 11:15:09 AM »
I have a question. Is it ok make map and interface only for 1680x1050??? In another resolution with this interface game crash.
If this resolution fine and can be run on any computer, I will continue the work.

Hey man, that would really suck since my laptop is 1280x800 :(

I found my old files for crazy's mod 0.4 version. .xml set to work at 1200x800 there, please see if you can figure it out, I would really appreciate a version with resolution within frame of 1280x800.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:35 AM »
Done with interface mod  8)
                                                                                   MAP + Interface mod (Full)

- All screens. --> excluding: Viev Gallery (have buttons but not optimised, could not find work .xml file). Next Week/Next Summary (have buttons but not optimised, could not find work .xml file).
- All buttons. --> excluding: arrows in market screen.
- Full optimised for 1280x800 resolution, in others not tested.

Upload some screens later.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:35:14 PM by Gismo »

Offline crazy

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
- All screens. --> excluding: Viev Gallary (have buttons but not optimised, could not find work .xml file). Next Week/Next Summary (have buttons but not optimised, could not find work .xml file).
Those are all hard coded so there is no .xml file for them.

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
It probably wouldn't be too hard for us to convert them to an xml file instead of hard coded though.

Offline Parlarkey

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »
My game crashes as soon as I try to enter the Brothel Settings screen. I'm not 100% sure whether this is because of your particular mod, if it's a different mod or if it's a combination of the two, as I haven't been able to download a fresh .05e install. For the rest, I do like the look of the new skin pack as a whole, as well as the 1200x800 support. There's a couple of things I'd like to point out though that I think could be improved upon, take them for what you will:

- The icons on the map can sometimes be difficult to see, making it rather difficult to see where exactly one should click in order to go to that building. For example, the Community Center button isn't highlighted (on mouse-over it looks the same as normal) and the Prison button is about as grey as the background. Another thing is that the building outlines are very defined (with their black edges), making the map look a bit... cluttery? I don't know exactly how to put it, but the map looks very "busy". In the old map, the map was sort of like a background, where the points of interest were easily identifiable. In this map I feel like I have to search too much, because every building looks important somehow.
- In the Girl Details window, the 'Back' button text is a lot larger than the rest, making it look a bit out of place. I think this button is used in the Gallery as well, perhaps in other places too.
- The BDSM button in the 'View Gallery' section looks blurry compared to the others.
- In the Girl Management window, would it be possible to have the same wooden look in the background on the left half of the screen as on the right half in the Brief Information window? The background now is plain (off-)white, making it fairly bright to look at. The same goes for the Transfer Screen window, the Dungeon window, and perhaps more. If a background can't be set for those windows, a slightly darker background would be appreciated.
- The button in the market says 'By Selected Slave', should be 'Buy'.
- The button in Girl Details says 'View Gallary', should be 'Gallery' (not sure if that's what you meant).

Very nice job overall, keep up the good work!

Offline Gismo

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »

- Community Center button  isn't highlighted  --> Its my fault, copy wrong button )
- The icons on the map can sometimes be difficult to see --> I also thought about it and I think to remove all icons (May make the text as icons for example).
- In the Girl Details window, the 'Back' button text is a lot larger than the rest --> Not only text, button is larger in some screens. Will correct it.
- The BDSM button in the 'View Gallery' section looks blurry compared to the others. --> Thx for that, I experimented with this section, will fix it.
- In the Girl Management window, would it be possible to have the same wooden look in the background on the left half of the screen as on the right half in the Brief Information window? The background now is plain (off-)white, making it fairly bright to look at. --> It is one background for all list boxes, I can make it darker. 
- The buttons 'By Selected Slave' 'View Gallary', should be 'Buy' 'Gallery' . --> I used a standard button names (If it is right I will change it)

Offline Gismo

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 08:32:09 PM »
Update 1 for MAP + Interface mod in first post.

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 11:08:24 AM »
Thanks Gismo! This looks good enough to be in the mod.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline PinkPervert

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
This looks excellent, I will fully test it once I am done with the arena, and will start talking to Crazy about setting up an easy way to include it as an option for or mod. (With your permission of course).
--PP

Offline FlamBurger

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
Wow, that is absolutely awesome that it's being considered.

This is a really good alternative to the default.
Our playground....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »
I realize this will probably com across negatively especially after my earlier scale-related nitpicking, but I'd like to post a reminder of another nice custom map which does have a larger scale:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=457.120

That one was likely to end up being official once further work went into us setting up separate town wards and actual game progression based on them, before DocClox and the rest of us got too sidetracked with pursuits other than WM development.

Offline FlamBurger

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »
Oh I forgot about that map..... :'( Well either way both are a lot better than the default.
Our playground....

Offline Gismo

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
I realize this will probably com across negatively especially after my earlier scale-related nitpicking, but I'd like to post a reminder of another nice custom map which does have a larger scale:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=457.120

That one was likely to end up being official once further work went into us setting up separate town wards and actual game progression based on them, before DocClox and the rest of us got too sidetracked with pursuits other than WM development.

Wow, I did not notice this topic. Thanks! Like this scale  :)

Offline FlamBurger

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
I forgot that I play this on my laptop and my Main. When I play it with the regular settings, it won't pop up. I had to shrink it down to 1200X765  :'( even then it doesn't look too bad.
Our playground....